PDA

View Full Version : Greatings from CRP Racing

CRP_socialmktg
21 July 2011, 0257
Hi everyone and gratz for this forum, a good place to expand our "electric passion" :)
My name is Gabriel, and I'm here as CRP Racing official Social Manager, but anyway you can find me on the web aka "gabbariele".
You may know CRP Racing (http://www.ecrp.eu), we are in the European TTXGP as well as in FIM ePower, so maybe I should focus more on myself.
I had a motorcycle, a "normal" one, but I had to sell it, coz my (brand new) wife could not have enough space for her shopping, when we were on a trip with it, instead with a car. That's true, sadly.
Black Pearl was the name I gave to my Yamaha FZ6 Fazer (2005), black in color of course, but mostly "free" as the Captain Jack Sparrow's ship!
Thanks!

http://www.eCRP.eu
@eCRP_EV
@NextGenSBK
@CRPracing

Allen_okc
21 July 2011, 0541
welcome to the forum Gabriel - i think everyone here still hasnt had their coffee yet... im awake and kicking here in oklahoma...

ZoomSmith
21 July 2011, 0807
Gabriel,
Welcome to elmoto. Shame about the FZ6 - you may need to get a different wife.
Have you ridden any of the CRP electric bikes?
--ZS

CRP_socialmktg
21 July 2011, 0830
Gabriel,
Welcome to elmoto. Shame about the FZ6 - you may need to get a different wife.
Have you ridden any of the CRP electric bikes?
--ZS

Sadly not yet, coz I'm here just since 1 month, anyway I got the driver licence so... :)
Few days ago I went to the racing team garage and my first word were "how cool!". In that building CRP makes also Reverse engineering and Rapid Prototiping, because the CRP Group is bigger than just CRP Racing, and the core business is about making special components for the F1.

I spent with Giampiero (you'll find him at Laguna Seca as well) more than an hour and he told me a lot about the eCRP 1.4 (one was there, and 2 already sent to the US)!
I also saw the concept of the NextGen Superbike, that will be unveiled at Eicma, this november... It remembered me Tron Legacy... but I shouldn't say more about this!

@Allen_okc: hi from Italy :) now here it's 17:28 :P
@ZoomSmith: no way I'm changing wife, you should see her :P

Allen_okc
21 July 2011, 1038
then tron bike is cool - i would ride it with pride...

jazclrint
21 July 2011, 1059
Welcome Gabriel!

Maybe you need the new VFR1200F with hard luggage, or a trailer. :D

I went to the Nextgen Superbike site and filled out the info. I have to say, I was a bit confused by what you guys meant by apps. I have never heard that term applied to a motorcycle before. I was also confused by what the differences between app and options were. I did my best though.

As you work for a racing team that is getting into manufacturing I thought I should offer some of my opinions on this forum. I would say that most of the folks here are interested more in the building of bikes, and come more from an engineering or sceintific background. At first there seemed to be few people who actually rode motorcycles, and even less into racing. However, over the past year or more, the racing talk seems to have generated more discussion, and even sucked in those who never had an interest in racing. There are a few of the teams from the TTXGP on here, but mostly American teams, and some component retailers. So I guess be prepared for some biased fanboy talk (yours truely) for fun, as well as serious compenetry and electrical theory discussions.

For example, there seems to be a few of us that feel that AC liquid cooled motors are the future and that DC motors seemed to have already on their way out of fashion. However, CRP runs DC motors. Will CRP continue along the DC motor path, or are you folks looking at AC motors as well?

Thank you,

Rich

CRP_socialmktg
28 July 2011, 0100
Thank you all for your replies!

I went to the Nextgen Superbike site and filled out the info. I have to say, I was a bit confused by what you guys meant by apps. I have never heard that term applied to a motorcycle before. I was also confused by what the differences between app and options were. I did my best though.
Ok we'll try to change that part of the form, thanks. Apps are smartphone applications; the NextGen SBK will have an integrated GPS and a USB port so you can download you trip data and so on. So we would like to know what kind of App you think we could make for you; for example ad App that could find your motorbike, if you don't remember where you've parked it :)
Options are just like car options: Automatic Air Conditioning, Black Mirrors, Cruise Control, Automatic Shift (yes, that's an option in Italy). So you could suggest a special kind of silencer, or whatever (sorry but my english terminology on this topic is very poor...)

I'm going to meet Giampiero Testoni, CRP Racing crew chief, so I'll refer him your technical question!

CRP_socialmktg
03 August 2011, 0237
Are you guys ready for Assen?
TTXGP Assen: http://fb.me/OaTH1zNe

Allen_okc
03 August 2011, 0840
will this be televised so we can watch - if not can anyone there video it for us to see?