PDA

View Full Version : electrafunk racing

Pages : [1] 2

dice23
18 August 2010, 0933
my bike the predator is once again ALIVE! new controller is in ,the wheelie bars go on ,and sat i will be on the track at a test-n-tune weather permiting.seems very responsive as i found a bad bearing and bound up rear axle last time out. i will post as soon as i get back.hope to hook up with shawn lawless and make some passes some day.

frodus
18 August 2010, 1048
yeah, post some photos or a link to the project, I'm curious!

electriKAT
18 August 2010, 1058
Hey Jeff, welcome back. So I guess the T&T isn't going to be at Mason Dixon this weekend? I am planning to go.

John

dice23
18 August 2010, 1903
my budget was blown on new batteries and just cant afford to go to podc.really enjoyed meeting everybody last year. i will be testing in town as my local dragstrip is only 5 miles down the road. i did load a bunch of pictures on an album if anybody is interested? my myspace page has some videos that are pretty cool! my name is jeff disinger.my shop is SKIN FUNK TATTOO also has a myspace page with some artwork.i do alot of custom painting/airbrush on many different types of surfaces.

Lawlessind
19 August 2010, 0427
Jeff, Glad to hear Predator is up and running! I'm looking fwd to getting together for some racing. I just got the new bike back from Sturgis and got to ride it myself for real yesterday. Just 60 - 150 footers as I'm just getting used to launching, the huge tire growth and the wheelie bars. Man it pulls hard. I promised Larry that I wouldn't let anyone ride "his" bike but I consider myself riding in the name of research to get the bike set up just right for him. If we could get my two bikes, Predator, and KC together on the same day it would be a blast. Soon.............

dice23
19 August 2010, 0833
I'M IN! NOT SURE IF BILL WILL EVER SHOW UP THOUGH? MAYBE WE SHOULD PAY HIM?.....NA! IT WOULD BE ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE HISTORY IN THE MAKING. i cant wait to see your beast in person,that thing looks awsome! i will be out your way in columbus on the 10th & 11th of sept. i will be racing my mustang on NHRA UNLEASHED'S new tv show.i'm bringing the bike also.i will be testing on sat morning here in cicero at ESTA saftey park. been over two months since last pass when bike stood straight up and down! wheelie bars are back on and ready to fly.

Lawlessind
19 August 2010, 1031

Dice,

Here are a couple of shots from Sturgis.

Shawn

electriKAT
19 August 2010, 1109
Hey Shawn - I don't want to hijack this thread about Jeff's bike, but I'm glad you posted those pictures. I knew about the unveiling and have been searching for any information, but found nothing. Very cool!

What's w/ the funny photoshopping in the third picture? Someone didn't want to be on camera?

Lawlessind
19 August 2010, 1254
Thats a reflective screen that they use to equalize the lighting for tv taping. I cropped the pictures. They were huge files.

dice23
19 August 2010, 1504
WOW! that helmet rules! lmao......that looks like it was alot of fun.great shots of the bike!that is one hell of monster,love it! reminds me of my top dragster harley days. how did larry like it? judging by that burnout he will do ok,huh? you staying home with it or going back to lebanon valley? any word on kc team showing up? just found out my sat test n tune is moved to sunday.sooo...i wait

electriKAT
20 August 2010, 1705
The "OCC electric drag bike spy photos (http://www.elmoto.net/showthread.php?81-OCC-electric-dragbike-spy-photos-REDUX)" thread has been reconstructed. I added the pictures Shawn posted.

dice23
21 August 2010, 0631
going to rain all weekend here...no racing again!

dice23
28 August 2010, 1125
just got back from the track.....BAAAAD! blew my controller up again. i love jim from logisystems,but they just ca'nt build what i need.i was down for over two months waiting for the last one and then just a crack of the throttle and fireworks. i think i might check out evnetics on there new soliton 1 or 2. they have the voltage i'm looking for and the price seems ok.any body using one yet? sooo.... after melting my paint for the second time .....i will be looking for another controller sponsor.

dice23
09 September 2010, 0647
well.....got a new sponsor! EVNETICS stepped up and made me a deal i had to accept. i think these guys are gonna get it done. sure seem to have there **** together. i will be fitting this in the bike tonight. i will run it at my local track this weekend to sort it out. hope to hook up with shawn soon.

teddillard
09 September 2010, 0717
vids or it didnt happen. (or won't have happened, or... oh, you know what i mean) :)

and CONGRATS!

electriKAT
09 September 2010, 0807
Nice job. I can't wait to hear how the first test run goes.
Hopefully this will get the EVnetics guys a bit more publicity. I met them at PoDC and they seemed like a class act.

dice23
10 September 2010, 1156
bike is done as of now. will test some sat,then if weather hold out will be at the track,bar and all. the guys ...sebatian....are awsome! i really love this controller! what an awesome piece of art! i think this may be the next big thing? very user friendly, but very big for a bike. had to cut up the bike a little..took till one o'clock this morning! some small wiring left but ready to burn the tire off this thing! shawn offered to let me borrow a zilla,but i would never want to hurt it. and if something happened to it i would hang myself.soooo.... evnetics stepped up and we made the deal. hope to get deep in the 11's or faster!

electriKAT
10 September 2010, 1409
Congratulations! Would it be too much to ask you to shoot a little video of the controller in the bike? And some of the test runs?
When I first saw the controller, I thought it would be tough to squeeze into a bike frame.

dice23
10 September 2010, 1840
i will try and get some pics of the mods up to better help everybody see the size. man it cleaned up all of the crap wiring,its really an awesome piece. hope it solves my issues.

dice23
12 September 2010, 1021
i hate rain! wtf!!!! tested the bike in parking lot next to my shop. 1/8th mile runs @ the church. hope god will save my ass if something goes wrong,lol. bike pulls hard and controller did'nt blow up,huh. just found out there is a bike dyno less than 1/2 mile from me.guess what i'm doing monday? i never heard anybody with an electric bike on dyno? my accelaration is a little slow,but about sixty foot it starts pulling hard! need my wheel standing starts back though. hope they have the time for me on the dyno,should save a lot of wasted track time and give some valuable insight on voltage drops and curves.

dice23
21 September 2010, 0907
374375just put a couple of pics up in my album of EVNETICS soliton1 controller in the bike. local trck has cancelled three weeks in a row and money is tight on traveling for testing.local track is less than five miles from shop.i will have the dyno video and numbers in a few days

EVcycle
21 September 2010, 0946
Very Nice.....

Now time to really....play!!!!

Please keep us posted!

electriKAT
21 September 2010, 1150
Looks great Jeff. It takes up a lot of space, but you have it to spare.

dice23
22 September 2010, 1914
sooo.... back from dyno and bike is still in one piece! it made 98.6 rwhp. dyno charts to follow. hope i can get some of the data from controller printed up. will post up more info as i get it. I JUST PUT UP THE VIDEOS ON U-TUBE. my channel is JEFFDISINGER

dice23
25 September 2010, 1843
Well....bike ran pretty good today. First pass 12.5 @ 104mph then the second went 11.96 @ 113mph. Then meltdown @ 800 foot mark. Brushes went away and it still ran 12.2 @ 104. The evnetics controller is awesome! Just have to figure out how to get some throttle response out of this thing. Sixty foot times are killing my et! Will asses damage in the morning and hope i did'nt do much more than that, i've got some spare parts. Be back soon!

EVcycle
26 September 2010, 0356
Great to hear!!!!!
Now that you have a really good controller, you will find any of the weak points of the bike. It an only get faster from here.

Good luck!!

E&T

dice23
27 September 2010, 0518
well.....have torn motor apart and have it ready to put back together today. destroyed the brushes and assembly. this little motor spins nice but gets very hot on a pass,go figure. i will be going back to larger motor this winter as i think i will go rob a bank or something to get some lithium. i have dropped 8 seconds from my e.t. in two years! this has been a long and grueling process for myself and friends.but, when i see how long it took some of the best out there,it gives me the strength to carry on. i know that the chassis i have is more than capable of reaching sub 9 second passes. i just have to push harder to try and get to the next level(in my head that is).guys like shawn lawless make me feel like there is hope.i don't think he ever sleeps! soooo..... back to the track again this weekend,and if i get this damn throttle condition figured out i should get a few more tenth's down?

dice23
09 October 2010, 0836
sent the evnetics controller back to be tweeked,got it back in the bike last night.unfortunetly they will not remove or change the built in ramp that protects on a full blast launch.the turtle like launches will not cut it in drag racing. i think this is more suited for a car. we have every thing maxed out and will head back to the track in the morning hoping to data log and find something to fix this issue with the low end. even with the slow start it is still running 11's. anybody out there running a soliton1 in anything? would love to here how someone else is doing with one.they are awesome guy's,but not up on the drag racing end of EV's. starting to get really depressed about this. i know the bike has a low 11 in it as is.

electriKAT
11 October 2010, 0817
Sorry to hear that. I would think they'd be willing to do anything you want as long as you agree not to hold them responsible for your motor blowing up. I saw a few cars on DIYelectriccar that are using the Soliton 1, but I don't think anyone is drag racing. And no motorcycles at all. You may be the first.

dice23
12 October 2010, 0925
sebastien and the EVNETICS guys have been great! i did find a faulty magura throttle...anyone using something different? my poor D380 just can't take the abuse of repeated runs.it is an animal for it's size though! we think my armature shorted on my last pass and when i put a new brush assembly back in it and was not right,blue sparks...! sooo...going to clean house,new motor first!

dice23
20 October 2010, 1902
been a little down,this year was a tough one to suck up. learning curve in the new EV world has been brutal for me. i love a challenge....soo... i realized today after talking to a friend that i never advanced my motor back and put it back to stock set-up! damn,i will try like hell to maybe squeek out another pass this year. i'm sure it will go mid 11's. i'm in the works of a lithium pack that will get me much faster in the spring. going to have some fun with a couple of new rockets also! may the lithium gods bless me!

electriKAT
21 October 2010, 0822
Awesome. Good luck. And we need videos!

dice23
22 October 2010, 0652
my u-tube channel is JEFFDISINGER. there are lots of videos..more to come soon!

dice23
28 October 2010, 1535
got to drive a zero ds today. not all that bad, seating position sucks! way to forward and really high on the bike. it did seem nimble for the weight though. anybody elese ever drive one of these? i'm going to ride the dirt bike soon also. that looks like more fun. wish brammo had some more bikes out there,would love to pro-street that empulse! i could make one badass street bike/dragbike out of that platform.they don't ever answer any calls or e-mails.

electriKAT
29 October 2010, 0919
I demoed a Zero X in August. I agree about the seating position, but I am used to a crotch rocket, so no surprise there. It was very nimble and quick. I really enjoyed it.

dice23
07 December 2010, 1838
after all my praying for a break...shawn lawless has now become my major sponsor! i have a couple of lawless prepaired motors on the way. dual motors, and now to re-design my chassis for these beasts. i will try and photo all the work along the way. hope to get this done before the new year so i can celebrate on a high note. 2011 will be a better year racing!

teddillard
07 December 2010, 1842
dude, that's insane! CONGRATS!

DaveAK
07 December 2010, 1940
Awesome!!!!

dice23
08 December 2010, 0527
i think the electric motorcycle will be bigger than ever this comming year.with all the availability of lithium we can really start to find the potential of the dc motor,or motors..hehe. traveling with shawn and the rocket bike will be some awesome! on the same track in the other lane against spiderman,someone pinch me.it's gonna be some long nights this weekend re-designing the chassis.with shawn to help i hope to close the gap on the killacycle.having more bikes out there will only increase the awareness of what the future holds! the lawless/predator bike will be coolest thing on two wheels!

electriKAT
08 December 2010, 1541
Remind me what kind of batteries you're running again?

dice23
08 December 2010, 1806
I MAY HAVE TO RUN MY PACK THATS IN THE BIKE FOR NOW...WORKING ON SELLING OFF A FEW TOYS TO GET THAT BIG BOY LITHIUM. I'M RUNNING niMh @ 201volt (2 prius packs). might have to sell my soul for better stuff soon. i've got the garage warming,tig,tubing and ready to go cut up some chassis. we have over four feet of snow on the ground in three days!

Lawlessind
08 December 2010, 1836
Dice,
Motors are on their way. They should be good for 400 HP plus. I can't wait to see the Predator on the track with GE power! AGNS managed 9.95 @ 128 MPH with one of these motors and AGM lead. ANGUS bike ran 8.60's @169 MPH with a crappy chassis and two of them. Predator should hit the 7's with the right battery pack. 2011 is going to ROCK!!!

Shawn

dice23
10 December 2010, 1351
motor plates are being cut on water jet...frame is cut and i will be working when parts are done.

dice23
21 December 2010, 0755
chassis work for the most part is done! wow!...twins! man this is going to be fun! had to stretch the bike six inches to fit the new motors. the look is really bad ass. i will have pics up before the weekend. i will be airbrushing some more details on the bio-mechanicle theme and maybe a predator also. the lawless industries logo will also be flying high on the bike as well! thanks again and again for all the help shawn.

Skeezmour
21 December 2010, 0816
Awesome I can't wait to see the results.

DaveAK
21 December 2010, 0925
When do we get pictures!!!

dice23
27 December 2010, 0841
sorry for the delay in photos...ive been a little under the weather. we got 4 feet of snow,then 3 feet...then cold! in and out of the plow truck just sucks.sooo... motors are in, zilla is here. i will drag my ass out and get back to work today. pics should follow by tonight!

dice23
28 December 2010, 1841
674675ok...here are the first pics...i have more i will get up of completed work.

electriKAT
28 December 2010, 1932
Looks good Jeff. With the next batch, please post some pictures without the fairings. I'd like to see the batteries and the controller.

DaveAK
28 December 2010, 1943
Looks great!

dice23
29 December 2010, 0820
just waiting on some taper-lock bushings to do final set-up.have to do some body mods and paint work. there is a total of 12" added for the twins! the bike looks so much more balanced. have to build a home for the new zilla shawn is letting me borrow.676677

EVcycle
29 December 2010, 0823
Looking good. What speed/time are you looking for?

dice23
29 December 2010, 1207
my weak link as of now will be batteries. these motors are just bullet proof run after run. i have seen agnus run 9's time after time with no issues.shawn says 7's with the right pack. my old set-up was capable of a high 10 second pass. the godzilla shawn is lending should get me back on track in 60ft times. trying to sell my drag golf cart to fund new batteries.

dice23
02 January 2011, 1507
695just waiting for some wiring help on the godzilla from shawn....

electriKAT
03 January 2011, 1205
What will happen to the Soliton1?

dice23
03 January 2011, 1854
thats a great question...i sent it back after my motor shorted out and backfed through the controller and found its way out of a crack in an anderson connector and poof! they were in the process of re-doing it and i have no idea what the hell is going on? it is a beautiful piece! i loved everything about it,...other than it just has a ramp built in to protect it from someone like me...looking to dump as much amps as possible out of the hole. they are great guys and i hope they get a few things worked out,it is a really nice controller! i will call them tuesday and find out whats up? as soon as shawn gets back to me i will finish the bike and post the first burnout with the twins!

EVcycle
03 January 2011, 2005
"burnout with the twins! "

Not a phrase I hear every day....got to love it!

dice23
06 January 2011, 0904
707708709some of the new helmets i will be wearing this year...

BaldBruce
06 January 2011, 0925
Very bad ass. I especially like the first one on the left......

electriKAT
06 January 2011, 1028
How do you see out of those?

dice23
07 January 2011, 0718
when your drag racing you only want to see THE tree...nothing else. it really helps me focus...i put my helmets on tech guys all the time just to prove how well you really can see. i had a cop put one on once that asked! i have been doing helmets for over 30 years now!.....damn i'm gettin' old. i now have one that the mouth opens when i move my jaw,can't wait to freak out some people with that one. they are all based on SIMPSON bandits...not a cheap helmet. trying to work a deal with the company now for sponsorship. need some new leathers as my vanson suit is getting up there in age also.

electriKAT
07 January 2011, 1143
A Predator helmet with a mouth that opens, that would be SICK! I love to see this setup in person.

dice23
08 January 2011, 1954
i think i will try and get some video up of the different ones with suit on soon

dice23
28 January 2011, 0905
ok...been a little under the weather. the bike chassis is done and just testing with 12v on rear motorand everything spins free and smooth! the zilla and final wiring will be done next couple of days after some painting. this is so much meaner looking at this length! hope to give that killacycle a run for its money this year? thanks again to shawn lawless for all the support. i will have a bunch of good photos up of all this work by next week

dice23
04 February 2011, 1953
been busy week and i am going to do final assembly on the bike in morning,wiring in the afternoon...burnout to follow?lol! i will be taking pics and posting soon after.

dice23
08 February 2011, 0600
THE PREDATOR IS ALIVE! the twins are in and the tires is burning.i've a little more bodywork to finish up,i had to section one side to clear the new motor plate.then...i had to fill in were i cut the tank area for the old lead box. man do i need to make a pass! i spent four hours beating 2 feet of ice off the roof of my shop yesterday only to finish the bike bike with my friend ed tucker around 10pm. at least 4 inches of snow again this morning...time to plow again. we are in a record year here in syracuse.makes you appreciate the good days when you get them.

EVcycle
08 February 2011, 0631
Great news. We need photos!!!!

dice23
08 February 2011, 0855
826825824827826825824827first pics!

teddillard
08 February 2011, 0930
That is so completely and insanely badass. For some reason, that last shot brought home to me exactly how insane you'd have to be to jump on this thing and try to hold on. You have my awe and respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TbFcFohbs4

Skeezmour
08 February 2011, 1150
SWEET! Get it to the track soon :)

DaveAK
08 February 2011, 1151
Awesome stuff. Now we need videos and times!! :D

EVcycle
08 February 2011, 1412
Awesome stuff. Now we need videos and times!! :D

Hell, I would be happy seeing a really smoky burnout!!!

and then videos and times!

dice23
13 February 2011, 1418
Here is a pic of the zilla controller cover shawn let me paint. The green just did'nt go...so a airbrushed a godzilla on it. Burnout with the twins hurt a cell in battery pack.lucky for me i saved a couple of good ones from blown up pack.845846

dice23
13 February 2011, 1420
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zbx-HQ15A8

Coninsan
13 February 2011, 1431
It says Video not available for me..?

teddillard
13 February 2011, 1657
IN.

SANE!!!!!

GREAT work guys!

dice23
15 February 2011, 1303
hope to pack fixed and back in the bike tonight. seems i have ruffled a few feathers..lol.. with my helmet-less burnout.i guess if you can't drive a bike you should'nt be on it...bill. i will have a better video soon...not sure if i'm putting a helmet on yet...maybe just thong?

DaveAK
15 February 2011, 1314
So when will you be on the track? I want to see some runs and times for this beast. :)

Oh and how did your helmet turn out? Did you decide on one yet?

dice23
16 February 2011, 1411
i've got three more helmets ready for this year and vanson will let me know friday on sponsorship with new suit i will airbrush. fixed the bad cell or replaced and everything seems fine! burnout when i get a chance.got to fab some new side panels and finish up the main body. i think with my nimh pack the bike won't be very fast...maybe 10's...but with a lithium pack...?

teddillard
23 February 2011, 0604
hey DICE! I've been posting a lot of scooter crap and it started getting to me... I says to myself, what do I need to cleanse my palate, to refresh my outlook, to rekindle the lure of the Power of the Flux? Why, nothing will do but the "Burnout with the Twins", that's what!

soooooo... I did a post on you, if there's anything you'd like to add, let me know:
http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/predator-drag-bike-and-the-burnout-with-the-twins/

dice23
24 February 2011, 0800
very cool ted...i am honored! just finished airbrushing additional graphics on the main body and cleared it yesterday. other than lower side panels the bike is ready for the track! i will be traveling south with shawn as per conversation yesterday. need to run the chassis with the nimh pack first....then see what kinda stuff we can find to really make it fly? i will try and have the finished pics and video up real soon. i will be doing a street legal version in the near future...i need a street ev to go run people down with...lol

teddillard
24 February 2011, 0805
no sir... it is I who's honored! :D

I tagged your mustang shot for my son (16, into some interesting MC stuff) and he messaged me, "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??? HAHAHHAHAHAahaha!" I was like, THAT is my electric dragracing bud, yo!

dice23
24 March 2011, 0446
well...six more inches of rotten snow and freezing cold temps! wtf?..lol i'm gonna go insane ...aww crap,to late. so... going south next weekend to shake the bike down with shawn who will be doing the same.i'm under orders not to say much now,crap! i think that the record may get dropped some. going to g.a. on 8-10 for the fastest bike racing in history.not sure when we will get to put some lithium in the bike, but i'm sure it will be soon! bike is buried on the lift so i can't get much on the picture end of things.i will get some more video and pics up of testing next week.

EVcycle
24 March 2011, 0532
Time to move! It will be 80 degrees here, but we have Pollen "snow" here. :(

dice23
24 March 2011, 0701
oh great, can't wiat for the pollen this year. it's 27 deg here right now. just have to suck it up

Nuts & Volts
24 March 2011, 0810
Awesome! Looking forward to some videos and some new records :) Go EVs!

dice23
03 April 2011, 0622
going to ohio monday for some real crazy work on some really fast ev's. shawn is bringing out the big guns! man georgia is gonna be freaking fast. got the predator out in the parking lot next door yesterday.seems to go straight and pretty quick considering all the extra wieght.http://www.youtube.com/user/1point8turbo

Lawlessind
03 April 2011, 0707
We are all looking forward to getting the Rocket bike back on the track AND getting Predator out there with it's new drivetrain. Time to head out this week for the first southeast tour of 2011. We are taking a few extra toys and are making our first stop in Orlando, FL to help Jeff melt the snow off the Predator and do some sun soaked racing with good friends. Second stop Valdosta, GA and the fastest, quickest drag bikes in the World. It will be an honor to share the strip and pits with Larry and Steve McBride and all the other greats in motorcycle drag racing. Last year we posted a 7.70 at 169 on the last of our 3 runs. That seems a bit paltry next to Larry's best of 5.83 and Korry Hogan's 5.84. We look to close that 1.87 sec gap a bit in our first return visit to the beautiful South Georgia Motorsports Park and set a new overall 1/4 mile electric vehicle record in the process. I have invited the Killacycle team to join us in Georgia and have a first ever head to head race by 7 second EV's. They have been working hard lightening KC and may have, pound for pound, the most powerful EV battery ever installed in a motorcycle. Who knows, it may take a 6 second run to put them on the trailer. I hope they can make the trip. Here's to sixes in 2011!

Shawn Lawless

electriKAT
04 April 2011, 0745
Dude! No helmet?!?

Are you planning to attend Capitol Amps (http://www.capitolamps.com/) at the end of the month?

dice23
04 April 2011, 2042
not sure? budget is really thin after ohio trip today and going to fla-ga this week is going to kill me. but this will be the best bike racing ever! shawn is trying to break his own mark and i will be there for this one! i hope to get some good batteries soon or the bike will be stuck going slower than need be

dice23
07 April 2011, 1124
bike is with shawn florida and i'm leaving in a few hours to meet up and have some fun in the sun! then we head up to georgia for sat / sun to see if the rocket can go faster than 7.4? i will post when i get back on how it all went down. this will be first chance to wear my new helmets also

DaveAK
07 April 2011, 1204
Looking forward to the reports!

dice23
10 April 2011, 1552
just got back from a wild long ass weekend. 24hrs straight through to orlando from syracuse.then got up at 3am to drive to georgia.92 degrees in blistering sun. bike left hard and straight...1.6 sixty foot...just did not have time for battery change on this trip.chassis is great! wheelstand was very cool to pull off. larry mcbride was on one of his fastest passes ever when a glitch shut it down. we left and drove straight home and i need sleep! the bike weight was 642lbs!

teddillard
10 April 2011, 1602
dude, just saw the stand on FB, AWEsome!

dice23
16 April 2011, 0619
well...just starting to get my groove back after my whirlwind drive to florida to meet up with shawn lawless and crew. left orlando 3:30 in the morning for georgia. got to pit in-between larry Mcbride and korry hogan! NHRA pro-stock champ l.e. tonglet stop and hung out with me for a bit also. there are so many fast bikes running it becomes boring? the rocket was having some minor issues and larry did'nt get to make a full pass. he told me it was on one of the fastest passes ever! it will go into the 6's this year for sure! hope they get 200mph also. i did make my first pass which was smooth as ever. left good with 1.6 sixty foot...just 201 volt pack has no ass for the twins...lol. 642 lbs. is alot to get moving! might try and add some more batteries to my pack to get voltage close to 300v. this bike will run an easy 8 second pass with some good batteries! the second pass on the bike came late in the day...8:15 or so. i was not happy about going slow so i decided to just test the chassis for firmness...lmao. the bike went pretty damn high! not sure why i like doing that so much? i'm pretty sure that made some people take notice.it went straight up and i was back in throttle with no problem. this bike will be a blast when it runs inthe 8's or quicker. very frustrating going this slow when i know what the capabilities of the bike are. seems billybob dube has been bust'n my balls over on the nedra forum this week. really think shawn beating him bothers the crap out of him fading away. better if we never meet in person...i'm to high strung for know-it-all geeks like him.he just takes everything way to serious. he will fade away in time. hope to be on a track in the next few weeks?

electriKAT
16 April 2011, 1158
Congratulations on all of the progress Jeff. Those numbers will come. And I would just let my numbers do the talking. There is no sense fighting amongst ourselves. We're all on the same team trying to prove to the rest of the world that EVs are the real deal.

Just two weeks until Capitol Amps (http://www.capitolamps.com/)!

dice23
17 April 2011, 0837
this is the first shot i have of me with new helmet

DaveAK
17 April 2011, 1026
That is just too cool Jeff. :D

teddillard
18 April 2011, 1619
Just saw this video via Autoblog Green!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkzLxmQ9Zmo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkzLxmQ9Zmo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Story here: http://green.autoblog.com/2011/04/18/prius-powered-predator-outruns-mega-watt-rocket-video/

Congrats, man!

dice23
18 April 2011, 1813
thats funny ted...i was just going to post this ...lol...you beat me to it. not to sure about the title..lol, it was my shinning moment though...lmao! it was a 12.4 not 12.7...not that it matters. i think with a few tweeks we can get a 10 out of it soon. have not talked to shawn so i'm not really sure where we stand on the bike for now? sure was a fun weekend and the 92 degrees in the sun was a nice break.

EVcycle
18 April 2011, 1904
Great track. Looked like a fun time!

Congrats!

drivin98
19 April 2011, 0659
How do you think Prius packs would work in a regular road bike? Would they fit? Also, like the picture, great theme.

http://www.blogcdn.com/green.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/predator-sgmp-2011-630.jpg

Allen_okc
19 April 2011, 0709
the electricfunk theme is said from the folks here in oklahoma city, the coolest thing they've seen in a long time. awesome work dice, good luck on the 10 sec, im sure you'll get there...

electriKAT
19 April 2011, 0940
Wow, that's all I can say.

I noticed a go-pro camera hanging off the rear fender in one of the still shots. Any chance you've got that footage available?

dice23
25 April 2011, 1820
sorry all my computer was down... the go-pro on the bike was not turned on,not very happy as i record from as many angles as i can for review later.must have been the heat..lol. i have found that the prius cell are petty good for what they are. they can be found fairly cheap and you can take them apart so easy. i will be adding some more soon in hope of more needed voltage. not sure how they would work for a street drivin bike? they are doing very good for me abusing the hell out of them. a nasty fast street bike is in the future for me.

dice23
30 April 2011, 0951
Hey all, well....gonna cut up the bike again! Have another pack to bring nominal voltage up to 3oo! Going to drop some weight and drop the rear gear in hopes of that 10 second or faster pass. I have to re-design the backbone by removing the old fuel tank. Once i get the bike where i like it i will make a chromemoly version to lighten the bike up some more! Then when the lithium happens it should fly! I will get some photo's as it happens...hope to be done by next weekend?

dice23
10 May 2011, 0426
just got back from ohio @ midnight. time to start cutting. if weather holds out i hope to test again this weekend.
more power!

dice23
18 May 2011, 0659
just got the tube for the revisions on the backbone,hope to finish tonight. weather looks good for testing this weekend. i will get pics up of new stuff soon! three prius packs running at 300v!

dice23
24 May 2011, 0753
just finished the bike...couple of wiring connections and it will be ready for some smoke! i will get some pics up today of new set-up...again...lol

Allen_okc
24 May 2011, 0908
hey dice - ive collected all the photos and videos of your ride... got anymore?

also, are prius batteries lithium and where do you get them?

rooting for you to get that 10 second time on the strip... rock on...

Allen_okc
24 May 2011, 0910
one other thing - hoping you do a road trip to Oklahoma City...

electriKAT
24 May 2011, 0934
also, are prius batteries lithium and where do you get them?

nickel metal hydride, junkyards.

electriKAT
24 May 2011, 0936
Hey Diceman, any chance you and Shawn will be able to make Power of DC (http://www.powerofdc.com/) this year? It is June 11-12.

dice23
24 May 2011, 1431
1269i will be there! i think shawn will be to also? i plan on tearing up place best i can...lol. hope it is sunny this year! nothing like wasting $800 or so on gas to tow down and not race. i have a new toy for the autocross this year! hey allen the batteries are NiMH and i get them from wrecks and strip them down.

electriKAT
24 May 2011, 1608
That's great. Can't wait to meet you and see the bike.

Allen_okc
25 May 2011, 0615
hey allen the batteries are NiMH and i get them from wrecks and strip them down.

the reason im asking is because of my winter project, the electric chopper i want to build, but the cost of 72 lifepo4 batteries is a bit overwhelming, so im looking into other possibilities... and i decided to keep the little drag scooter together for multiple seasons of drag racing...

besides i love wondering through wrecking yards, its like disney land for me...

DaveAK
25 May 2011, 0831
You can buy them on eBay pretty cheap if you don't want to visit a wrecking yard, (or if like me you can't).

Allen_okc
25 May 2011, 0837
thank you dave, ebay is my second disney world... good call...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-PRIUS-BATTERY-CELLS-HV-HYBRID-2004-2009-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aPriusQQhashZitem41 594f8fa8QQitemZ280671260584QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTru ckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

dice23
26 May 2011, 0536
be very careful of the ebay stuff as they may be older cells...or just crap someone is looking to unload. the prius cells do sit very well if charged. i have had very good luck with these batteries as a whole. they are very good choice for the price! not to mention the weight,pretty light.

Allen_okc
26 May 2011, 0903
Thank You Dice - i'll still buy one pack from ebay to play with and get measurements from, the rest im going to the wrecking yard for... so far ive been at the yamaha bone yard so many times i can almost take inventory there, been looking for motorcycle frame forks and front wheel i can use in the drag scooter and the electric chopper project...

does the case of the prius pack come apart pretty easy or is it one of those things you gotta cut apart?

DaveAK
26 May 2011, 0939
I was looking at just getting the individual cells.

Allen_okc
26 May 2011, 1027
thats what i was hoping to rip from the prius battery pack... you can buy them individually? wouldnt it cost more that way?

im glad Dice mentioned these... it helps to see alternatives...

DaveAK
26 May 2011, 1120
Single, tested cell for $10:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03-Prius-Battery-Module-7-2-volt-NIMH-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e63aa3957QQitemZ13052 1119063QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Or you can get them in a lot of 11, untested for $20 from the same vendor. There are others out there too. I just searched on Prius battery to find these. A wrecking yard is still more fun, just posting these as an alternative.

Allen_okc
26 May 2011, 1220
Thank You Dave - i just book marked them... i agree yard dog sniffing is a lot more fun...

dice23
27 May 2011, 0713
just make sure each cell is around 7.2-7.4! they do rest very well as long as they were charged. if you buy a whole pack you can get some contactors and misc leads. we also double all of the buss bars to handle the demands and abuse we put these to. ed re-wired the bike yesterday and should be close to finishing details for this weekend.

Allen_okc
27 May 2011, 0723
love photos sir - it helps me to see little hints in a photo, im a visual kinda of person...

dice23
29 May 2011, 1729
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSQQz01IZQg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSQQz01IZQg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object> JUST BACK FROM THE TRACK TODAY. bike now has a third prius pack bringing the nominal voltage to 301v. bike ran a best of 10.47 @ 117.8mph and a sixty foot time of 1.40 6.45 @ 102.07 bike left great and went straight and smooth as always. what a great day for the team

Nuts & Volts
29 May 2011, 1744
Nice work!

DaveAK
29 May 2011, 2016
Congrats!!! Looking good!

Allen_okc
31 May 2011, 0729
Rock N Roll Dice, gotta love it... Allen...

dice23
01 June 2011, 0523
as far as i can find, i think i have the fastest NiMH vehicle on the planet? lol...
go elmoto!

lugnut
01 June 2011, 0623
Buckeye Bullet 1 did 314 on NiMH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckeye_Bullet

Nuts & Volts
01 June 2011, 0754
Buckeye Bullet 1 did 314 on NiMH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckeye_Bullet

Represent! (go bucks!!) :)

dice23
01 June 2011, 1824
i stand corrected...lol...i mis-spoke, was refering to 1/8 and 1/4 times.not that it really matters much.

lugnut
01 June 2011, 1912
i stand corrected...lol...i mis-spoke, was refering to 1/8 and 1/4 times.not that it really matters much.

Doesn't belittle your accomplishments. And you are certainly more entertaining to watch :-)

electriKAT
01 June 2011, 2235
So "quickest", not "fastest". That is something to brag about.

dice23
02 June 2011, 0604
not much for bragging...just cool to be part of the movement in EV bikes.if i only had a real budget...lol...the world would'nt be the same again. i have shown that you can do this on a very limited budget. hope it does'nt rain this year for the POWER OF DC. i'm really looking forward to a fast weekend with shawn and everyone!

Allen_okc
02 June 2011, 0744
no apologizing needed Dice - you Rock...

Nuts & Volts
02 June 2011, 0757
not much for bragging...just cool to be part of the movement in EV bikes.if i only had a real budget...lol...the world would'nt be the same again. i have shown that you can do this on a very limited budget. hope it does'nt rain this year for the POWER OF DC. i'm really looking forward to a fast weekend with shawn and everyone!

The Buckeye Bullet 1 is sitting on top of a bunch of cabinets in two pieces collecting dust.

I'm pretty sure you can safely call yourself the fastest Nickel ride around without getting any bad looks :) Any runs in Ohio this year?

dice23
02 June 2011, 1746
i'm sure at least one visit to ohio this year is in order. maybe virginia also,depends on if shawn will have larry run the rocket again? i will not miss that event! you have never seen anything like that bike in person! it is the coolest thing i have ever!

dice23
06 June 2011, 0804
power of DC this weekend in maryland,hope to see some of you out there!

electriKAT
06 June 2011, 0857
For sure. I plan to make both days. So how will i recognize you? HAHAHAHAHA!

dice23
06 June 2011, 1403
i will be the one doing the donuts in the parkin lot...lol! hope to get there on friday night

Allen_okc
07 June 2011, 0548
i wish i was closer to that event, id go - OKC just doesnt get into electric EV's here - its gas gas gas, promoted by the big gas companies here, even their alternative transportation is gas, im sick of it...

i guess im going to have to change that some how...

have a good one dice and electrickat, you dogs, i envy you all...

electriKAT
13 June 2011, 0830
It was great meeting Jeff and his crew last weekend at the 11th annual Power of DC. The Predator is really sick to see in person. I don't think he set any records, but still managed to turn some heads with a couple of great runs at the Mason Dixon Dragway. Someone at the track took some awesome shots of Jeff launching. Jeff, please post that one picture if you can scan it. And the gopro footage if it turns out.

dice23
14 June 2011, 0508
132513261327132513261327the weekend started off really bad but quickly turned around for us. the damn sun and heat...lol...burned me to a crisp! i teetered on the verge of heat stroke for most of the day on sat. no sleep in three days did not help me much at all. i did muster up one really awesome pass against john metrics fiero from texas! i busted his balls by turning the go-pro backwards and ask him if i could get a shot of his car disappearing...lol. and that is just what went down...i treed the crap out of him with an .064 reaction and carried the wheel out for some time. bike ran a 10.54 with a 1.40 sixty foot
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6YTU8k1f-ps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dice23
14 June 2011, 0512
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJOPbChwzS4&feature=share

dice23
14 June 2011, 0513
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjopbchwzs4&feature=share electric dragbike vs car

Allen_okc
14 June 2011, 0527
freakin awesome Dice... ive been watching your progress with the bike, it seems to me its improving each time you take it out to the track...

rock on bud...

electriKAT
14 June 2011, 1004
Oh, man! I think one of those pictures should go on the fliers for next year's PoDC.

Thanks for posting the gopro footage. That is a cool perspective. I didn't realize you ran in the 10's.

dice23
14 June 2011, 1219
the first run i think it broke the tire loose...went for the wall...i did lift a bit...not like me to do that,but i was leaning off the bike so far trying to get it back i had to lift a bit...11.57. so the run against john metric was only a tenth off my best 10.40. that was the longest the bike ever carried the front wheel though! i'm glade we got some video of that. the weekend heat/sun just kicked my ass...getting old...lmao!

dice23
21 June 2011, 1259
so far this year i have dropped the bikes times by 2 seconds,made the 1/8 mile 100mph club and the 1/4 mile 100 mph club. now with a little tweeking and gear change i think the 125 mph club is next in line for the predator. all done with Nimh. hope to be ready in the next week or so...been busy with a side project that will be making some very big noise in the EV car world shortly! records will be set

DaveAK
21 June 2011, 1315
When you say you're all done with the NiMH does that mean that you're switching to something else?

teddillard
21 June 2011, 1323
When you say you're all done with the NiMH does that mean that you're switching to something else?

(...it was) all done with Nimh. -ed.

:cool:

DaveAK
21 June 2011, 1338
(...it was) all done with Nimh. -ed.

:cool:
Ahh. Got it! I know he wants to run lithium at some point though. Still, maybe he can wring a little more out of these cells yet. :D Really impressive so far.

dice23
22 June 2011, 1807
yeah,kinda confusing on that ...sorry..lol. the bottom packs are a little tired,with fresh packs(new) i think it would run a 9 second pass. i have really tried to get someone to put a pack in this thing to showcase there product but times are tough? shawn is working on some new stuff right now and should be able to test soon? i just ran out of $$$ for this year. the bike runs awesome in 60' carrying the wheel like a pro-mod bike! sure is fun to drive now! for the price of the prius packs its hard to beat there performance? really looking to do a street legal "grudge bike" for next year if i can swing it...damn money thing again...lol

Allen_okc
23 June 2011, 0542
i hear you Dice - we here are lucky to have gone this far with the economy the way it is, im sure when the economy stabilizes we will see a lot more members here - im just wondering wheres the ladies out there. i challenge them to get involved as well, i know they are capable, are you gals sceared or what...

Sorry Dice, i had to through that in there...

But at least you did the tour with your motorcycle, and you did it like a pro... and thats something to be proud of, good job bud...

dice23
03 July 2011, 1649
soo... put new sprocket on the bike this morning...38 down from 43 in hopes of getting to the 125mph NEDRA club.after a lot o' massage work got it to work. then ...my damn czona contactor is welded on...must have happened in maryland,thought something was up...heat killed me...lol. hope to get new one in before friday.really need to get this next mark done! i will shoot for the nine second range next...hope to do this before the end of the year...on NiMH!

Allen_okc
05 July 2011, 0549
dang, the contactor welded to your frame?

dice23
05 July 2011, 1459
noooo....inside the contactor is a set of (points) they welded,now it is scrap! not cheap...time to use rebuildable ones!

dice23
13 July 2011, 1444
new contactor is here...hope to go racing this weekend! 125 mph plus!

EVcycle
14 July 2011, 0215
Good luck!

Be Safe!

dice23
18 July 2011, 0601
back from a blistering hot 98 deree day at the track. the gear change only got me 120mph, not enough battery to make it happen. track was terrible with no hook! ran two 11's passes,i will be changing the rear gear back to the old set-up at 10.40. pretty sure i have a hurt battery pack to show for it all,may be the last passes of the year for me as money is just not there for new batteries. hope to further asses the pack today...not looking good

dice23
06 August 2011, 0833
so things have been quite around the shop for the last month...to damn hot to race...lol. the pack is out and have the bike stripped down for complete inspection! soon...very soon...going to go faster...lmao!

Allen_okc
08 August 2011, 1205
man i hear ya Jeff - we have been triple digit weather for over 60 days straight... black leathers in this heat could cause a fellow to pass out from heat stroke...

dice23
22 August 2011, 2059
the break off the track has just sucked! this has only motivated me that much more...lol...so...i will be starting the predator II. it will be STREET LEGAL! i intend to really just crush ice bikes next year...lmao. when i built the predator i really was shooting for a street bike...crap...hard left turn...drag bike again! i have been racing for thirty stinkin years now with many varied toys in my box. i just seem to wander back to my bikes...go figure. i will now be going for the fastest STREET LEAGAL bike.i'm hoping shawn will jump in with me on this project to complete the world domination effect? just a thought...lol. damn this addiction to EV's...i've never been so broke...and possesed to build? sooo...as of this writing...let the build begin!

teddillard
23 August 2011, 0314
lipo, baby!

Allen_okc
23 August 2011, 0533
right on Jeff - just keep those photos and videos coming...

i pretty much have every video and photo of your bike stored on my back up drive...

wonderful thing that little fire fox video capture add-on...

electriKAT
23 August 2011, 0853
Hey Jeff, very cool to hear that you are building a street legal monster. Just curious if you have made any design decisions like:

conversion, or scratch build?
motor, controller?
and most of all, batteries?

Skeezmour
23 August 2011, 1222
Let me know when you need your Zilla 4 K :)....oh wait....you said street legal.

dice23
24 August 2011, 0631
this is is going to be heavy conversion based of a kawasaki 636...very light with lots'o room! i have many friends that do a lot of grudge racing,and not many people relly know what to make of an electric bike...lol. the plan is to be able to go 9's or faster and still get 60-70 miles round trip. i already know this is no problem to do...just buckets'o money! the idea is to stay light and long,plus sticky shinko tire. chassis is in my shop now and between the drag bike and my gt-40 projects i will start picking away at it. it will be zilla powered though. lucky for me i have some very talented friends helping out to make this happen fast. spring time in georgia SGMP is what i'm shooting for? as shawn likes to say STUPID FAST is what it will be!

dice23
28 August 2011, 1311
ok...lol..are you ready for this? just back from the hospital...lmao. shawn sends text...if you can get here we will build a pack and go racing.guess what i did...worked till 2 am...slept for couple of hours...got up....me and my friend nick julian hauled ass to ohio! arived at lawless ind. @noon.puttered about changing wiring and new contactors.finished up around 9pm ish...shawn and landon put new pack together...lol...no sparks..yeah! fly over to quaker city raceway...place is packed! no charge...bike blows the tire off! so...charge it up...more smoke than ever from the tire with the twins singing...beautiful song! oh my...dew on everything tire spinning at half track and no freak'n way am i lifting! 9.03 @ 140.45! spinning and not wide open...close though. it has soooo much power it can break the tire loose at half track! i love lipo! so we pack it in for safety reasons.get a few hours sleep(much needed!). decide to go to thompson dragway up near ashtabula...north ohio...this is where it gets bad. bike is just blowing tha tire off bad and going all over the track...HEAVY cross-wind! every time i pedaled it it would just produce BLUE smoke...wow...just like driving on ice. so i move over to next lane...burn the crap out of the tire.awesome 1.3 sixty foot ..1/8th mile @ 128mph! oh no...clear the 1000ft and the bike goes HARD left...wtf! so...i grazed the guardrail and blew my hand apart...messed up my boot and leathers a bit...but...stayed on two wheels at 130ish.when it hit the rail it went WTFO! AND TRUST ME IT STILL PULLED HARD! got it stoped...looked down to see how bad...yikes...blood dripping all over...but...all diggit's still there! ICON gloves with titanium backed fingers saved my hand.so the guy in the other lane pulles up and is like...dude...that was the the most awesome job to keep it on two wheels ever...which made me feel a little better i guess. i was just not going to lift! i really wanted shawn to see this bike in the 8's at 150mph! i guess...just lift and live to fight another day is what comes out of this? we actually turned it down in hopes of just getting down the track, 1000 amps and still just pulling! i just want to get this back out on a great track prepped to handle this beast! it will go very low 8's when we hook it up! just hope to get my freak'n hands back on the bars quick . man...just can't thank shawn enough! this made my year! these new batteries just rule! wow...me thinks there will be a 6second pass in the rocket in the near future! it is so cool to have that kinda power that traction is now the issue..lmao! think i'm a lipo junky now...still twiching from fix...lol. so, back to work...and aiming to make the next move soon...more power...? lol

Skeezmour
28 August 2011, 1404
Glad your going to be ok dice! The power of a Zilla is VERY addictive! With cells that will let everything else sing the fun is just a flick of the wrist away.

Did anyone get video of that run? Would love to see your amazing save.

dice23
28 August 2011, 1630
the on board camera was damaged...lol...i do have a distant video i will get up tonight i think? hurts to type...lol.it really was so un noticed...they never stopped racing until two bikes later! i was standing in the middle of the track at the very end with two other guys bleeding all over until they figured out what happened. dodged a big one on that run,if i hit and went over it was a big drop off! wait till there's two zilla's ...one for each motor...lol. the old godzilla...#0008 sure kicks ass! it was dennis berube's before shawn got it.now i just need a really well prepped track and i'm going to hang it out fly! man this fun...just hurts when i laugh.

electriKAT
28 August 2011, 2134
Wow, scary stuff. Glad to hear you were able to save it. So is this a new pack in the predator?

Allen_okc
29 August 2011, 0632
im just glad your OK Jeff... is the bike OK?

frodus
29 August 2011, 0846
damn man, how's your hand? surgery? broken bones?

dice23
29 August 2011, 0906
the bike was barely scuffed...lol..i took the hit! there was no way i'm letting his new battery pack get hurt! he put his new stuff together to test in my bike before it goes in the rocket.safe to say...these really rock! only dropped 10 volts on a run...amazing power to be able to spin a car tire at 1000ft.! i just need to clean the bike up a bit and were ready to go! once i can safely hold the bars again it's on! i'm sure it will run low 8's to high 7 second pass.we only had the battery amps at 1000...lol...on the last pass, just trying to get it down the track! i giggle just thinking about 1800 amps. when it kinda hooked it was staight and smooth....and FAST! with a gear change and some asphalt in front of me this would go way over the 200mph mark! 6450 rpm @ 140mph...motors are good for way more...hehehe...chip who...lol

dice23
29 August 2011, 1944
i have all the videos up on my utube channel and facebook page...kinda hurts to type ...so done for today...lol ...back to work tomarrow ...this is going to suck...ouch!

EVcycle
29 August 2011, 2014
From one drag guy to another, take your time to heal.... the track will be there....it always is.

Allen_okc
30 August 2011, 0659
it looked like a dam good run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F2eICeoC4k&feature=player_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMLX1Vybj-c&feature=player_profilepage

dice23
30 August 2011, 1449
this was a really weird track...right at the en there was a sixty yard gap from the concrete wall end and guardrail begining? damn...if i missed by a foot or so...was at least a twenty foot drop off! but...the gap was a road that went across and thats where a gust must have caused me to make a right hand turn? mechanicaly there is nothing that we could find. i'm so crazy about just making this go a to b with some traction...hehehe...thanks for posting those allen...lmao...i was just going to do it...still think i got something for chip...1 mile...start to finish...anyone?

dice23
03 September 2011, 0825
so...one week since hand was broken up a bit...swelling is way down and looking much better.i try and grab the bars every day...lol...stiches come out next week. time to fine tune the pred for the next outing.

Skeezmour
03 September 2011, 0845
Glad to hear your recovering well. Can't wait to hear you got into the 8's.

Go get em dice.

(bet your street bike is going to ROCK!)

DaveAK
03 September 2011, 1006
"Broken up a bit". Said like a true racer. :D

dice23
08 September 2011, 0625
i'm selling two of the batterys in the predator,or both as one pack? they are standard in size to the prius. i paid $500 for each...and would like to get 400 out of each.they have just a few runs on them and are low mile packs! they can be broke down and re-configured into lower voltage blocks. anyone interested? 315-727-2699

Lawlessind
24 October 2011, 0422
Ever since the wall encounter at Thompson Dragway in Cleveland last month Jeff "Dice" Disinger and I have been wanting to get the Predator drag bike back to the track. Yesterday it finally happened. We decided to meet in Rochester, NY at Empire Dragway for their last race of the season. Dice was sporting almost healed fingers, new gloves, and Predator a new drag slick.
It took all day to get in just 4 runs but Dice was the last guy down the track for the season with an 8.60 @ 144 MPH. Other runs were 11.15, 9.36, 8.96. The most impressive part of the day for me was that we never had time to bump the current up above 60% and even with only 259 volts split in series on the motors, the GE's were still pulling like crazy. That and the fact that the antique Godzilla Serial # 7 ran flawlessly and is still cranking out records. If I can talk Jeff into some wheelie bars and bump up the current level on the Godzilla, this will be a solid 7 second bike. all that with a battery that weighs 20lbs less than my Golden Retriever.

Nice riding Jeff and Thanks to the whole team that came out, supported, and made
it possible.

Shawn Lawless

Skeezmour
24 October 2011, 0642
That is SO SO COOL! Congradulations. I'm looking forward to also having a special Zilla in one of my bikes soon. Should be a blast!

We are all so proud. Thanks Shawn for the update.

electriKAT
24 October 2011, 0654
That's got to be a satisfying way to end the season. Congratulations!

seanece
24 October 2011, 0806
Congrads Shawn!

DaveAK
24 October 2011, 0830
Thanks for the update Shawn! And congratulations to Jeff!

dice23
24 October 2011, 1236
with the monkey off my back i can now look forward to some real fun again. it has been painful...no pun intended...sitting around. not that the new bike is'nt keeping us busy,but...after the rail got my hand all i thought about was making this bike run! knowing that i have a bike that can run these STUPID FAST numbers with only 1200 amps is just silly. shawn is just the man! with all the help for my crew, nicky,ryan,and ed it just came together awesome! it was such a smooth pass at half track i was giggling like a school girl because i knew i was on a solid pass! 8.60 really made my year! not sure if i will update just yet due to the new bike. really looking forward to trying my hand in the ECTA ring. hope to have some videos up soon,no wheelies this time...lol...man i love to carry the wheel down the track. special thanks out to shawn for all of that LAWLESS POWER!

Nuts & Volts
24 October 2011, 1805
Thats so awesome Jeff, nice work. Looking forward to seeing what you have cooking :)

Any details on the batteries the predator has now that you're allowed to share :D please haha

dice23
25 October 2011, 0531
there are some videos up on my facebook page...jeff disinger... not sure how to post them up here? both of the 8 second passes are up!

teddillard
25 October 2011, 0543
Here's the 8.60@143MPH run:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gWH5H0muVUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dice23
25 October 2011, 0833
thanks ted, my main computer is down and i only have a really old crappy one to work with.

dice23
31 October 2011, 1444
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL! kids are gonna go get me some candy tonight!lmao

DaveAK
31 October 2011, 1528
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL! kids are gonna go get me some candy tonight!lmao
Going to let them wear your helmet? :D

dice23
01 November 2011, 0829
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgreen.autoblog.com%2F2011%2F1 1%2F01%2Fpredator-electric-motorcycle-sets-new-record-with-rc-aircraft-ba%2F&h=IAQEvM7LBAQEeBwDIrmwa0y68wgKnkHWv4PUxIMY9cviq7w

teddillard
01 November 2011, 0847
ya beat me! :D LOVIN the RC "toy" batteries!!!

dice23
06 December 2011, 0620
ok...been a bit...i have been busy as hell,just not with the toys.my father has had brain surgery to remove a tumor and it has taken most of my spare time up...go figure. so far things are going very well. so, now thanks to shawn lawless and ron adamowicz and the new controller from evnetics i will get back to work on this new bike. with all of the lipo this is sure to spank more than a few ICE bikes this year! i'm sure of one thing...it will be fast...lmao!

electriKAT
06 December 2011, 0934
Glad to hear you're still at it Dice. And sorry to hear about your father. Heal well...

Allen_okc
06 December 2011, 1018
i can pretty much bet on your bike being awesome looking as well as fast...

i say that, because your like me - you love detail and your an artist...

dont forget those photos...

dice23
28 February 2012, 1822
277727782779 not really sure what to call this project/bike yet...lol. this is only one of the lexan boxes going in the bike. a total of 32 in each box. 296v nominal ...a special thanks to methods over at endless sphere for the hook-up on the hv/lv boards and jumpers! www.methtek.com is the man! i will start getting some photos of the bike as it goes together this week. if all goes well this will be the fastest street legal ev out there?

liveforphysics
28 February 2012, 1932
Beautiful! I agree with you too, Methods at Methtek is is the man. Badass dude making badass stuff that helps the electric revolution happen on anyone budget. I wouldn't have the job in the EV battery development work field if it weren't for him showing me the light.

Allen_okc
29 February 2012, 0812
those rc hobby king batteries have been proven to put out the punch where needed, drag racers are starting to use them...

but i'll bet everything that Dice knows what he is doing...

:D cant wait for the photos brother...

dice23
02 March 2012, 1848
http://youtu.be/vHrAPnMBsHQ new bike running on 12 volts testing motor/running gear. can't wait to put 333 volts...sooon!

Skeezmour
03 March 2012, 0111
Soon it will stalk the streets......poor poor ICE bikes.... :)

electriKAT
05 March 2012, 0711
Congratulations! It's hard to believe that's only 12V.

dice23
05 March 2012, 0804
282228232824282228232824 here are the finished boxes! 333v ...hope this will make my bike go over 50mph? hope to have this in the bike tonight so i can start wiring. had to order a new shock as the nitrogen canister was hitting the motor bracket...oops. the motor is still running on 12v breaking in brushes. i let it run for a couple hours at a time then let it cool for a bit. i will try and keep up with the pics as it happens.

Allen_okc
05 March 2012, 0818
:cool: looking awesome Dice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHrAPnMBsHQ&feature=youtu.be

dice23
05 April 2012, 0552
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C0nJoQE5Rjg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> ok...my buddy nicky jumped the gun and got the tire test before me...lol. still have to mount the tail section and mount some gauges....260mph gps that is! had a dream...lmao...the name was and now is the ELECTRACUTIONER! the bigger news is...i'm traveling to arizona for a heads up race with the KILLACYCLE! the PREDATOR will be carrying more lithium than ever! 296v...and hope to leave with a 7 second pass and a new A/2 record. special thanks goes out to SHAWN LAWLESS once again for making this happen! bob oldfather for putting this show on and my friends and crew...ed tucker and nick julian,ryan elderbroom. without there help i would never have made it this far. this should be one of the fastest side by side EV race in world history! hey ted...wtf...lol.

electriKAT
05 April 2012, 0835
Dude, my neck hurts!

Electracutioner looks great. And I love the name. Good luck in Tucson. We need video.

billmi
05 April 2012, 0909
Nice! Looking forward to the results!

Allen_okc
06 April 2012, 0709
:cool: Awesome Dice, would definitely love to see that race between you and the killacycle...

;) it looks like your about ready to start riding your new machine, Congratulations...

Lawlessind
06 April 2012, 0742
296 volts of lipo, a 2k zilla, 2 ge 7.5" motors are headed to az next week to meet up with kc.

And the dice man cometh !!!

electriKAT
06 April 2012, 0914
You should add one thing to your list; a clean change of underwear!

Skeezmour
06 April 2012, 1202
296 volts of lipo, a 2k zilla, 2 ge 7.5" motors are headed to az next week to meet up with kc.

And the dice man cometh !!!

So jealous that everyone else from work is going and I'm going to hold the fort down here. You guys have an awesome time.

dice23
06 April 2012, 1345
change my shorts...lmao...hell no...turn it up! i dont mind being the second fastest ev bike in the world next to shawn lawless /larry mcbride...lol. should have some good stories for all when this one is over. next couple of days will be just crazy trying to get everything all together. not looking forward to this marathon drive.

dice23
12 May 2012, 2025
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBvbCu8HPs0&list=UUAfZlgLcZmyJT_UKm3T6WMg&index=1&feature=plcp i will get more up as i go

Allen_okc
14 May 2012, 0643
I always love these videos, keep em coming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBvbCu8HPs0&list=UUAfZlgLcZmyJT_UKm3T6WMg&index=1&feature=plcp

dice23
05 July 2012, 1859
I always love these videos, keep em coming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBvbCu8HPs0&list=UUAfZlgLcZmyJT_UKm3T6WMg&index=1&feature=plcp

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/templates/fast1320_z1.aspx?articleid=7724&zoneid=33

teddillard
06 July 2012, 0148
Awesome story, man! Congrats!

...on and on the "Spouse: Ashley" part? BIG CONGRATS! :D

dice23
06 July 2012, 0620
Awesome story, man! Congrats!

...on and on the "Spouse: Ashley" part? BIG CONGRATS! :D

thanks ted...lol...saturday is the wedding.then back to racing! hope to have ALL of my toys at the power of DC this year...the predator...electracutioner...and the four wheeled beast will be back to tear those tesla's up! aug 4th i think is what is the date?

electriKAT
06 July 2012, 0759
Last time I talked to Chip he was still working out the details for PoDC. It's hard to schedule because *everything* has to line up. I think the drag strip is pretty easy, but we have to get the mall parking lot and the SCCA on the same weekend.

EDIT Just got confirmation from Chip; the drag racing part is August 4. But the autocross will be a different weekend. I think this will be the first time we've split the event. It's not a big deal for locals, but out of towners aren't likely to come twice. Too bad.

What is this "four wheeled beast" of which you speak? Are you working on another EV?

Congratulations on the nuptials.

dice23
06 July 2012, 0915
i have a toy that should be just nasty fast for that weeend...lol...and it has four wheels! i think i will have both bikes and i WILL be upping my records if the track will hold it? both bikes will be at 296 nominal...one motor against the twins. i will check with chip to see whats up...god knows i'm broke as hell and the sooner it gets set the better. this may be the last runs of the year with the pred so i really need to get it done! i hope to go to willmington,ohio for the ECTA event in sept with the street bike. hope to see everyone soon.

electriKAT
06 July 2012, 0923
Drag portion is definitely set. And I'll be there cheering you on.

Is your toy the dune buggy you brought last time?

I have a four wheeled EV of my own that I'll probably bring, but I'm not going to race it.

dice23
06 July 2012, 1855
yes it is kind of the same...lol...it will have a full body by then and it now has the gearing,motor,and some sticky hoosiers. it will crush most anything i have driven. brakes are the weak spot for now....oh i forgot the nast little 148 volt lipo pack...lol. it did weight in at 500lbs. i will be very unhappy if they split the events up. i have been waiting for a year to get back and tear it up...wtf...i'm gonna kick some ass...lol. may be a deal breaker for me to show at all?

dice23
29 August 2012, 1852
ok..so the ELECTRACUTIONER is up and just nasty again! been holding off with this one due to a busy summer and next to no funds..lmao! just put it on the road today and i will get some video up soon as my new i phone4 is beyond my abilities right now...lol. when i get this out i'm going to just smoke smoke the **** out out of this thing because i'm just tired of slow crap...lol. my gps will tell me what i need to know very soon and i will hope that my batteries hold up..lol. this 7.5 motor is just nasty and if my testing is right...nobodys got nothing for this thing. hope to get this elmoto out of the garage and whooping some ice ass soon. been allllllll summer long since i've been out...and i'm a little pissed about not going fast for the past few months. sooo...i promise a few videos within the next few days of some speeds to last a while! street stuff down i-81 at i'm thinking of 150+mph! got a few buddy's with bmw 1000r's that are just trying to show me up...lmao. it's up to me to lead the way..and i'm sure as hell ready to get it on! i have a new on-board camera to test out this action..sooo i hope to be able to show all whats up soon...stay tuned..i'm on it and mad as hell..lmao! dice

dice23
29 August 2012, 1903
and by the way...lol...my kart...that is over the 700lbs mark will just crush any thing out there...lmao. its only @ 148 v any just as freaking fast as you can imagine. wish i had video of ed driving it tonight! wow..it is just so ****ing fast you would pee..lol. i hope to get the end of the year done like i started it...fast..with a few records! video to follow soon! sorry i have not been up here this summer...hope to bring some **** back to all soon! dice

Allen_okc
30 August 2012, 0607
:cool: Tear the competition a new arse hole Dice - Rock On...

dice23
01 September 2012, 1625
just got back from my first street legal ride on the electracutioner. i can say without a doubt...nobody's got nothin' for this boy...lmao. it's turned down and thats still only 1000 amps of soliton 1 from EVNETICS. i was barely touching the throttle when i noticed i was going 78mph....sooo...lets see what quarter throttle will do? 118.6 on my gps before i came up on some cars...lol. i'm thinking that 150 plus will come and go pretty quick. if it all holds up over this week i will get it out to the drag strip and see what the 1/4 has in store for times? i just need to go 10.68 is what i think mission did this year on there bike? correct me if i'm wrong and i think they had really high voltage ...300 plus?. i did video this...lol...so it DID happen! i will try and get it on here tonight. dice

Skeezmour
01 September 2012, 1639
You big tease.....Sounds like lots of fun! :)

dice23
01 September 2012, 1647
the video just came up on my facebook page...jeff disinger...if anyone is interested?...lmao...it is kind of boring for me...i promise that the highway runs will get it on! i will have to send my new gps unit back to get fixed. my new gpr stabalizer should be here late next week also. i hope to run this in ohio at the ECTA event later this month...28-29th i think? hope to set the bar high for a street bike!

dice23
03 September 2012, 0539

dice23
03 September 2012, 0547
35783579358035813582 sorry i have not kept up on this build as it has been a crazy summer. the projects were pushed aside to get other things done first which ment no racing for me. sooo, i plan on going to the ECTA in ohio this month...28-29th i think? anyone else going to this event?

dice23
04 September 2012, 1706
is anyone going to the ECTA throttle nation shoot-out in ohio sept 29-30th?

Nuts & Volts
04 September 2012, 1818
I will try to attend one of the days. I'm not going to compete, but some of my friends might have a low voltage machine ready to run. I will try to bring my bike up as well.

Probably would be Sunday...can't miss Buckeye Football on Saturday!

lugnut
02 October 2012, 0554
is anyone going to the ECTA throttle nation shoot-out in ohio sept 29-30th?

So did you run fast in Ohio?

Allen_okc
02 October 2012, 0637
:D i hate you i hate you i hate you Dice - cant wait to see the custom paint on your new motorcycle, cause i know it will be awesome!!!

dice23
04 October 2012, 0605
so my thrashing to get the bike done came up a little short...lol. with no testing i just threw the bike in the trailer and drove to ohio.the people there were great and the vehicles were just as cool to check out. the 2 plus hour wait to make a pass just sucked though! the first pass was up to 130mph when the belt drive started slipping. then the controller shut off. simple change in a setting and a test drive showed the belt issue. we had a jackshaft assembly that was poorly set up. so, i figured if i just ease it out we will be ok. nope...lmao...same thing and same speed. it was only going to take so much i guess,then the timing went down and speed...lol...i was only going 120mph. the bike will go way over the goal mark of 150mph with ease. now i'm just a little pissed off and that will be my motivation to come out swinging for the next run! 36553656365736583659

Allen_okc
04 October 2012, 0715
Dang It - now i really do hate you, man i am really frikin jealous - Dice the bike looks totally awesome, Good Job...

dice23
04 October 2012, 1025
paint is far from done...lol. the only graphics are on the front fairing so far,when i get the bike back to my shop i will finish it up with a few nasty bitches doing really bad stuff...lmao! i only had three days to do bodywork,paint,graphics and clear. not to mention re-assemble the entire bike! due to lack of funds and way to many toys,this bike was put on hold all summer and then i just thrashed it together. i have very little to do to make this right. all of my on-board cameras are still in my trailer in ohio,not even sure what came out? so as soon as it gets back here i will try and post a few videos.

Allen_okc
04 October 2012, 1052
:cool: it still looks Bad Ass!!!

Frank
04 October 2012, 1408
Hey Dice,

Do you have a build-thread somewhere on this bike? Is that twin motors (GE's?) on the swingarm? Where's the jackshaft? Just curious, looking for ideas for my next build.

thanks,
Frank

yankee1919
04 October 2012, 2141
Hello Dice23,
Awesome bike!
Do you have any stats?
Tony
L.A.

Allen_okc
05 October 2012, 0508
im gonna take a guess here - i imagine one motor is for low end take off and the other is for the top end very high speeds...

dice23
05 October 2012, 0643
lol...this is a single 7.5 ge with a soliton1 controller 1000amp. what your seeing is the jackshaft...outer primary...it will go back to chain soon. there are a lot of batteries in this bike. 296 nominal 335 seems to be charged. it is a zx6 kawasaki based chassis with a custom 10" over arm. the battery boxes are 148v run in series.i might try and take one out and see if it still goes fast? it is very nimble up at speed,better than i thought it would be for sure. like any project...this has taken me a few steps back in order to go forward.i'm pretty sure we got this thing very close and when i have the time and money i will just kill it. this is the cheapest fast ev for sure...lots of left-overs and used stuff all made to look good and fast. the predator will be getting some work to prep for spring racing...maybe a 6 second pass in the future?

Frank
05 October 2012, 0833
Do you have a closeup pic of the jackshaft? Did you use it because the motor would have stuck out too far on the right side w/o it?

Skeezmour
05 October 2012, 0841
Do you have a closeup pic of the jackshaft? Did you use it because the motor would have stuck out too far on the right side w/o it?

Post #211 in this thread has a video that shows the jackshaft.