PDA

View Full Version : The countdown begins tomorrow.

DaveAK
21 December 2010, 0942
Winter solstice today, which can only mean the days are getting longer. If all goes well our road should be clear to ride on by May. (This ain't SoCal MFers!)

BaldBruce
21 December 2010, 0946
And I thought my wait til March was bad........

DaveAK
21 December 2010, 1010
And I thought my wait til March was bad........
Yeah, sucks doesn't it? I reckon the actual roads will be clear and dry enough to ride on mid-April, but it takes at least another two weeks before I could safely ride out to them. Still, once we're in to the new year I'll feel the end is in sight!

teddillard
21 December 2010, 1013
no wonder you're such a cranky old ****

DaveAK
21 December 2010, 1014
no wonder you're such a cranky old ****
Hey, what can I say? We had such a ****ty rainy summer that cabin fever started early this season. :D

__Tango
21 December 2010, 1301
Winter solstice today, which can only mean the days are getting longer. If all goes well our road should be clear to ride on by May. (This ain't SoCal MFers!)

I ain't in SoCal, but we should be ready to ride somewhat earlier than may. In Northern cal, the leaves change color, but usually in late nov/early dec, and the buds start appearing in early Jan. Some of the leaves fall off of the trees because the new leaves push them off. :-P

DaveAK
21 December 2010, 1303
I ain't in SoCal, but we should be ready to ride somewhat earlier than may. In Northern cal, the leaves change color, but usually in late nov/early dec, and the buds start appearing in early Jan. Some of the leaves fall off of the trees because the new leaves push them off. :-P
Just you be careful I don't come down there and push your new Leaf off a cliff. :mad:

chef
21 December 2010, 1450
71 deg dry & sunny in Austin. Took the bike out for a spin, felt good to get back in the saddle. We'll have a cold snap again but for now it's surprisingly nice weather.

DaveAK
23 February 2011, 1046
News from the Last Frontier. It's getting light in the mornings now. Adding about 5 minutes a day of sunlight. Still below zero fahrenheit though.

I've got six weeks to get my bike complete, (or at least ready for the road). There's hope yet!

DaveAK
23 March 2011, 0925
In to the home stretch. Breakup is just about starting. Probably another 2-3 weeks before 90% of the roads are clear and dry. A week or two after that before I can get to those roads on my bike. Still got a few remaining things to take care of on the bike, but it will be ready on time. I could frankenride it right now, if only my driveway was clear.

DaveAK
16 April 2011, 1539
May 9th is when I should have my license. :D Just got a call from the Harley shop to say they've drawn up the schedule. If we finish early enough on the 9th then I should have time to hightail it over to the DMV.

larryrose11
17 April 2011, 0539
Congrats!!!