PDA

View Full Version : Official release for Brutus Motorcycles Pikes Peak 2014

Skeezmour
31 January 2014, 2157
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Bell Custom Cycles/Brutus Electric Motorcycles to enter 92nd running of Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Colorado Springs, CO
Ridden by Jeremiah Johnson from Team Be-Ev.Com Racing.
Henderson, NV January 31, 2014 - Colorado Springs, CO Pikes Peak International Hill Climb June 29, 2014. Brutus Electric Motorcycles and Team Be-Ev.Com Racing will unveil the V2 Rocket electric race bike to the racing world with the goal of showcasing a platform perfect for motorcycle racers who are looking to enter electric motorcycle racing.
Brutus Electric Motorcycles is building on a tradition of making a great motorcycle for the riders who want something different that also lends itself to personalization. The V2 Rocket will come as either race-prepped or as a street-legal variant.
Jeremiah Johnson is returning to the mountain on an electric motorcycle to continue the push of new technology. Having seen the shattering of the electric record last year and the overall motorcycle time for 2013 being taken by an electric, he is that much more motivated to raise the bar. Not much says fun like the pure rush of torque from an electric motor that isn't affected by the altitude changes.
Bell Custom Cycles/Brutus Electric Motorcycles: Founder/CEO Chris Bell Henderson, NV (702) 419-8094 chris@bellcustomcycles.com Founder/CTO Gene Seymour Tacoma, WA (206) 290-8325 gene@bellcustomcycles.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrutusMotorcycle Web: http://brutusmotorcycle.com (http://brutusmotorcycle.com/) Twitter: https://twitter.com/brutusecycle
Bell Custom Cycles (BCC) is a family-owned business formed through our love for motorcycles and a common bond all riders share. Early in 2010 Chris started building and fabricating the original Brutus motorcycle after 2 years of development. It was unveiled late in February 2011. The BCC family has expanded and our ties to the motorcycle community have grown strong. Our team has forged bonds that enable us to stay current with the motorcycle industry, both electric and ICE (Internal Combustion Engine), as well as provide fresh, innovative, and award-winning designs year after year. Our motorcycles are hand made in America, and we carefully select as many American suppliers as possible to insure quality and consistency. We have worked hard to build the Brutus Electric Motorcycle brand and proudly stand behind our entire product line and the products we use. We believe in conservation, recycling, and independence, values that are incorporated into every motorcycle we design and build. Our main goal is to provide an attractive product line as an alternative to the mainstream options now available.

Our Feelings
I am really stoked to get the opportunity to race the Brutus Electrics V2 Rocket for the 2014 race season. I have talked to the team behind the bike many times and their goals are really in tune with their creations. I recently got the opportunity to spend time at their shop in Las Vegas and saw the progress of the V2 Rocket firsthand. The Brutus team really listens to my feedback on the bike’s design, making them a great company to work with. I can see the potential of this bike and I can’t wait to get it on the track. We have a lot of different racing planned for this year and the V2 Rocket is going to be an exciting bike to race. Team Be-Ev.Com has done a lot of work through the years to bring the modern idea of electric vehicles to as many people as possible. I know that working the V2 Rocket into our race program will allow us to showcase the potential of electric vehicles being designed by private innovators. This is going to be a fun year.
Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah’s input on the V2 Rocket project has not only made it a better machine, it has allowed Bell Custom Cycles to expand its line to include racing electric motorcycles. From our initial conversation I knew I had to have Jeremiah pilot the V2 for its first appearance and the many more to come. With Jeremiah’s breadth of racing experience and Team Be-Ev.Com behind him, I am confident together we will have quite a good showing for 2014.
Chris Bell
CEO Brutus Electric Motorcycles

The first time I met Jeremiah and it felt like a reunion with a long-lost brother! At Bell Custom Cycles we are one big family. Jeremiah is a great fit to our family and for the message we are all try to bring to the public with our one-of-a-kind motorcycles. His knowledge and experience are a great asset to Bell Custom Cycles, Brutus Electric Motorcycles, and the V2 Rocket. I am very pleased he will be racing our V2 over the next year and that we will be working together with him and Team Be-Ev.Com.
Sophon Johnson
Vice President Brutus Electric Motorcycles

When we started designing our V2 Rocket, I knew instantly who had to race it: Jeremiah. I knew Bell Custom Cycles, Brutus Electric Motorcycles wanted someone with Jeremiah’s passion, skill, and knowledge to ride our introduction into the world motorcycle racing scene. As a technical racing advisor, Jeremiah has helped guide our design and develop the V2 Rocket into what it is today: a flexible platform for racing or street riding that will deliver reliable and exciting performance. I'm looking forward to seeing where 2014 brings the partnership of Brutus Electric Motorcycles and Jeremiah Johnson with Team Be-Ev.com.
Gene Seymour
CTO Brutus Electric Motorcycles.

END

Skeezmour
31 January 2014, 2159

Brutus
01 February 2014, 0958
Here is one of the first renderings we are working on for the wrap that will go on the bike and a couple pics of the new lid we got Jeremiah to keep with the theme of the bike.

podolefsky
01 February 2014, 1203
Nice! I am really excited about this. Life stuff permitting, I'll be at PP this year. Just to watch, not racing.

dbsuperbiker
01 February 2014, 1451
Go Jay!!

robo
01 February 2014, 1756
Very cool! I also hope to head down to PP. Very much looking forward to seeing the results of your hard work.

frodus
01 February 2014, 2153
Dude. This is awesome! Can't wait to see it.

Brutus
06 March 2014, 0848
The list of competitors is out for PP and it seems like a pretty small field for the electric motorcycles this year. PP said they can add more to the field at their discretion but 3 bikes for 2014 is a lot less than I was hoping for.
Here is the list for anyone who is interested.
http://www.ppihc.com/wp-content/uploads/Competitor-List.pdf

protomech
08 March 2014, 0751
I see a Honda Production on the cars list? Wonder if this is a Fit EV or something else.

I plan to be at Pikes Peak this year.

Skeezmour
09 March 2014, 2336
I got a beer for you if I see you there:)

Brutus
23 April 2014, 1906
As I start the final build for the V2 the parts we used are making a huge impact on the finished product. That said I want to give a big shout out and thanks to the guys at EV West for the super clean rpm sensor we are using. If you need something from them buy with confidence because their stuff is all top notch.5719

yankee1919
24 April 2014, 0828
Awesome! Can't wait to see the bike perform.:o