PDA

View Full Version : Riding impressions of the mission R

Brutus
03 August 2012, 2049
Today Gene and I had the privilege of taking the Mission R out around the streets of San Francisco! All I can say is OMFG! After a few minutes of riding I got completely used to not shifting and just thoroughly enjoyed the ride. My only wishes are I remembered to turn on my helmet cam and there was less traffic on the road. This was definitely the highlight to all our meetings this week in the bay area with all the different EV suppliers.347734783479

jonescg
04 August 2012, 0114
Lucky bugger! So, what's it like? Goes like a rocket and tips in with ease?

ARC EV Racing
04 August 2012, 0143
Out looks beautiful! Are they going into production?

Skeezmour
04 August 2012, 0709
Getting to ride the bike that still holds the electric lap record at Laguna was amazing. What is neat is it has even been upgraded in power since then. Bike was effortless to go fast. I had top speed honors ( and never used more than 3/4 throttle) while Chris tapped something like 105kw for a little blast of acceleration.

As far as building the bike with this tech why do you think we were there :)

More to come.

As for reading a well written review of how the bike rides check out Jenson's blog post http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reviews/mission-motors-mission-r-review/

Nuts & Volts
04 August 2012, 0728
As far as building the bike with this tech why do you think we were there :)

More to come.

Interesting...looking forward to learning more!

Kane
04 August 2012, 1306
Probably not many people know about this:
Mission Motors - Mission R Quarter Mile Record Run - 10.492 seconds at 124.51 mph
http://vimeo.com/45811164

momomark
23 August 2012, 2123
They're not going to be building them. They just built a few motorcycles to test out the technology and tweak it to perfection. They have the technology available for any startups or new motorcycle companies that want to make the next amazing electric motorcycle. They mention this in the video that Jay did where he test drove one of their bikes.

dice23
24 August 2012, 0627
any idea if this is the bike that ran a 10.6 something? i think it was a A/3 NEDRA record.

Skeezmour
24 August 2012, 0701
They only have 1 so yes it is the same bike :)

Dicey
24 August 2012, 0731
There are at least two Mission R bikes. Both were present at EVS26. The bike with the ace fairing was on the show floor and the street bike was out front being ridden.

Brutus
24 August 2012, 0757
There are at least two Mission R bikes. Both were present at EVS26. The bike with the ace fairing was on the show floor and the street bike was out front being ridden.

They have two full chassis, one runs and the other doesn't. The static one sits in their lobby on display along with some drivetrain components.