PDA

View Full Version : [EU] Vectrix for sale in Ireland 500

marcexec
11 July 2014, 1342
Guys,

found something that I had to share (not my ad, haven't seen the bike):
http://www.adverts.ie/car/other-motorbikes/other-motorbikes/2008-other-motorbikes-other-motorbikes-for-sale/5838414

The guy is willing to accept 500 :O
I hope it gets into good hands.

Spoonman
12 July 2014, 0549
Nice one Marc - gonna go ahead and have a look into that right now.

Spoonman
12 July 2014, 1324
So I gave the lad a bell about it - it needs a battery refit and a wee bit of research reveals that Leaf cells are the way to go in that regard, up to 19 of them it seems, which is pretty awesome.

There are some issues surrounding the configuration of the charger though - seems there some sort of Ah limit to a charge - some redimentary form of pack protection owing to the absense of any sort of onboard BMS. I haven't managed to confirm whether or not it this can be circumvented, or what the specific fuel gauge repurcussions are (although it would appear that there is some issue in that regard as well).

So I'm looking towards it, but apparently I'm not the only one - seems he had another fella on to him through adverts just after myself, so I've told him to let it go if he has someone willing to simply rock on up and take it from him on Monday. Will be curious to find out who it is that grabs it if it goes though - would have to be either tied in here, or into the EV owners group so there every likelyhood that I know them.

petermfaulkner
16 July 2014, 0412
Hi

I bought it yesterday!! Have posted on the Victrix /Leaf thread on Visforvoltage site but all advice welcome.

Thanks

Peter

marcexec
16 July 2014, 0757
Hi

I bought it yesterday!! Have posted on the Victrix /Leaf thread on Visforvoltage site but all advice welcome.

Thanks

Peter
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum!
I guess Spoonman's loss is your gain then :)
Can you point us to the thread?

Spoonman
17 July 2014, 0427
It's fecked Peter - but don't worry about it, I'll take it off your hands for a good price.

... :P

nah - as mentioned on the other thread I'll be happy to help out with the refit if you need a hand, it was always more about the conversion project than the practicalities for me anyway (although that's not the story I gave the wife. :P ). You'll have a great bit of craic with it I expect.