PDA

View Full Version : Empulse specifications have arrived

Richard230
18 April 2012, 0808
Brammo has finally announced the specifications for the production Empulse. See them here:

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/brammo-reveals-new-details-for-empulse-and-empulse-r-electric-sport-bikes-147904985.html

Coninsan
18 April 2012, 0829
Can not wait!
I'm hoping that the time Brammo has spent developing this thing will be justified.

Warren
18 April 2012, 0952
So, the Empulse is 100 pounds heavier than the Zero S. The extra 1.4 nominal kWh of battery, and BMS accounts for 25 pounds of that. Motor cooling jacket, radiator, and gearbox add 75 pounds?

Combined range of Zero S is almost exactly 85% of the Empulse. Just what you would expect from 85% pack size. Sounds like the main advantage of the gearbox may be jackrabbit starts. No advantage for a commuter. :-(

Richard230
18 April 2012, 1009
That is the way I see it too. I really wonder what all this technology and premium chassis parts are going to cost.

electriKAT
18 April 2012, 1030
So, the Empulse is 100 pounds heavier than the Zero S. The extra 1.4 nominal kWh of battery, and BMS accounts for 25 pounds of that. Motor cooling jacket, radiator, and gearbox add 75 pounds?

Combined range of Zero S is almost exactly 85% of the Empulse. Just what you would expect from 85% pack size. Sounds like the main advantage of the gearbox may be jackrabbit starts. No advantage for a commuter. :-(

Jackrabbit starts and more top end, right? The Zero can't do 100+ mph, can it? But I agree, no real advantage to any law abiding citizen :D

Coninsan
18 April 2012, 1033
Where did you find the weight of the BMS? :)

100 lbs for the extra 1.4 kwh, gearbox and cooling system seems fair. The added weight should even make the Empulse feel more like a traditional bike compared to the Zero S, 84 cm seat height and 155 curb weight seems precarious.
The gearbox should also make the bike appeal to a broader audiance, most seem highly reluctant to give up the gears, at least the ones I've asked..