PDA

View Full Version : Well, guys, pleasure to meet you, but...

eronsilva
11 October 2010, 0941
This is my sad goodbye:(
I have just found out inequivocally that Israel's law prohibits any modification of the original characteristics of a vehicle - any vehicle. A modded electric bike will never achieve a "street legal" status. I would have to establish an industry for that... :eek:
So, dear friends, enjoy living in the home of the free and the land of the brave (envy, envy, what an ugly feeling...:p)

cycleguy
11 October 2010, 0947
That's pretty sad. So what are the consequences of modifying your bike anyway and not telling anyone?
It's hard to believe that they have a vehicle modification police that goes around checking for this.

electrician
11 October 2010, 1001
How about just buying an electric motorcycle from the USA?

eronsilva
11 October 2010, 1213
That's pretty sad. So what are the consequences of modifying your bike anyway and not telling anyone?
It's hard to believe that they have a vehicle modification police that goes around checking for this.
If you are stopped by the police and they figure you out, your vehicle is impounded (don't know if you also have to pay the judge a visit, but just losing the ebike would be sad enough for me...)
There are e-scooters for sale here but, really, I have already asked my friends to shoot me if they see me riding a pussy-bike. No way, jose!
@electrician: my resources are limited (moved in from Brazil just 2 years ago). When you modd, you can buy the frame this month, the motor in the next, the pack later... It's like that joke 'bout the lawyer which appealed his client's sentence, just to end up getting him an even longer time in the shade. He goes to the unfortunate defendant and says "come on, sheer up! It is not like tweeeeeenty years!!! It is one day, then one day, then another day...
I mean, for me it is heavy to pay the thousands of dollars one such off-the-shelf bike costs, plus freight, etc., all at once. No can do, period.
Anyway... Thanks guys, I've learned a lot here, it has really been a pleasure!
If anyone of you come visit, PM me - I am close to Tel Aviv, 10 minutes from the blue Mediterranean, and my house is large!
Tarmac Riders forever! :)

Skeezmour
11 October 2010, 1235
I have been to Tel Aviv and it is BEAUTIFUL! Wish I could hop on over and have a vist but all my funds are going to build my ev's. :)

EVcycle
11 October 2010, 1325
I have also been to Tel Aviv and Haifa and agree on the country's beauty. (Everybody carries a gun though!!! :) )

I did not give a squat about this country until I went into the service and visited overseas. It will make you
appreciate where you are from!!!

Hope things change there...or come over here and build one anyway. :cool:

USN Ed

electrician
11 October 2010, 1332
@ eronsilva - Hey, I have an idea. Why not have Electric Motorsport build one for you. If you tell them your situation they may work with you. Then you can send them the money for the frame, then the motor, then the batteries, etc.? Just an idea. www.electricmotorsport.com

Skeezmour
11 October 2010, 1336
Walking through the mall and seeing a young man walking with girlfriend with his M-16 in condition 1 (but with safety off) was something I wasn't expecting thats for sure.

Thanks for the ride Ed :)
USMC Gene

Lionstrike
11 October 2010, 1426
I think Electrician has the right idea. It's not modding a vehicle if it's a kit and that's what it was meant for.

I am sure that there's a way around this with the court's approval.

jazclrint
11 October 2010, 1753
Why not use it as a track day bike? Surely they have race tracks there.