PDA

View Full Version : Juiced UPgrade. Not just battery voltage!

EVcycle
10 December 2010, 1625
Ok all of the spirited chat about Voltage and AH got me thinking....I know.... dangerous.

I have an extra ZAP EV controller that goes to 100 volts. It is a Curtis "evc 255-8002" 300 amp for the Zap Xebra.

This and 12 more batteries (Travis, that will make it the 24 total added for the Apples to Apples comparison of the previous thread)
will fit fine on the bike.

"More Power!!!" or distance.

Anyone seen one of these? I was originally designed for a pump, but the "EV" series has been reprogrammed for the ZAP.

It is time to Play!

http://www.elmoto.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=619&d=1292023444

Ed

DaveAK
10 December 2010, 1628
So this is replacing te Alltrax? Do you need to reprogram it or are you trying it as is?

frodus
10 December 2010, 1635
interesting, haven't seen that controller before.... looks like its got a programming port (4-pin). Do you have documentation you can send me? I'm wondering if the handheld will be able to program it.

EVcycle
10 December 2010, 1636
It will replace the Altrax and I will try it as for now. I may need to program it later if it is to much.... um.... power?

DaveAK
10 December 2010, 1637
I'd say that 4 pin port is CAN. Just because that's all that's on my mind right now. :D

EVcycle
10 December 2010, 1638
interesting, haven't seen that controller before.... looks like its got a programming port (4-pin). Do you have documentation you can send me? I'm wondering if the handheld will be able to program it.

A hand held will program it, but no documentation for it yet. I have asked on the ZAP board and hope to have it soon. I have documentation for the similar series of controllers.

I will email it to you Travis.

frodus
10 December 2010, 1648
I'd say that 4 pin port is CAN. Just because that's all that's on my mind right now. :D
The 4-pin port for the curtis controllers is not canbus, its a derivitive of serial (its inverted serial). The canbus pins are probably not even on this model. If it can use the handheld, its not canbus.

EVcycle
10 December 2010, 1651
Info sent. It lists two programmers.

"The 1253 controller is fully programmable through Curtis’s 1311 handheld
programmer or 1314 PC Programming Station."

Not sure what one you all have.

frodus
10 December 2010, 1712
I've got both, but I can't share the PC programmer, its not mine, I'm just borrowing it from a local. Plus its a PITA to use, its very finicky.

EVcycle
10 December 2010, 1716
Thanks. We will try it as is for now and see how it runs.

It will be a week or so before I can get it installed.