PDA

View Full Version : Please. I beg of you. Stop me before I kill again. (VF500F redux?)

teddillard
18 June 2011, 1203
It's a sickness. No. Seriously.

Allen_okc
20 June 2011, 0544
OH Ted, i think of it as a re-birth of life...

__Tango
21 June 2011, 1924
Go Ted Go!

Though you can't have you're fairings or mirrors back ATM, i'm using them. :)

Allen_okc
22 June 2011, 0533
It's a sickness. No. Seriously.

NOOooooo Ted Stop, Save Yourself...

OK all fun aside - what are the specs, come on we need info, pics, diagrams, schematics, goal of completion, etc...

Whats the Plan Man?

teddillard
22 June 2011, 0613
NOOooooo Ted Stop, Save Yourself...

OK all fun aside - what are the specs, come on we need info, pics, diagrams, schematics, goal of completion, etc...

Whats the Plan Man?

HAHAHahaa! Okok.

The immediate plan is to complete the R5e first, and not sell off the VF500F for parts.

I'm thinking a very naked streetfighter/cafe (won't be needing those parts back, Tango), built for high-speed handling and performance. Not vintage. Blade Runner meets Terminator.

I'm using the NEMA-C motor mount, so I can bolt in the motor of choice. I'm leaning towards the new Motenergy that Ed's using. I have to think about the controller, but I'd like something that can handle over 90V this time around, and to tell the god's honest, I'm leaning towards a real battery/bms system like A123/Manzanita, if I can make the $ numbers work. I will not be picking the R5e, though, for parts this time. New motor, controller, maybe an interchangeable battery system with the R5e...

Ultra light weight. Top speed over 120mph. Don't care about range. Street legal.

At any rate, I'ma start building once the R5e is complete, maybe in the Fall. :cool:

Allen_okc
22 June 2011, 0638
man i hear you - ive been on my project for so long, that it feels endless... good news is it will be running next week...

teddillard
22 June 2011, 0719
good news is it will be running next week...

AWESOME! Congrats, good luck (and wear your hemmit!)

__Tango
22 June 2011, 0737
man i hear you - ive been on my project for so long, that it feels endless... good news is it will be running next week...

Nicely done! congrats!

Allen_okc
22 June 2011, 0747
Its only because of the projects you fellows do here that really helps newbies like myself get started...

Thank You Fellows, we appreciate you all...