PDA

View Full Version : And So it Begins...

furyphoto
28 October 2012, 2253
Hi all,

I am Andrew, and I am from Squamish BC, Canada. About half way between Vancouver, and the Ski resort of Whistler.

I stuck my nose in here a bit last year, and now I am back. But this time, I've already stepped over the threshold.

BEHOLD - The Donor! A CL score for $100! 1987 CBR600F

Freshly rolled out of the truck bed:

Most of the stuff I don't need is already missing :cool:

1 Hour later:

I will start a build thread, where I will post my many, many questions. I expect this to be a long term project, I have a lot going on right now, so spare time and cash are not abundant, but I am happy to slowly plug away at it until it's ready.

Just wanted to say hi for now..

Cheers,
Andrew

gijoe460
28 October 2012, 2257
There is air in the tires....Looks like a steal for a hundred bones!
Did you tell the guy what you were gonna do to it?

Welcome again.

furyphoto
28 October 2012, 2309
There is air in the tires....Looks like a steal for a hundred bones!
Did you tell the guy what you were gonna do to it?

Welcome again.

There was no air in them when it went into the truck! But considering there are no brakes right now, and I had to unload it myself, I filled them up and took it for a little ride down the ramp! Back one is slowly going down, but the rubber is bald anyway, so tires and valve stems are on the list.

Guy I bought it from was excited for me, wants me to keep him updated. This El Moto thing is likely contagious.

Skeezmour
28 October 2012, 2317
Guy I bought it from was excited for me, wants me to keep him updated. This El Moto thing is likely contagious.

HA! your telling us :)

Good luck with your project. Great info around here as well as a great group of EV enthusiasts in Vancover, BC. http://www.veva.bc.ca/home/index.php

1320freek
29 October 2012, 0346
Welcome!
Enjoy the project!
Looks like a great donor.

EVcycle
29 October 2012, 0542
Cool project. Please keep us posted!

Allen_okc
29 October 2012, 0658
:cool: Welcome to Elmoto, i just love watching another IC birthing a EV...