PDA

View Full Version : Epic Torq Roadster photos

Richard230
18 May 2013, 1519
Today I entered my Zero in the local high school auto show. While my bike didn't generate much interest, the Epic Torq Roadster that was on display seemed to be more of an attraction - although nothing like the guy with a bunch of old bikes parked next to me. Attached are photos that I took of the Torq Roadster, which the owner claimed was the first production vehicle made by the company. His friend said that he got the car yesterday and decided to show it off today. I was told that the car sells for $90,000 and is powered by a forced-air cooled motor and A123-type batteries (I forgot to ask about the size of the pack, but the battery boxes are mounted along the center-line of the car and go from the front end of the car to the rear end). The car is front-wheel drive, sort of like a Morgan.

Richard230
18 May 2013, 1523
Here are some more photos, along with a photo of my bike sitting next to the major show attraction.

DavidV
18 May 2013, 2126
Today I entered my Zero in the local high school auto show. While my bike didn't generate much interest, the Epic Torq Roadster that was on display seemed to be more of an attraction - although nothing like the guy with a bunch of old bikes parked next to me. Attached are photos that I took of the Torq Roadster, which the owner claimed was the first production vehicle made by the company. His friend said that he got the car yesterday and decided to show it off today. I was told that the car sells for $90,000 and is powered by a forced-air cooled motor and A123-type batteries (I forgot to ask about the size of the pack, but the battery boxes are mounted along the center-line of the car and go from the front end of the car to the rear end). The car is front-wheel drive, sort of like a Morgan.

Nice meeting you there. First time at the event, and only third time ever driving the car. I have a blog about it at: http://boostedgroup.wordpress.com

The official page can be found at torqev.com

-- DavidV :D