PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for TTXGP Infineon 2011

__Tango
09 May 2011, 1654
OK folks,

The TTXGP Infineon race is this weekend. Who's going? I'll be there saturday and sunday (and maybe friday too).

I'll be doing some photographer duties, but i'll be available to hang out and chat with other elmoto folks.

Who else is gonna be there, and what days?

PS, my bike should be done by the end of the week, should i bring it up to show it off? :)

Skeezmour
09 May 2011, 1700
I'll be there Thursday night till the end Sunday. Come on by and say hi.

as far as bringing your bike.....DUH! :)

Nuts & Volts
09 May 2011, 1819
Ill be there Sunday for one of the two races. My family is coming in town the same weekend so i cant sneak off from them for too long.

Also, I'll either be wearing a black TTXGP shirt or an gray "I am AMAzing" shirt :)

harlan
10 May 2011, 0000
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. I'll be the one in the Hollywood Electrics shirt :)

Square Wave
10 May 2011, 0311
Make sure to come by the pits and say "Hi" to me, Brian, and Rob of Moto Electra.

Richard230
10 May 2011, 0747
I plan to be there on Saturday with my son-in-law. I hope the pit areas will be open to the public, like they used to be years ago. I haven't been to the track since they changed their name from Sears Point Raceway.

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the weekend isn't too great. It is predicted to be cold and windy all weekend, with a chance of showers on Saturday and showers are likely on Sunday.

__Tango
10 May 2011, 0822
I plan to be there on Saturday with my son-in-law. I hope the pit areas will be open to the public, like they used to be years ago. I haven't been to the track since they changed their name from Sears Point Raceway.

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the weekend isn't too great. It is predicted to be cold and windy all weekend, with a chance of showers on Saturday and showers are likely on Sunday.

Crap...seriously? It's may in northern cal dammit...it's not supposed to rain again until october. :(

OK, so newbie question here...do they cancel or alter moto races due to rain?

Richard230
10 May 2011, 1523
My guess is that they will run all of the races in the rain. That is why they make racing "rain tires". On the other hand, they may make the electric motorcycles drag a grounding strap behind them when running in the rain, just to keep the sparks down a bit. :D

DaveAK
10 May 2011, 1648
I'll be at home wearing my :( shirt.

cleffjark
11 May 2011, 1859
I'll be there! I'm competing with Harlan to attend every electric motorcycle event on the west coast. I'll be the guy with a hat on.

cycleguy
12 May 2011, 0752
Obviously all of us unable to attend are very interested in seeing the new bikes for 2011, particularly the new Lightning and Motoczysz bikes, which no one has actually seen so far.
I hope those of you attending take plenty of photos and put them on the web for all to see ASAP.
Have a great time!

Allen_okc
12 May 2011, 0802
i second cycleguy's request - you all need to gets fotos and videos for the rest of us...

__Tango
12 May 2011, 0806
i second cycleguy's request - you all need to gets fotos and videos for the rest of us...

I plan on it! Hopefully, i'll get some good ones for y'all. :)

teddillard
12 May 2011, 0812
...not to be (too much of) a coy bitch, but I got me a line on a guy with a backstage pass, who shall, at this point, remain unnamed, but has promised me "exclusive" shots. I'll post links here, they're going to go up on the blog as soon as I get 'em.

Although he has fondled the Motoczysz in person, he wasn't able to take shots of it for the public, and to my knowledge they're going to be across the pond (the Isle of Man, a little birdy told me).

Brammofan
12 May 2011, 0846
Has anyone thought of using something like bambuser.com to stream live video of the race from their iPhone? I had the pleasure of watching the TTXGP World Championship race, live, via the iPhone of Morris Motorcycles (http://www.morrismotorcycles.com/) head honcho, Morris Packer. He could tell I was watching and said, "Hi Harry" and then mentioned this to Azhar, who was standing right next to him. Azhar thought he was a bit "off" but waved, nevertheless. I then texted Morris and told him to tell Azhar something embarrassing and clever (exactly what, I can't recall), but I saw the moment of realization cross Azhar's face that, indeed, I was watching, live, halfway across the world. Anyway... enough name-dropping.

The point I am making: SOMEONE, please, install this or a better app on their phone and broadcast the events for us elmotards!

frodus
12 May 2011, 0849
Interesting they'll be at IOM. Wonder if it'l be the same bike?

Excited to see your shots Ted.

Nuts & Volts
12 May 2011, 0908
Has anyone thought of using something like bambuser.com to stream live video of the race from their iPhone? I had the pleasure of watching the TTXGP World Championship race, live, via the iPhone of Morris Motorcycles (http://www.morrismotorcycles.com/) head honcho, Morris Packer. He could tell I was watching and said, "Hi Harry" and then mentioned this to Azhar, who was standing right next to him. Azhar thought he was a bit "off" but waved, nevertheless. I then texted Morris and told him to tell Azhar something embarrassing and clever (exactly what, I can't recall), but I saw the moment of realization cross Azhar's face that, indeed, I was watching, live, halfway across the world. Anyway... enough name-dropping.

The point I am making: SOMEONE, please, install this or a better app on their phone and broadcast the events for us elmotards!

I'll try it from my Android. Ill only be there for the first race, but ill see what I can do. Maybe ill do a trial run before then to see if i know what im doing.

Interesting they'll be at IOM. Wonder if it'l be the same bike?

Excited to see your shots Ted.
I think magicsmoke had a post that said that motoczysz would have bikes unveiled. I think Mission and brammo are trying to get to IOM too, but not 100% sure.

Warren
12 May 2011, 0952
"the new Lightning and Motoczysz bikes"

Wait. I knew Lightning was running Motoczysz drivetrains this year, but is Motoczysz entering as well?

teddillard
12 May 2011, 1003
no.

The teams for the opening round are:

Lightning Motors......Michael Barnes.........80
Lightning Motors......Mike Hannas............88
Moto Electra.............Thad Wolff...............37
Brammo Racing ........Steve Atlas...............58
Protomoto Racing.....Ely Schless...............18
VOLT........................Kenyon Kluge..........19
Mission Motors.........Steve Rapp................17

:)

frodus
12 May 2011, 1005
Can't wait to see what the teams have come up with this year

cycleguy
12 May 2011, 1006
Oops sorry, Motoczysz will not be competing in this years US TTXGP, that's what happens when I'm only on my 3rd cup of coffee.
But the new Lightning should be a stunner from the few photos I've seen on Asphalt and Rubber.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/lightning-motors-2011-goals/

150lbs lighter and 50 more HP. It looks like their using a Remy motor in their own motor housing.

Nuts & Volts
12 May 2011, 1028
Oops sorry, Motoczysz will not be competing in this years US TTXGP, that's what happens when I'm only on my 3rd cup of coffee.
But the new Lightning should be a stunner from the few photos I've seen on Asphalt and Rubber.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/lightning-motors-2011-goals/

150lbs lighter and 50 more HP. It looks like their using a Remy motor in their own motor housing.

I 2nd this. Their old bike was probably 120HP and 550-600lbs last year. So now it may be 170HP and 400-450lbs. It should be beast, maybe even faster than so 600cc bikes.

Also Yates bike 240HP/600lbs = 0.4 HP/lbs
Lightning bike 170HP/450lbs = 0.377 HP/lbs

Pretty good ratio there if the claims are true

frodus
12 May 2011, 1059
Man the lightning bike stuff looks great.....
can't wait to see the whole bike.

Nuts & Volts
12 May 2011, 1111
Man the lightning bike stuff looks great..... whoever designed that did a really nice job ;)

I'm jealous as hell. Those guys mean seriuos business

cycleguy
12 May 2011, 1126
They sure do. The pics certainly raise a bunch a questions though. Does the swing arm attach to the motor housing? If so, where? It doesn't look like I see a primary reduction anywhere, but I doubt that they'll run it direct to the wheel since the motor revs to 10,600 RPM according to Remy, so where is the primary reduction (internal planetary gear?). I also noticed that there's no chain tunnel in the swing arm, maybe that still needs to be machined out? Can't wait to see the whole thing together.

Skeezmour
12 May 2011, 1127
Man the lightning bike stuff looks great..... whoever designed that did a really nice job ;)

Kills you to have to keep quite doesn't? :)

magicsmoke
12 May 2011, 1128
Interesting they'll (Motoczsyz) be at IOM. Wonder if it'l be the same bike?

I was talking with Mark Miller, Czsyz's chief pilot and he said they'll be running 2 brand new bikes which in his words look like they're from Tron.
Michael rutter's his running mate.

frodus
12 May 2011, 1240
Kills you to have to keep quite doesn't? :)
i'm really excited to see what Lightning has come up with!

frodus
12 May 2011, 1241
I was talking with Mark Miller, Czsyz's chief pilot and he said they'll be running 2 brand new bikes which in his words look like they're from Tron.
Michael rutter's his running mate.
they running at the IOM TT?

Brammofan
12 May 2011, 1306
I don't think MotoCzysz will be at Infineon. I think Mission Motors is questionable, as well.

cycleguy
12 May 2011, 1321
Mission Motors questionable, why am I not surprised?

teddillard
12 May 2011, 1345
Mission Motors questionable, why am I not surprised?

What, did you tell 'em you're bringing your bike? :O

cycleguy
12 May 2011, 1450
What, did you tell 'em you're bringing your bike? :O

Thanks for the snarky remark, at least mine runs!
Is it too much to ask of a company that's accumulated $millions in private, as well as government taxpayer money to at least deliver on one of their many broken promises?
Just imaging where Lightning Motors would be right now with a fraction of that money.

jpanichella
12 May 2011, 1523
The Mission R is a really nice looking bike, I just hope it's real and not a really god computer rendering.

podolefsky
12 May 2011, 1531
I met someone here that claimed to be an investor in Mission, said they do indeed have a running bike. Could be b.s. (either from this guy, or from Mission). Guess we'll just have to see, right?

teddillard
12 May 2011, 1535
Thanks for the snarky remark, at least mine runs!

Sorry, I saw snark and responded in kind.

jpanichella
12 May 2011, 1538
I met someone here that claimed to be an investor in Mission, said they do indeed have a running bike. Could be b.s. (either from this guy, or from Mission). Guess we'll just have to see, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYzfgdQku5Q&feature=related

Nevermind, found an unveiling. There's also an interview with the founders on youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTvZ7cEIm9U

podolefsky
12 May 2011, 1705
Right....so they at least have a non-running prototype :rolleyes:

In all honesty, I'm as skeptical of vaporware as anyone, but I'm not jumping to conclusions just because we haven't seen it yet. I just figure, if it happens it'll be sweet, if not, oh well.

DaveAK
12 May 2011, 1731
Just got word that I might be in CA for training in July the week before Portland, so if I can work it out I should finally be able to make one of these damn races!

Brammofan
12 May 2011, 1925
Mission Motors a no-show at Infineon, confirmed:
http://ridemission.com/blog/2011/05/mission-motors-race-calendar-update/

Mission Motors will race in the 2011 TTXGP, however, we have made the decision to not race this weekend Infineon Raceway. We have not completed sufficient testing prior to the seasonís first race.

Mission will be in attendance at Infineon this weekend, and the Mission R will be on display. We support the TTXGP organization, and the efforts they are making to create a new class of electric motorcycle racing.

Racing drives us to maximize both power and energy density in our key components. The racing circuit represents a dynamic test platform for technology validation.

The Mission R represents our latest powertrain technology, later this season we will demonstrate it on the track.

Thank you for all your support.

cycleguy
12 May 2011, 2014
I'm shocked! Say it isn't so!

So what exactly does this company do besides accumulate capital and deposit it into their bank account, while they pat themselves on the back telling everyone how great they are?

podolefsky
12 May 2011, 2053
They built the Mission One. After that they transitioned into building a general purpose EV drive train for cars and other vehicles (not just motorcycles.) As far as I can tell, the Mission R is not their top priority, and I'm not sure how much of their money is actually dedicated to it.

They were given a CEC grant (http://ridemission.com/blog/2010/11/mission-motors-is-awarded-a-cec-grant/), with matching private funds, in order to build the EVT. The total was $1.1M, which, to be honest, isn't much money for what they're trying to do.

So they're building this drive system, they do consulting for larger companies, and on the side they're trying to build an electric super bike from the ground up.

I'm not saying they've been totally forthcoming about the Mission R, but it's not exactly their core...um...mission.

frodus
12 May 2011, 2106
sounds like what Czysz is/was doing with building his 2 motorcycles and then the D1g1tal drive.... wonder if there's some sort of trend we don't know about. I'd like to see them both produce bikes, but I understand the priorities of the drive train and transitioning it into automotive.

ZoomSmith
12 May 2011, 2111
Just got word that I might be in CA for training in July the week before Portland, so if I can work it out I should finally be able to make one of these damn races!

Sweet Dave. Would be great to meet up at PIR.

DaveAK
12 May 2011, 2126
Sweet Dave. Would be great to meet up at PIR.
It's looking good. Flights will be paid for by work. Class is over on Thursday so that gives me plenty of time to make it to Portland by Saturday morning. Flights from Portland to Anchorage should be very convenient schedule wise. I only got word today, but it's looking like a 99% chance of happening this time.

Of course, if Mission aren't going to be there then there's really no point in me making the trip. ;)

podolefsky
12 May 2011, 2139
sounds like what Czysz is/was doing with building his 2 motorcycles and then the D1g1tal drive.... wonder if there's some sort of trend we don't know about. I'd like to see them both produce bikes, but I understand the priorities of the drive train and transitioning it into automotive.

Sorta the same with AC Propulsion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Propulsion), who built the tzero, then built the controller for the EV1 and was instrumental in getting Tesla started (among other things)

Maybe they figure building an entire vehicle is too much for a start up, they'd be better off using what they know to build drive systems and leave things like air conditioning and power steering to GM and Toyota?

I dunno - but say Mission got this drive system right and Suzuki decided to pick it up. I'd call that a win.

frodus
12 May 2011, 2141
Anyone coming to Portland can possibly stay with me.... I've got some room (and a back yard for a tent hahahah)

harlan
12 May 2011, 2306
Not going to make it this year Travis?

__Tango
13 May 2011, 0754
OK, change of plans for me. I'm not going to be able to make it to the raceway today, but i'll definitely be there tomorrow and sunday. If anyone is going and wants to try to get together tomorrow or sunday, PM me to trade phone numbers. and yes, i'm bringing my bike...i just hope i work out the last of the kinks today! :)

See y'all soon!

Richard230
13 May 2011, 0756
Here is the forecast for this weekend at Sears Point: Tomorrow should be cool and cloudy. Rain is predicted to move in overnight and it should be cold, windy and rainy during the early morning on Sunday. Later in the morning and during the afternoon, expect periods of showers and occasional thundershowers and small hail. The high temperature will stay in the 50's. The unsettled weather will continue all day and into the evening. It is not looking good for any races scheduled for the end of the day, as the weather might slow down the program and there could be a problem getting all of the scheduled races in before the end of the day. Let's hope for the best. Maybe the weather forecasters will be wrong again, but keep those umbrella girls handy anyway.

__Tango
13 May 2011, 0803
The schedule shows the TTXGP races are 11:25 - 11:55 (11 laps), and 4:30 - 5:00pm on sunday.

Yuck...rain. :-P

frodus
13 May 2011, 0807
Not going to make it this year Travis?
Unfortunately no. I want to but just can't swing it.

cycleguy
13 May 2011, 1020
Ok, it's 10am at the track, where are all the photo's of the new Lightning bike! I'm sure the wraps have been taken off by now.

teddillard
13 May 2011, 1210
http://evmc2.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011-05-13_10-32-28_249.jpg?w=640&h=480

More to come, check my site:
http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/first-peek-from-ttxgp-infineon/

Richard230
13 May 2011, 1537
Good news! Weather.com has backed off on the rain chances for Sunday and is now predicting only a 30% chance of showers that day. :)

Maybe the forecast will get even better when they look out the window on Sunday morning. :cool:

teddillard
13 May 2011, 1700
OOOOooooOOOoooo. Is that a MISSION I see?

HA!

http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/more-shots-from-ttxgp-infineon/

podolefsky
13 May 2011, 1725
Cool. Mission said they were going to make a showing, just not race. Now if we can get video of it actually moving under it's own power, that'll be something.

Stayin' positive...stayin' positive...

cycleguy
13 May 2011, 1949
Thanks for posting the photos Ted, it's much appreciated.

cycleguy
14 May 2011, 1000
Does anybody know if the Lightning bikes have arrived yet?

magicsmoke
14 May 2011, 1208
Does anybody know if the Lightning bikes have arrived yet?

I sure hope so ...

"With rain on the horizon, the AMA has rescheduled a few races at Infineon.
The TTXGP and the XR1200 series will be racing today, Saturday the 14th, instead of Sunday.
Both the XR1200 and the TTXGP had a practice session and a qualifying scheduled for today, but now there will be a qualifying and a race.
The TTXGP will race at 5 pm around the Infineon track."

http://www.allaboutbikes.com/motorcycle-sports/ama-racing/4837-updates-from-infineon-schedule-change-myers-out

http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=205

cycleguy
14 May 2011, 1249
Just heard from Harlan at the track. It looks like the Lightning bikes aren't quite finished yet and wont be racing this weekend. Damn!! I was looking forward to seeing the new bike, hopefully they'll release some photos before the next race.
Brammo EmpulseRR with Steve Atlas aboard is the front runner during qualifying, followed by the MotoElectra.

DaveAK
14 May 2011, 1249
Well that sucks for anyone planning just to go on Sunday!

Nuts & Volts
14 May 2011, 1304
Ah ****! With no race on sunday and only 4 bikes racing guess I just lost 30 bucks.

Richard230
14 May 2011, 1603
Here are a few random photos that I took at the track today. I decided that I didn't want to stick around until the end of the day to watch the TTXGP.

Richard230
14 May 2011, 1611
There was a very nice Honda VT250 el moto in the motorcycle parking lot. It looked like it had Thunder Sky batteries and a MiniBMS set-up, with everything enclosed in clear plastic cases. Also attached are a couple of photos of a Madass. You don't see these every day and I love the name. :D

frodus
14 May 2011, 2025
nice, who's VT250? does anyone know?

What is that Red bike with the SSSA, any more pics of it?

Nuts & Volts
14 May 2011, 2054
nice, who's VT250? does anyone know?

What is that Red bike with the SSSA, any more pics of it?

Notice the hub motor!? Thats gotta be tango's ride

DaveAK
14 May 2011, 2117
Notice the hub motor!? Thats gotta be tango's ride
That's what I was thinking, but his bike isn't a VT250. Not that I'd know what one looks like.

Nuts & Volts
14 May 2011, 2130
That's what I was thinking, but his bike isn't a VT250. Not that I'd know what one looks like.
Neither do I, but that is definitely the same frame Tango has.

On another note, anyone think I can get my ticket money back because the TTXGP race was moved? Im not that pissed, but I am annoyed that I bought a ticket for sunday to see the TTXGP races. Who can I complain too? :) I guess ill just think about it as donation to El Moto racing.

frodus
14 May 2011, 2151
its definately not a VTR after further looking at it, its a VF500, with a rare lower fairing.

__Tango
14 May 2011, 2310
its definately not a VTR after further looking at it, its a VF500, with a rare lower fairing.

Hee. Yeah, that's mine! It is (well was) an 85 VF500. I brought it up to show it off to some of the other elmoto folks. Skeez, Harlan, cleffjark, and a couple of others got to see it up close and personal. The fairing is a set of aftermarket fairings i got used from someone on VFRWorld.com. I think they're targa fairings.

Richard230, i was hoping to meet you. Bummer that our paths didn't cross (though, they probably did and we just didn't know it).

BTW, do you see what's on the left side of my gas tank from Richard's photos... ;-)

__Tango
14 May 2011, 2333
I just posted a couple of photos of my bike in my build thread here: http://www.elmoto.net/showthread.php?580-My-85-Honda-VF500F-Interceptor-conversion-Electriceptor&p=14591#post14591

I think you'll especially like the last photo. :)

__Tango
15 May 2011, 0129
Hey folks, I was able to get photo access to the race by taking photos for the TTXGP folks. Here's a couple of them:

http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-11_14_12-118-ttxgp-2011-saturday-1000.jpg?w=400 (http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-11_14_12-118-ttxgp-2011-saturday-1000.jpg)

http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-16_24_03-560-ttxgp-2011-saturday-1000.jpg?w=400 (http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-16_24_03-560-ttxgp-2011-saturday-1000.jpg)

http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-16_27_34-564-ttxgp-2011-saturday-1000.jpg?w=400 (http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-16_27_34-564-ttxgp-2011-saturday-1000.jpg)

http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-11_03_10-076-ttxgp-2011-saturday-1000.jpg?w=400 (http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-11_03_10-076-ttxgp-2011-saturday-1000.jpg)

SplinterOz
15 May 2011, 0136
Good shots.. love the action

teddillard
15 May 2011, 0255
Jensen did a good writeup with a few shots on A&R:
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/ttxgp-brammo-wins-infineon/

So the Lightnings are new bikes, the Banana is still around, but not being run. The Brammo won, but not with any record-breaking lap times... only 4 bikes ran. :(

teddillard
15 May 2011, 0400
The identity of Super Secret Squirrel is Revealed!

http://evmc2.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011-05-13_15-36-03_4661.jpg

Yep, it's Gene, aka Skeezmour, from the Manzanita Micro... Thanks for the great shots Gene!

Richard230
15 May 2011, 0729
When I was speaking with Craig Bramscher, I thought he said (my hearing is not all that great - no thanks to riding IC motorcycles for many years without earplugs) that their race bike made 390 hp. Is that likely? It sure seems like a lot. He mentioned that he was worried about the motor melting down during the race. I can believe that, as even though electric motors are very efficient, some percentage of that power goes into heat and any percentage of 390 hp could generate a lot of heat.

Attached is a photo that my son-in-law took of me at the track yesterday, just to prove that I was there. If I look cold it was because I was. Yesterday was not very balmy.

jpanichella
15 May 2011, 0757
No way. Electric motors that big wouldn't fit on a bike. Chip Yates bike puts out 250HP, 390 doesn't seem at all possible.

cycleguy
15 May 2011, 0819
that their race bike made 390 hp

Yes, you're right, your hearing isn't all that great, lol! Perhaps he meant 390 lb/ft of torque at the rear wheel? The EmpulseRR lapped slower than Shawn Higbee's dual Agni powered Zero bike that won last year's race. The conditions weren't nearly as food as last year, so I would say it's safe to assume the two bikes have similar power.

teddillard
15 May 2011, 1027
MotoElectra just posted on their FB page that they're getting ready to race today... :confused:

Gene surfaced. "Livin' the dream" was the report. :cool:

__Tango
15 May 2011, 1031
MotoElectra just posted on their FB page that they're getting ready to race today... :confused:

Crap! I hedged my bets and skipped the 1.5 hour drive today 'cuz i thought it was going to rain. Damn.

Nuts & Volts
15 May 2011, 1033
Crap! I hedged my bets and skipped the 1.5 hour drive today 'cuz i thought it was going to rain. Damn.

Same here. Still I'm only missing 4 bikes, so im not that dissappointed

harlan
15 May 2011, 1102
Same here. Still I'm only missing 4 bikes, so im not that dissappointed

Down to 3 bikes today. Ely took off already.

Still, no place I'd rather be today. :)

__Tango
15 May 2011, 1412
There was a very nice Honda VT250 el moto in the motorcycle parking lot. It looked like it had Thunder Sky batteries and a MiniBMS set-up, with everything enclosed in clear plastic cases.

Before someone gets on me about those, the plastic is actually polycarbonate (lexan), so should be stronger and tougher than straight old plastic. :)

frodus
15 May 2011, 1413
strong as hell too!

Richard230
15 May 2011, 1446
Before someone gets on me about those, the plastic is actually polycarbonate (lexan), so should be stronger and tougher than straight old plastic. :)

Well, I figured it wasn't Thundersky under glass. :D

One interesting thing happened as I walked past the el moto pit tents, I got buttonholed by a hottie pushing a two page survey asking about my interest in motorcycles and what type of features that I would like to see in new bikes. What was interesting was that a couple of the questions on the first page were about my interest in electric motorcycles and if I was considering buying one. Naturally, I did my part to skew the survey toward electrons and away from loud noises. For my efforts I was handed $2 - which was only about one-third of what you needed to buy a hot dog at the track. :O

frodus
15 May 2011, 1517
haha, sweet/

Nuts & Volts
15 May 2011, 1556
Down to 3 bikes today. Ely took off already.

Still, no place I'd rather be today. :)
If my family wasnt in town I would have to agree!

Warren
15 May 2011, 2144
Hoorah Moto Electra! Did they have the fairing back on for Sunday, or were they six seconds faster than last year on a bare bike?

__Tango
15 May 2011, 2208
I shoulda taken more pics of the elmoto folks...but at least i got some of Harlan and Gene with my bike. :)

http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-09_55_54-003-ttxgp-2011-saturday.jpg?w=400
(http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-09_55_54-003-ttxgp-2011-saturday.jpg)
http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-09_55_45-002-ttxgp-2011-saturday.jpg?w=400 (http://electriceptor.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2011_05_14-09_55_45-002-ttxgp-2011-saturday.jpg)

Thanks guys...lots of fun!

__Tango
15 May 2011, 2307
More photos...too many to post here, so i'll point you here...http://electriceptor.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/ttxgp-2011-infineon-raceway-photos/

Warren
16 May 2011, 0621
OK. Team Munch...

http://www.muenchmotorbikes.com/en/muench-tte-1.html

has two races under their belt this year, two more to go in GB and Belgium, before Leguna Seca.

I am betting they will eat all the Agni powered bikes with their high voltage AC rig. This will put them up against Moto Electra, and any of the temperamental diva bikes that show up. :-)

I can't wait.

markcycle
16 May 2011, 0657
More photos...too many to post here, so i'll point you here...http://electriceptor.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/ttxgp-2011-infineon-raceway-photos/

Best looking bike I've seen so far though I might put a tinted finish on the Lexan

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D336079_7080550_74598

Brammofan
16 May 2011, 0735

Some of the best pics I've seen so far of the race. Great job!

__Tango
16 May 2011, 1722
Best looking bike I've seen so far though I might put a tinted finish on the Lexan

Drat...didn't think of that. That would have been cool. :) I guess i could do it again, but it's not high on the priority list... :)

__Tango
16 May 2011, 1723
Some of the best pics I've seen so far of the race. Great job!

Thanks man!

Richard230
16 May 2011, 1754
The bike might be really unique with a clear fairing. Now that would be something to see! :cool:

Richard230
17 May 2011, 0836
Here is a very complementary article from Clutch and Chrome congratulating Brammo on wining the TTXGP last weekend (hey, don't those guys do Harleys?)::

http://www.clutchandchrome.com/news/news/brammo-goes-wammo-motorcycle-racing

podolefsky
17 May 2011, 0921
Awesome. After the Cycle World shenanigans (http://www.elmoto.net/showthread.php?1273-Podolefsky-in-Cycle-World-magazine), I think we should do all we can to reach out and support media that supports el motos.

electriKAT
17 May 2011, 0949
> “We're looking forward to the chance to pit the Empulse RR against the best efforts from
> the likes of Mission, Lightning, and Motoczysz when their bikes are ready," Wismann said.

"..when their bikes are ready", hehe, subtle jab. Love it!