PDA

View Full Version : EV drag racing in Tucson

moparren
06 April 2012, 1601
Just found out about this event in Tucson and of course I am out of town... :mad:

http://springthaw.bookmans.com/

EVcycle
06 April 2012, 2200
The NEDRA is all a "buzz" about it. It is the who,s-who of all the EV drag racers.

I hope they get some great weather !

dice23
07 April 2012, 0723
damn you...lol... i'm driving over 2,400 miles and if the weather keeps me from seting a new A/2 record i will scream bloody murder! warm and dry! i'm going to set the bar for the ELMOTO world!

Allen_okc
09 April 2012, 0534
drop by okc dice, if you get a chance... im three miles from the I-40 freeway...

dice23
09 April 2012, 0917
hey allen, would love to stop in,really was tring to figure a way to see randy/kawashocki but the bikes are all apart right now and it is going to be crazy at the last minute **** again trying to finish then drive like hell out to arizona. my best calculations put us going by you somewhere in the midlle of the night friday...lol!

Allen_okc
09 April 2012, 1313
:cool: OK Dice, but if you see this long haired indian "Chickasaw" hitch hiking on I-40 with his thumb out and a cardboard sign that says "PREDATOR ROCKS", you would probably be better off running him over...

:rolleyes: Friday Nights Good for me...

moparren
09 April 2012, 1555
damn you...lol... i'm driving over 2,400 miles and if the weather keeps me from seting a new A/2 record i will scream bloody murder! warm and dry! i'm going to set the bar for the ELMOTO world!

Should be in the high 80's low 90's this weekend, i haven't seen anything forcasted. I'm looking at clear bule sky right now and am only about 15 miles from SIR.

Allen_okc
10 April 2012, 0456
Oklahoma - Saturday and Sunday, stormy weather, Friday and Saturday is claimed to be the worst, with tornado's...

dice23
10 April 2012, 0534
thats not helping...lol

Allen_okc
10 April 2012, 0718
sorry bro - here is a link to our weather tracker...

http://www.news9.com/weather

EVcycle
10 April 2012, 1530
Earthquake? Locus? Lost political campaigners?

moparren
11 April 2012, 1407
Earthquake? Don't have em' in Tucson. Calichi soil is too hard.

Locus? Nope. Scorpions ate em all.

Lost political campaigners? We do our best to send em back to Phoenix

Sorry to say they are forcasting rain on Saturday. This mornings paper said 20% chance. The really bad part of the forcast is wind. There is nothing out there to stop it, so make sure you tie your stuff down good and don't bother with the easy-up. Southern Arizona winds eat those things for breakfast.

Allen_okc
12 April 2012, 0521
:cool: This is your Hippy Dippy Weather Man from the big city of OKC...

Fridays forecast - severe storms through out central oklahoma, not showing any tornado activity, just wind and rain - which you should be able to plow through just fine...

Saturday forecast - very severe storms with a chance of tornado's - if you drive through friday night you should be just ahead of the worst of the storms...

Just remember this - its not that the wind is blowing, its what the wind is blowing - so if you get hit by a volvo, it doesnt matter how many sit-ups you did that day...

:cool: This is your Hippy Dippy Weather Man signing off - Good Day...

Allen_okc
13 April 2012, 1340
in case you read this Dice - its 3:37pm here and the storms have just got started - its bad, but tomorrow extremely severe tornado warnings... ive never seen them be so alarming as they are for this storm...

so please be careful shawn and jeff - your biggest fear should be lightning, not tornados...

Good Luck at the races tomorrow!!!