PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite electric forum?

Krazy_Jap_BIker
19 February 2011, 0648
Hi all,
I thought I would ask this? What are people's favorite forum and why? For me I like elmoto.net because the people here are willing to push the envelope in the performance end of ebikes. Evalbum.com seems to be more mass consumer "everyone should have a 60mile range smart car in the driveway" kind of thinking?
I thought it would be cool to compose a list of ev sights like how Ted mentioned skidamo's blog the other day. -Krazy

Harold in CR
19 February 2011, 0808
I'm slowly learning Electric Drives, so, I go to THIS forum, ELMOTO, Endless-Sphere, and DIYElectriccar forums.

It's an all around education of NEW technologies, EBikes and Motos, and larger cars-pickups and motor-controller-battery designs for larger vehicles.

Nuts & Volts
19 February 2011, 1212
I second the 3 sites Harold mentioned above. Great stuff on all three.

BaldBruce
19 February 2011, 1217
I haunt alot of them, but this one is the best! I like EValbum for generating ideas.....

Had to quit the Yahoo ThunderSky forum because of Jack and all the bickering, name calling and just plane wrong information flowing coninuously. EVTV has to be the worst......

magicsmoke
19 February 2011, 1222
Motorcycle tips and techniques
http://www.msgroup.org/forums/mtt/

Whilst not electric, a great all round forum without focussing on specific models.

Skeezmour
19 February 2011, 1533
I haunt alot of them, but this one is the best! I like EValbum for generating ideas.....

Had to quit the Yahoo ThunderSky forum because of Jack and all the bickering, name calling and just plane wrong information flowing coninuously. EVTV has to be the worst......

Imagine how we feel since alot of the junk being said is aimed at my boss, then they have the nerve to call and ask for us to sponsor equipment for his give away. Silly stuff.

I also like the group very much....even the ones that test me at times I appreciate the overall good will of this forum.

ZoomSmith
19 February 2011, 1830
I care very little about cars, scooters or electric bicycles, so this is my primary EV hangout. Good bunch of folks with sharp senses of humor, and little tolerance for baloney.

frodus
22 February 2011, 1008
www.electricmotorcycleforum.com
www.elmoto.net
www.diyelectriccar.com
www.endless-sphere.com

Others are:
www.ecomodder.com
www.visforvoltage.com
www.rcgroups.com (more for battery/charging/testing info)

and other non-electric I go on:
www.vfrdiscussion.com
www.vfrworld.com

listserves:
EVDL and NEDRA

dice23
24 February 2011, 0803
ELMOTO RULES! the only one visit

Krazy_Jap_BIker
24 February 2011, 1515
thanks guys!

magicsmoke
24 February 2011, 1535
One more for you Krazy_Jap
http://evtech.org/

It's a bit fiddly to get subscribed, and the user interface when you do is rubbish, but it's a very active forum focussed on the tech side of EVs

Rob

ElMotoMike
24 February 2011, 1620
For those of you who listed ElMoto... I love you guys (in a manly way), but you also need to remember that it is YOU, not me, who makes this site. I am just the monkey who barely knows how to run it.

For those of you who DIDN'T say ElMoto... clearly the first round is on me in order to change your minds. :cool:

In all seriousness, I appreciate that you all are adult enough to behave and settle differences reasonably, as well as all the policing you all do. It really helps a lot. Oh and if anyone is interested in becoming a moderator let me know. Between going back to college, work and all the movie stuff I am doing I dont get on here nearly as much as I would like every day.

Now... what do we do with Ted?

teddillard
24 February 2011, 1716
aaaw, ya big lunk.

wait. what?

:p