View Full Version : THE SORA, new amazing electric motorcycle

TSORA
09 April 2011, 1726
Hi guys, go see that link:
www.litogreenmotion.com
unleash your emotion!

Nuts & Volts
09 April 2011, 1751
Wow! That is a hell of a machine right there, it just looks like brute force. The whole packaging of the bike is awesome and gives you very nice performance numbers. When will it be available to buy? I like building my own too much to buy one, but I can really see people wanting to buy this if it comes in at a reasonable price (edit - $43k canadian from the faq section on their site).

Also got any videos of it running? You guys should try to make it out to a TTXGP event and show that baby off this summer

Oh and welcome to El Moto!
-Kyle

jpanichella
09 April 2011, 1819
Wow that thing is pretty nuts. 185 miles to a charge huh? I wonder how many cycles those batteries last.

I like some of the software development you've incorporated. The idea of a system that makes sure you get to your destination by adjusting your riding in real time is pretty appealing.

Skeezmour
09 April 2011, 1831
I know a bunch of us would love to see 12kwh take a bike 180 miles. Does look great though and I hope you do well.

chef
09 April 2011, 2040
Welcome and nice looking bike. Killer specs... and price. One of the first customers you should go after is Jay Leno. He's one of a handful of collectors with appreciation of EVs that can drop that kind of cash.

(edit - $43k canadian from the faq section on their site).

Also got any videos of it running? You guys should try to make it out to a TTXGP event and show that baby off this summer
Yes videos please. And pics with the fairings off. I bet Chip Yates would like to see how they crammed 12kWh into the body without the pizza box :D

podolefsky
09 April 2011, 2118
Hi! Great looking bike - I like the bobber / street-fighter / cafe thing...it just needs red wheels ;)

Do you have a working prototype? Everything on your site looks like CAD, just curious.

chef
09 April 2011, 2128
podoefsky - Check the gallery. There's a shot of it out on the street.
http://www.litogreenmotion.com/gallery-sora.html

BTW - anyone else notice this: "A powerful electric motor and CVT transmission."

BaldBruce
09 April 2011, 2131
I head up to Montreal (Lachine specifically) on a regular basis. If I ask nicely, can I swing by and check out your digs????

Brutus
09 April 2011, 2136
That is a good looking full size bike and I love the style!

podolefsky
09 April 2011, 2150
podoefsky - Check the gallery. There's a shot of it out on the street.
http://www.litogreenmotion.com/gallery-sora.html

I'm almost sure that picture is Photoshop. The lighting doesn't look right, and there's no shadow from the kickstand.

teddillard
10 April 2011, 0305
I'm almost sure that picture is Photoshop. The lighting doesn't look right, and there's no shadow from the kickstand.

(you gets an "A"!)

:cool:

lugnut
10 April 2011, 0602
BTW - anyone else notice this: "A powerful electric motor and CVT transmission."

Yeah, I noticed the CVT transmission. That along with this:
I know a bunch of us would love to see 12kwh take a bike 180 miles. Makes me wonder if it is for real or just another web site for a fantasy machine.

TSORA
10 April 2011, 0624
hi guys, picture on the site (except those from modeling!) are rendering!
First live presentation of the bike will be at the F1 GP of Montreal.
Bike is now on dyno testing and videos will be added on the next few weeks!
This bike is for real and first delivery are planned for october 2011!
As you can see on the web site, many partners, R&D centers and University was involved in the development.

ZoomSmith
10 April 2011, 0722
Mr. Tsora,

Looks like an interesting proposal, but you will have to forgive our collective skepticism. Over the last few years we have seen many of these cool, "Worlds First" concepts, only to have them never materialize. Unfortunately, The EV realm is full of poseurs looking for suckers/investors to drop a bunch of cash.

We look forward to some real pictures and videos soon.

seanece
10 April 2011, 0756
12kWh / 185mile range = 65 Wh per mile........ That would be an incredible drive system even at steady-state driving.

Significant Regen on a belted CVT is (unfortunately) very unlikely. TSORA, feel free to contact me on how I know. ewing.124@osu.edu

In my ignorant opinion, drop the CVT for more batteries. Beautiful ideas and rendering though, I wish you the best.

Cheers

frodus
10 April 2011, 1431
Nice looking bike.... but skeptical of numbers, they seem overinflated. Not a lot of technical data yet.

FYI, It's NOT the first time a touchscreen bas been integrated into a bike. Ever hear of Mavizen? Mission 1?

It's NOT the first CVT electric motorcycle, Square Wave Racing put one on their bike last year.

It's NOT the first keyless electric motorcycle either, Jake did that last year too.

seanece
22 June 2011, 0813
Just talked to some people from Detroit that saw the Sora at a recent show. This does indeed exist beyond CAD drawings, but they are still claiming all of their specs. Regardless of their claims, the real world pictures are very nice.

http://www.litogreenmotion.com/gallery-sora

Note: They are stating significant capital investments and expect to ramp up to a few hundred in production this year or early next year with the goal of selling several thousand. Stay Tuned!

podolefsky
22 June 2011, 0825
Nice! A lot can happen from prototype to production - but still cool to see it get this far. It's a beautiful machine - will definitely have the cycle mags scratching their heads.

frodus
23 June 2011, 0947
a few hundred? for that much money? good luck....

drivin98
17 April 2012, 1121
New video of the Sora is now out. (Post on AutoblogGreen (http://green.autoblog.com/2012/04/17/lito-green-motion-electric-sora-motorcycle/)) Bike is on its way to Monaco for the Top Marques show. One article I read from late 2011 says they have 10 customers with deposits down. Not bad, considering the price tag and new company etc...

http://www.blogcdn.com/green.autoblog.com/media/2012/04/lito-green-motion-sora-628-1334602822.jpg

DRZ400
17 April 2012, 1232
Yeah....and no youtube demo video?? Hmmmm. Looks cool though...plus the CVT would make a nice topic of conversation.

Coninsan
17 April 2012, 1241
Really cool to actually see the bike take the step from 3D rendering. Kinda sucks that Lito had to have so many custom engineered parts, jacking up the price.. The rear suspension is very novel though.

gijoe460
17 April 2012, 1929
Noah caught it with his comment about the red rims....lol, i sure thought it reminded me of his at first look too, thought....hmmm i think it needs red rims
HA ha ha ha
Its pretty though.

ETcelerate
19 August 2012, 1515
A behind the scenes video with commentary by the founder/president. Their marketing approach sounds very much like Tesla's. Maybe they should team-up?

http://youtu.be/zDzQAv3FS7g

ETcelerate
31 October 2012, 2359
The Sora will be featured on Tech Toys 360 Season 2, premieres Friday, Nov. 2 at 8 PM and 8:30 PM on Discovery Velocity.

http://youtu.be/kb4cq-G0_zE

Nuts & Volts
01 November 2012, 1112
Just looking through their gallery today. It seems they have a Quig charger and 6 EIG (or similiar pouch cells) modules in there. It also has a Perm PMS 156 motor that they are driving a little bit past its limits it seems. This thing is very close to a Mission R design the way it is packaged and designed

Something like a 28s6p would give about 12.2kWh (of 20Ah EIG) for that bike. Looks like also a Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 maybe, that works out perfect with 28*4.15V= 116.2V. Just under the Sevcon max 118V limit. The sizing across the frame also works out. I love this stuff haha

DRZ400
15 March 2013, 1215
The Sora reminds me of the Brutus bike in looks anyway. Saw the Sora on Tech Toys last night...think it was a repeat. Dont think too many people will put down 40k for it!!

Doctorbass
15 March 2013, 1907
I had the occasion last summer to try the Sora at Montreal circuit Gille Villneuve. I was really amazed by the quality of the product and power it have! I was sceptic about the CVT but after the try i can conclude it's really working well ! The LiTo founder is also a nice guy. I discussed with him few hours.

Doc

ETcelerate
04 January 2014, 0012
Haven't seen much press about the Lito Sora recently, but looks like production is nearing. According to the following newcast, the Lito Sora will be on the road next Spring. Price for the Sora, with its carbon shell, aluminum frame and 12 kWh lithium-polymer battery modules, is reported as C$46,000 ($43,326.76 USD). Would love to see a side by side comparison of this and the Brutus 2.

CTV News Videos
CTV Montreal: No gas needed for moto bike

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?playlistId=1.1616613

Skeezmour
04 January 2014, 0945
We are up for that :)

podolefsky
12 February 2014, 1532
Just got this in an email. Looks like they are starting production:

http://litogreenmotion.com/images/media/press/download/SORA_prod_DEBUT_Press_realease.pdf

Spoonman
13 February 2014, 0455
Got that as well - time will tell.

yankee1919
13 February 2014, 1000
It would interesting to see what type of feed back the bike will create.