PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to ride electric

Richard230
13 October 2010, 0815
I heard on the news today that the US EPA is going to approve 15% alcohol in gasoline, instead of the current 10%. Since some IC vehicles, in particular motorcycles, are already choking on the 10% mix, this is going to make life even tougher for owners on gas-fueled motorcycles. The alcohol is already causing driveability problems, stalling, rough running, hard starting and damage to fuel system seals, pumps and other parts.

All of these potential problems with gasoline can be solved by just riding an electric motorcycle. :)

electrician
13 October 2010, 1401
The Nanny state police are trying to pass more laws to restrict ICE motorcycles that electrics will get around here are a couple:
1. Noise pollution laws in urban and wilderness areas.
2. Anything that has even trace amounts of lead, like dirt bikes and ATV's that kids under 12 drive.

billmi
13 October 2010, 1435
Thankfully although #2 has come to pass, it was also repealed in short order. That's good as I would be surprised if the ammount of lead alloyed into cast emectric motor housings is lower than that in cast ICE transmission cases.

Richard230
13 October 2010, 1444
Thankfully although #2 has come to pass, it was also repealed in short order. That's good as I would be surprised if the ammount of lead alloyed into cast emectric motor housings is lower than that in cast ICE transmission cases.

I thought it was just put on hold for a while, while things cooled off a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if we get hit with that hazardous materials in motor vehicles that come in contact with children again. The Nannies are still out there waiting for their chance to save the World.