PDA

View Full Version : Advice on where to buy prismatic batteries

bugeyebug
24 May 2012, 1528
I'm getting close to the point of selecting and purchasing batteries. I'm leaning toward 60Ah GBS batteries. I'll need 24 of them to make 76.8 volts nominal.

What places have any of you purchased similar batteries from? Any places to avoid? I'll probably want to buy the charger and BMS at the same time.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Batteries are clearly the biggest expense I face on the conversion, and I want to get it right the first time.

Cheers, Mark

frodus
24 May 2012, 1551
Where are you located again?
There's a guy locally that has stock of 40/60/100Ah CALB cells, but I think it's local pickup only. Lots of issues with shipping cells unless that is your business.

Email me again about the GBS cells and we can work something out. Just had a pack delivered to a guy in California.

billmi
24 May 2012, 1817
It took several months for my CALB cells to arrive from China, but the week they arrived, CALB opened a distribution center in Pomona, CA, and as I understand it orders placed there take days, not months to arrive at US destinations.

Skahle
24 May 2012, 2200
I bought a set of 24 70aH CALBs from Manzanita Micro that arrived a month ago and delivery was under 3 weeks. The 70's were new for them so other sizes might be faster. They had a good price and good service, second shipping to me or allowing me to pickup.

DRZ400
25 May 2012, 1220
I bought CALBS direct from their west coast office....delivery was 5 days with saftey of CC purchase. All cells 100% with very nice packing.