PDA

View Full Version : What was the weirdest/best reaction that you've gotten?

Lionstrike
05 February 2011, 0912
I work for a Pennsylvania University and they've got a salvage shop nearby. So I visited it the other day and I found some bolts and parts and other odds and ends that I thought that I could use. The people at the counter looked at me oddly, as they had no idea what the bundle of parts that I had could possibly be used for.

"So... wow... what's all this for?"

"...Oh... it's a project that I am working on."

"O.k..... that'll be $10.60."

[I say nothing]

"I suppose that I don't even want to know what project your working on do I?"

[I pause for a second, debating on whether or not I want to tell them about the madness which has been my EV experience. And then, eventually I decide that they wouldn't believe me anyway and it'd be at least worth a laugh. ]

"I am building a motorcycle with an electric motor."

[An odd blank stare followed that must have lasted a full five seconds. It was almost cartoonish. Two people behind her who were having a conversation stopped mid sentence and also had the same blank look. I might as well have told them that I was building the first full scale model fully functioning Starship Enterprise.]

"......"

"Yeah, seriously. Well..... o.k., See ya.

But I think Tony's picture of the cop with the puzzled look was priceless.

EVcycle
05 February 2011, 0945
We asked it we could top off the charge at a local charity car/bike show. "Will that thing make my electric meter spin out of control if you plug it in? "

The standard comment and this last guy was very serious.... "If you put a alternator (generator) on it you could drive it forever...."

Them - "Interesting motorcycle, what kind it is?" Me-"It is electric" Them - "Yes, that color it very electric........." (followed by my blank start at them)

Lionstrike
05 February 2011, 1022
LOL!

Blank stares are the best!

Coninsan
05 February 2011, 1146
I must admit I havn't ridden the bike, it is still in production, but I have already got the stare a few times.

the best being when was at the bank to pay the customs fee on my batteries:

Bank lady "What can I do for you today?"
Me "I need to pay this" I hand her some papers.
She looks over the papers and type some stuff into her computer. To break the monotony of her day she asks casually: "So, what are you paying for this time?"
Obviously this isn't my first visit with strange bills.
Me "It's for some batteries I bought recently for my motorcycle project"
She looks pussled by the rather large customs fee and gives me a blank stare for a second or two, trying to figure out what this is about.
Me again "I am building an electric motorcycle.."
She contrinues to stare at me for a few seconds. Then turns to her computer. "That must be fun"

Brammofan
05 February 2011, 1541
Standard Missouri response: "Ah bet you hafta have an awful long stension cord. . . ahilk, ahilk, ahilk!"
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kPwFvUVenpM/TAyC2zwDPSI/AAAAAAAA0jA/ZTulYjrKSfM/s1600/redneck2009.jpg

Lionstrike
06 February 2011, 0946
OMG! LOL! That's horrible.

Tony Coiro
06 February 2011, 1052
But I think Tony's picture of the cop with the puzzled look was priceless.

For those of you who haven't seen it:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs333.ash2/61348_1471590987533_1166370261_31179542_3452034_n. jpg

Three squad cars, could only get one and the unmarked in the photo.

Fun quotes
Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me: Actually, I have no idea.
Cop: Your taillight is out. What kind of motorcycle is this?
Me: It's a 1978 Suzuki GS550.
*Cop stares at me*
Me: Well, I mean I made some modifications.....

*Second squad car arrives*
Cop 2: And what were you doing?
Me: I was doing science, sir.

teddillard
06 February 2011, 1246
^
best line to evade arrest, evah.

__Tango
06 February 2011, 1309
For those of you who haven't seen it..

Tony, this was definitely worth repeating. Though, in all seriousness (well, as serious as things get here on elmoto), was that the only thing that they wrote you up for? I'm wondering if there were any other "violations" considering you've got wires EVERYWHERE. :)

Tony Coiro
06 February 2011, 2032
Well, it turned out after further inspection my tail light wasn't even out, it was just too dim. They looked at it for a good 20-30 minutes and eventually just said something along the lines of have good work, have fun and stay safe. No violations but they did give me a warning that next time they would give me a warning if I didn't make my tail light brighter. :D Frankly, I'm 90% sure I got pulled over just because it's so unusual. Most fun I've ever had being pulled over.

Lionstrike
07 February 2011, 0721
^^ This is EPIC.