Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kelly KLS96601-8080I with contactor

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly KLS96601-8080I with contactor

For Sale: $1050
    Kelly KLS96601-8080I and ME0913 Motor. Comes with gigavac GX14BA Contactor, It all was used for one year(800mi) before I saved up for a sevcon. All Clean
    24-96V 600A Brushless Motor Controller (actual usable voltage is 18-120VDC)
    Comes with Serial Adapter and Bluetooth adapter.
    Has all mating connectors and crimp pins. I had ordered 2 sets when I bought it so you get the set I never Used.
    The Kelly is very easy to install and get running. The controller had motor Auto Identify so you don't even need to enter all the PID parameters, it figures it out.
    Being able to change settings with my phone over bluetooth is nice.
    free shipping in US now.

Here is a link to a similar one for sale with all the features.
    http://evcomponents.com/controllers/...ontroller.html
    Stock Image, but looks the same.
    kls8080i_1_1_1_1.jpg
    Last edited by cmcnall; 1 Week Ago at 0941.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been considering this controller and the sevcon gen4 size 6 and recently fund the sevcon gen5 s7 and s9.

what made you want to upgrade? any issues with the controller or anything you didn't like?

specs on your ELmoto?

thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to upgrade when frodus got a group buy on Gen4 size 6.
    The Kelly was great, worked immediately from turn on and had no problem getting me up to 95 mph on the highway.
    However the lure of more off the line torque and a torque throttle vs speed throttle made me decide to try a move to sevcon.

It has been 6 months now of playing with programming the sevcon and I will say that it is frustrating,(hair pulling?) even with frodus's great help and suggestions.
    I am still trying to get it to be as stable the kelly and while i am still tuning the PID settings I am not yet having any better acceleration. At this point for me though the thought of going back to the kelly after all the re-wiring I did seems like too much work.

I am an engineer with a pretty strong electro/mechanical background so I am willing to put in the long hours to eventually make it work how I want. If you just want it to work right away however I found the kelly to be much easier.

So:
    Pros for the Kelly: Turn Key install, Auto tune motor parameters, easy to use app to change settings, stable, less expensive.
    Cons: Speed throttle vs torque throttle( didn't really bother me), equivalent start torque to a 350CC motorbike. that's about it.

As for my bike I am running a 96V chevy Volt pack with a ME0913 Motor.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcnall View Post
    I wanted to upgrade when frodus got a group buy on Gen4 size 6.
    The Kelly was great, worked immediately from turn on and had no problem getting me up to 95 mph on the highway.
    However the lure of more off the line torque and a torque throttle vs speed throttle made me decide to try a move to sevcon.

It has been 6 months now of playing with programming the sevcon and I will say that it is frustrating,(hair pulling?) even with frodus's great help and suggestions.
    I am still trying to get it to be as stable the kelly and while i am still tuning the PID settings I am not yet having any better acceleration. At this point for me though the thought of going back to the kelly after all the re-wiring I did seems like too much work.

I am an engineer with a pretty strong electro/mechanical background so I am willing to put in the long hours to eventually make it work how I want. If you just want it to work right away however I found the kelly to be much easier.

So:
    Pros for the Kelly: Turn Key install, Auto tune motor parameters, easy to use app to change settings, stable, less expensive.
    Cons: Speed throttle vs torque throttle( didn't really bother me), equivalent start torque to a 350CC motorbike. that's about it.

As for my bike I am running a 96V chevy Volt pack with a ME0913 Motor.
    Charles,
    email me, I haven't heard from you in a while. Lets take a peak at the file you're using. You shouldn't need to change the PID settings.... but maybe the max torque is turned down low.

Post Thanks / Like
    Price drop $650
    Free shipping in US now also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Updating this with the matching motor for sale now also.
    $1050 shipped(USA) if you are elsewhere I can calculate shipping.
    Thanks