PDA

View Full Version : Moto-Electra in Rider magazine

Richard230
07 June 2012, 1300
I finally got around to reading my July issue of Rider magazine. Rider is a general-interest motorcycling magazine that is offered for sale at most newsstands. My recollection is that Moto-Electra has been discussed here before but Rider has written a full three-page article (starting on page 20) about their effort to design, build and race their electric motorcycle between early 2009 and September 2011, when they finished second in the TTXGP race series at Miller Motorsports Park. After that race they lost their sponsors and are no longer racing. However, they have displayed their bike at the International Motorcycle Show in Washington, D.C. in January and at Wofford College in Spartanburg, S.C. this year.

Brian Richardson, the developer and builder of the Moto-Electra, says that "This is the golden age for electric vehicle racing and development." Richardson's next goal is to "establish a coast-to-coast race, to work on range issues and reliability. The goal is to cross the United States on our electric bike in under four days. This will challenge engineers to beat our mark and advance the technology". As for production: "We need to find a partner to take us to the next level."

The story finished up with: Looking back on three years of racing, Richardson says: "Moto-Electra finished 2011 ranked second in North America for the TTZGP season. The best part was my friendship with (his rider) Thad Wolf".