PDA

View Full Version : This is why...

moparren
28 September 2010, 0945
...we wear our safety gear boys and girls! Thanks to a car stopping in front of me I did a rag doll down the street yesterday. I walked away with a wrenched sholder. Put that stuff on and dress for the crash, not the ride.

billmi
28 September 2010, 1031
Good thing you had the gear on!

Glad to hear you were able to walk away from it. When I dropped my bike in March, my wife asked if it wasn't just an excuse to get the new helmet I'd been eying. I don't think it was, but I really like the new helmet :-)

moparren
28 September 2010, 1426
Ya, that was my new helmet, got it about 3 months ago to replace my old one. I'm heading down to the mo'sicle store as soon as I can for another one just like it! Two hard bounces on the street and not even a headache. I'm also willing to bet that the pads in my jacket are the reason my sholder is just sprained and not broken.

Good thing you had the gear on!

Glad to hear you were able to walk away from it. When I dropped my bike in March, my wife asked if it wasn't just an excuse to get the new helmet I'd been eying. I don't think it was, but I really like the new helmet :-)

racermike39
28 September 2010, 1758
Glad you are ok! Sorry that you got wrecked. Thank God you wear the safety equipment and thanks for encouraging others to wear it!

EVcycle
28 September 2010, 1812
OUCH.

Glad it worked out OK, for the most part.

No bowling for a few weeks???

Ed

harlan
28 September 2010, 2044
Glad to hear you were fully geared up. Hate to take advantage of another's misfortune but, on a related note Hollywood Electrics just became a Bell Helmets Dealer and we just received our first shipment of helmets today. They are well made, good looking, and affordable. I wanted to extend an ElMoto.net discount to all members. 10% off and free shipping to the Lower 48. Note that lead times may vary depending on our inventory, its difficult to have everything in stock but we can usually ship them out within 10 business days of your order.

Bell Power Sports (http://www.bellpowersports.com/main.html)

moparren
29 September 2010, 1735
Nope. no bowling, but I am already back at work.:( I started working on the bike this morning to get it back on the street. I just looked up the price for a new tank on bike bandit...:eek: (still working on converting an electric bike) I'm thinking I may give my helmet to some health teacher friends to show to knowitall teenagers.

No worries Harlan, that's a cool offer! If I didn't have a good local shop to support I'd give you a call.