Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KZ 550 Conversion

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Where are you located?
    I have no experience dealing with Alibaba and have heard it can be sketchy, but Im in USA and haven't used that type of battery, so I cant really comment.
    As far as lighting goes, plan on making a new 12 volt wire harness for all of the lights, horn and "ignition" switch. The 12 volt circuit will compliment and turn on the high voltage side of things.
    The batteries can be the last thing you buy, but it helps to decide what to go with for trying to plan how to throw it all together in the frame.
    I used Styrofoam and cardboard mock ups to try and design how to fit it.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in MD USA. I saw another thread where they got these. They seem to be popular but I just wanted someoneís blessing before buying them since Iíve already bought one thing that Iím returning. I need to be more patient lol

Trying to scope out controllers now but need to do more research. Not really sure what I should be looking for tbh

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys

Wanted to update you guys and get your input to see if I'm on the right track.
    What I have:
    *Me1008 DC motor (72V)
    *LiFePO4 3.2V 105AH (23 of them), going to wire in series
    *Fuse holder and ANN 300A fuse
    *emergency disconnect
    *magura twist throttle 0-5k potentiometer
    * off-on switch

Now, I believe these are the components I still need to buy. I just wanted to check with you guys before I purchased them, I don't think there's anything wrong with what I want here but a fresh set of eyes would be awesome
    Controller- Alltrax SR-72300 (plus a fan)
    Contactor- Albright SW180 72V
    Charger- Elcon TC 1500W PFC Charger for LiFePO4/Lithium- any suggestions besides this? Will this work?
    Dc-Dc converter- Any ideas?
    Rear + drive sprocket + chain
    Cycle Analyst

Am I missing anything? Any input?

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Did you share a link for the batts? You probably will want to use a BMS with that chemistry. Nissan Leaf cells are pretty stable and ok to balance manually without a BMS, but these cells I don't know if its a good idea
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Stevo,

Here is a link to the batteries I got: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3e762fc2HmoF40

It sounds like I would want a BMS with these just due to the fact that I have so many cells and they all need individual attention. I'm still trying to source charger as well. Any recommendations for either?

I just bought a Kelly dc converter 40-100V input to 13.5V 30A output. Should be good?

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    I haven't used any Kelly products, so maybe someone else will let you know, but 30 amps is plenty to run your lights, especially if you switch them over to LED's
    I'm very satisfied with my Thunderstruck BMS https://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/bms/
    I haven't had too much luck with chargers so I made my own using 2 Mean Well power supplies wired in series. These have been very reliable.https://www.trcelectronics.com/mean-...1af146f038fda0 more specifically https://www.trcelectronics.com/View/...-1500-48.shtml
    Last edited by Stevo; 4 Weeks Ago at 0845.
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Question guys. I am trying to wire my magura twist grip throttle now onto my 72300 alltrax controller. In the diagram Generic Wiring Permanent Magnet with no reverse it is showing that J4 and J5 connections are for the throttle. White onto J4 and Black onto J5. I'm confused because the wiring for magura is blue = potentiometer max, brown is the wiper and black is potentiometer zero. How do I wire these? Judging from the diagram I would put the black wire onto J5, and Brown onto j4?

One last question. For connecting the battery terminals I was going to use ring connections with 4 gauge wire. For a lot of other stuff I was going to use 16 gauge wire. Is that too small or should i try and go with 14 or 12 gauge?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by ericreese20; 3 Weeks Ago at 1936.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12