PDA

View Full Version : Student-built E-Quickie electric vehicle draws energy wirelessly from the road

billmi
14 September 2010, 0955
Over the last couple of years there have been a number of wireless chargers hitting the market, such as the Powermat and the WildCharge. These are designed to keep mobile devices charged and ready without dealing with the hassle of cords and connections. The technology has also been proposed as a way to recharge vehicles while they are parked without having to plug them in, while some companies are looking at charging cars while they are moving from electrical conductors embedded in the road. Now, a group of students in Germany has taken that idea and run with it by building an electric vehicle called the E-Quickie that runs on wireless power transmission.

http://www.gizmag.com/e-quickie-electric-vehicle-with-wireless-energy-transmission/16346/

ZoomSmith
14 September 2010, 1048
Super cool.
I'd better start digging the power cable trench from my house to work ASAP. Wonder if I will need a permit.

EVcycle
14 September 2010, 1409
MMMMMmmmmmm!!!!
He is at it again!!!!!!!

Ed Hides!

electrician
14 September 2010, 1641
Now that's a solution to the charging problem!
Nuclear Power and induction roads - the middle easterners can keep their oil.

jpanichella
14 September 2010, 1815
Now that's a solution to the charging problem!
Nuclear Power and induction roads - the middle easterners can keep their oil.

Haha, I agree. That's going to be hard for all the oil companies to digest though. :rolleyes:

ZoomSmith
14 September 2010, 2032
Haha, I agree. That's going to be hard for all the oil companies to digest though.

Let 'em get heartburn over it.