Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motenergy ME1507 motor

Post Thanks / Like

Motenergy ME1507 motor

Hello,

Does anyone on here have experience with the ME1507 motor? It looks nice and the specifications sound pretty decent. I am guessing that it was released fairly recently because I cannot find much information on it and no US sellers seem to stock it. I am hoping that it could be purchased directly from Motenergy or one of their distributors.

Also, what are some economical and also some 'performance' controllers that could be used with the motor? I assume that Sevcon Gen4 would be the economical choice. Are there any other good options?

Thank you.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Supposedly Alltrax is developing one. Sevcon gen4 is probably your best and only current choice. However, you may want to consider this motor instead:https://evmc2.wordpress.com/2014/01/...ic-motorsport/
    Original build: http://vorworxemc.wix.com/vorworx
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Both motors are made by Motenergy Electric Motorsport just private labels it and sells as a package. I think the 1507 is a newer, larger motor.

For controller: I honestly wouldn't go anywhere but Sevcon for a controller. I bet there's files available for the Sevcon to use on the 1507. Tuning these is a pain in the butt, so using a different controller and you start from scratch. Also, make sure you see if you can get the motor and controller as a matched pair from the get-go. It'll save you time and money. If not, make sure you get a Sevcon that has a compatible input for the encoder type on the 1507.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know, thank you.

Motenergy actually emailed me back and stated that either a Sevcon or a Kelly controller could be used with the motor, and that the Kelly may be easier to setup. Although I have read mixed feedback on Kelly controllers.

As for the liquid cooled motors, the performance is nice, but to me one of the main appeals of electric vehicles is not having to deal with any fluids when tinkering with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely Sevcon, I have the 1507 and a Gen4 Size 6 matched. I have not connected it up though. The Kelly is easy to program but it is not OEM grade.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Where did you get the matched motor/controller from? Just hoping maybe we can point him there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely interested where you had it matched. Electricmotorsport.com, perhaps?

I would certainly prefer the Sevcon but I have read that it can be overwhelming to program, especially for a beginner. I would not want to brick a brand new controller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frodus View Post
    Where did you get the matched motor/controller from? Just hoping maybe we can point him there.
    Unfortunately I cannot reveal my source. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    Definitely interested where you had it matched. Electricmotorsport.com, perhaps?

I would certainly prefer the Sevcon but I have read that it can be overwhelming to program, especially for a beginner. I would not want to brick a brand new controller.
    There is a lot of help online, I was apprehensive at first but with time like most things it gets easier.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Matej,
    I'll see if i can find the sevcon file for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast