PDA

View Full Version : Changing light bulbs - today's chuckle

Richard230
20 December 2010, 1623
I picked this up off of another forum. I think there is a grain of truth here :D :

How many motorcycle forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” …

another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 People to post “I can’t see S$%^!” and their own light bulbs

7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”

13 to say “do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn’t the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over agai

frodus
20 December 2010, 1736
hahaha, love it!

Skeezmour
20 December 2010, 1823
I picked this up off of another forum. I think there is a grain of truth here :D :

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 People to post “I can’t see S$%^!” and their own light bulbs

7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

13 to say “do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn’t the brightest bulb.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over agai

Me too :)

My wife told me to do it!

Square Wave
21 December 2010, 0441
log outsettingsmy profilenotifications

no new messagesinboxwelcome, square wave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.home forum
groupsmy albums friends & contactsmember listchat room forum actions
mark forums read general settings edit profile quick links
subscribed threadsopen contacts popupview site leaders who's onlinechat room .chat room blogsclassifiedswhat's new?gallery album gallerypicture gallerylatest albumsmy albumsadd album. Advanced searchforumwelcomegeneralchanging light bulbs - today's chuckle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ reply to thread
results 1 to 3 of 3 thread: Changing light bulbs - today's chuckle share
share on facebook tweet this! 0diggsdiggview first unread thread tools
show printable versionemail this page…subscribe to this thread… search thread
advanced search
rate this thread
current rating excellent good average bad terrible display
linear modeswitch to hybrid modeswitch to threaded mode12 hours ago #1 richard230
view profile view forum posts private message view blog entries view articles add as contact send email

i picked this up off of another forum. I think there is a grain of truth here :

5 people to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 people to post “i can’t see s$%^!” and their own light bulbs

7 to post url’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the url’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected url’s

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “me too”

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that george w. Isn’t the brightest bulb.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over agai reply reply with quote promote to article blog this post .
10 hours ago #2 frodus
view profile view forum posts private message view blog entries visit homepage view articles add as contact send email

electrical engineer

www.evfr.net
www.manzanitamicro.com
www.elithion.com reply reply with quote promote to article blog this post .
10 hours ago #3 skeezmour
view profile view forum posts private message view blog entries view articles add as contact send email

i picked this up off of another forum. I think there is a grain of truth here :

5 people to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 people to post “i can’t see s$%^!” and their own light bulbs

7 to post url’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the url’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected url’s

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “me too”

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that george w. Isn’t the brightest bulb.

me too

my wife told me to do it! Reply reply with quote promote to article blog this post .
+ reply to thread
quick navigation general top
site areassettingsprivate messagessubscriptionswho's onlinesearch forumsforums homeforumswelcome come on in...the latest electric motorcycle newstell us about your projectfriends of elmoto.netgeneralthe bikes brammoelectric motorsportkillacyclektmlawless industrieslightning motorsmavizenmission motorsmotoczyszosetroehrquantyazero motorcyclesthe partshow to: Batteriescontrollersmotorsschematicsracingevents ttxgptt zeroall other eventsalternative energyentertainment tv / moviessafetyclassifieds vbulletin message. Cancel changes
errorsthe following errors occurred with your submission.okay
quick reply

. Show your signature . Posting quick reply - please wait
.« previous thread | next thread » tags for this thread
add / edit tags
none
view tag cloud

bookmarksbookmarks
digg del.icio.us stumbleupon google