Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DR-EVe Project

Post Thanks / Like

DR-EVe Project

DR-EVe Project is my first electric conversion. My donor frame is a dr-650 1998... with the nice purple frame!!!

My goal is to build a light nice unique looking bike with great tork/speed (120km/h) able to run around 70km.

I want to make it like a pro and safe!

Here is a picture of my donor the day I bought it and today..
    dr650.jpgWIN_20170123_21_20_25_Pro.jpg

My motor is a water cooled enertrac MHM602 as show on the picture.

I thinking about building my own 4,8KWh battery pack from 18650 li-ion cell... like samsung 30Q or LG HG2... 4 modules en serie of 10S12P cells..

All your comments or questions is welcome,

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be a great conversion! I'm just finishing my Fazer with the Enertrac 602 LQ motor. What controller are you planning on using?
    Good luck!
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MIke, I just read your post tread on the conversion of your great Fazer! Really looking forward to know on how final results!!

I already have my controler that a buy used for a good price. A kelly KHB14601. A bit overkill wt 600A, but better more than less...
    I heard that there are some cogging issues at low speed.. Hope isn't so bad!
    How running yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had heard the same with the KHB controllers, I'm using the kls which is supposed to stop that. I have still only run the motor with the bike up on the paddock stand and it is very smooth.
    One thing I did notice was the brake disk rotor was running out of true, it was neither flat or running centrally. I contacted Enertrac as the rotor mount was machined off centre and they have sent me a new rotor and mount. Also chech that the spacer on the water coupling side does not touch the couplings when the wheel bolt is in, if it does, make some clearance or it will break the coupling.
    Just have my bodywork to paint now but weather is way too cold!
    Will be following your build with great interest!
    Cheers,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    In my case, the only problem I got were the c-clamp for the tork arm were too small, Marc send me another one no charge the next day!! : ) I like to see some pictures of your water cooled setup.. which pump did you buy

Post Thanks / Like
    These are the items I used for my cooling:
    12V Alphacool Laing D5 Vario Pump VPP655
    Magicool G2 SLIM 240mm Radiator (MC-G2240S
    XSPC Ion Reservoir - Black (XS-IONRES-BLK)
    I also have a LCD Temp Gauge plugged into the Reservoir.

I also just found this Meter on Aliexpress:
    Intelligent Amp Hour Meters HB404 Top Quality Red Digital LCD Display ECPC404 Battery Testers Meter for Lithium Batteries

It was like $55 delivered and it arrived in the UK within 2 weeks - I've wired it up to the shunt on the Kelly and it works great. I was cheap enough but looks well built, but at that price it is no great shakes if it doesn't last.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working to temporary wiring up the motor and controller together to do some bench test.. By the way i considerer my self as a newbies in electrical field!!

I got a issue when I was looking for wiring up the temperature sensor.... Enertrac shema have different information then kelly.. here a sceen shot..

I ask Marc form enertrac and he tell me that a need to add the resistor and to use the the thermoresistor form kelly KTY84-130..

So does I replace the resistor 1k by the thermoristor kelly or I need both and how wiring it??

termo sensor shema.jpg