cycleguy
18 January 2011, 2014
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/mission-r-chassis-photos-james-parker/

DaveAK
18 January 2011, 2040
Now that's what we want to see!!

cycleguy
18 January 2011, 2143
It looks to me like the frame needs to be split in half to remove the battery pack as evidenced by the billet aluminum steering head frame tube slip joints.

Nuts & Volts
18 January 2011, 2235
HOT DAMN! Thats the good stuff right there.

And it looks like 5 or 6 bolts come off and that middle battery tray will slide right up. That steering head has a vertical surface for that tray to come up and out.

Skeezmour
18 January 2011, 2342
Said it once I'll say it again. Sure is beautiful! Can't wait to see it on the track.

Richard230
19 January 2011, 0850
The Mission One looks very much hand built and very expensive. I hope they can find enough buyers for the bike to make all that work worthwhile. Just looking at the remaining space in the chassis, after installing the motor, drive system and electrical equipment, it is hard to figure out how there is enough room left to fit in enough batteries to power the motor, while providing the proposed range. They must be using some very energy-dense and expensive batteries.

jazclrint
19 January 2011, 1502
Richard, Mission has stated they have no intent on selling this bike. This is all to show the world what they can do so they can sell their drivetrain technology. Now, it may lead to a street bike, but not right now.

Richard230
19 January 2011, 1548
Richard, Mission has stated they have no intent on selling this bike. This is all to show the world what they can do so they can sell their drivetrain technology. Now, it may lead to a street bike, but not right now.

I knew that, but I would still be interested in seeing how the batteries were fitted into the bike. They may be just trying to sell the technology, but they still need a running bike to demonstrate how their equipment works better than others'. Just making a pretty bike (which there is no question that it is) is not going to impress investors or companies who want to license their technology. It has to run and run well.

harlan
19 January 2011, 1610
The Mission One looks very much hand built and very expensive. I hope they can find enough buyers for the bike to make all that work worthwhile. Just looking at the remaining space in the chassis, after installing the motor, drive system and electrical equipment, it is hard to figure out how there is enough room left to fit in enough batteries to power the motor, while providing the proposed range. They must be using some very energy-dense and expensive batteries.

Not sure what the Mission R is using, but judging from the bright red letters on the tank, I'd guess the Mission One is using EIG Batteries. :)
http://www.electricbikee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mission-one-electric-speed-bike.jpg

jazclrint
19 January 2011, 1636
@Richard230. We'll see at the TTXGP this year. Personally, I can't wait.

Richard230
19 January 2011, 1648
@Richard230. We'll see at the TTXGP this year. Personally, I can't wait.

It has been a long time coming.

chef
19 January 2011, 1906
Really like the layout of the frame. Lotsa space for batteries! Let's hope there will be more EV-targeted motorcycle frames. I can imagine some funky designs with the primary goal of increasing battery space.