PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back (also)

racermike39
16 September 2010, 0805
Hello again everyone.

I haven't been on in quite some time. I didn't realize the ElMoto site had to be a complete do-over. So I just got around to creating a profile.

Been a wild summer.

I took my EM apart in late July and My dad became sick and died unexpectedly. So that has really rocked my family and we obviously had to shift priorities.

I didn't get back to the bike until late last week, and I just finished re-vamping it. I bought new Deka 55Ah high rate discharge series batteries back in July, and I just got the bike running last night.

I had to redo all the battery boxes and wiring, so it took a while. I chose to give the bike frame a complete fluff and buff. So she looks pretty again. New front fork seals and a new front tire are done also.

First off, the new configuration is great! (I had no business having 350 lbs of 75Ah batteries in this frame) The bike handles and drives SOOOO much better. It feels light and nimble and has WAY better balance. It feels just like a CBR should.

I rode it to work today as a shake down run before I leave for the Kempton PA Energy Festival TONIGHT.

I have no data yet on range etc.

I will give an update after the energy festival.

jpanichella
16 September 2010, 0842
welcome back!

sorry to hear about your dad. I had a similar thing happen to me this year. My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and only made it 3 months. It does take awhile to get back on your feet again. My best to you and your family.

And also, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE BIKE?! I wanna see.

racermike39
16 September 2010, 0902
Thanks John. Pancreatic cancer is a tough deal. I had 3 friends die this year alone from that. Sorry you had to go through that with your dad.

I won't have time to play with posting pictures until next week. Sorry.

jpanichella
16 September 2010, 0906
Thanks for the kind words Mike. And no worries on the pictures, I just like having new bikes to drool over.

EVcycle
16 September 2010, 0932
Mike !!!!!!

Sorry hear about losing you dad...but glad to see you are back!

EV Ed (Juiced?)

electriKAT
16 September 2010, 0932
Hey Mike

I too am sorry to hear about your father. Unfortunately, death is a part of life.

Just curious, do you know how much your bike weighs now after visiting Jenny Craig?

teddillard
16 September 2010, 0936
Sorry to hear it, man. My mother, too, just passed away- the service is tomorrow. It's not been an easy last few weeks.

How is it that we're all so old? In the words of a old High School friend- life was a lot more fun when the grownups had to run everything... ;)

jpanichella
16 September 2010, 1017
How is it that we're all so old? In the words of a old High School friend- life was a lot more fun when the grownups had to run everything... ;)

Hahahaha, speak for yourself Ted. I'm supposedly "in my prime" (21 years old). But I'm not much into the partying and such, I'd rather wrench on my bike.

Sorry to hear about your mom, my condolences to you and your family.

racermike39
16 September 2010, 1023
Thanks all.

electricat:

Yep:
James 4:13-14
13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

I'm thinking the bike weighs about 480?

Teddillard:
Sorry to hear about mom. I pray for peace and comfort to your family. I know when we were gathered for my dad's services, it was good to be around caring friends. It was good medicine for a bad wound. I pray it will be the same for you and your family.
As far as the old thing.... notice my avitar? But last night on the maiden voyage I stopped and did a burnout in front of my friends race car shop. :) Never too old for a silent smokey burnout!