Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hacks... Aka sidecar with function

Post Thanks / Like

Hacks... Aka sidecar with function

I've seen someone who thought to put a ICE drive into a sidecar. I thought about a second battery pack and/or a small generator as a range extender/charging option. I wonder if any are feasible?
    I would think putting a powered wheel on a sidecar would drive strangely and could even be on the dangerous side. Maybe with the 2 wheel drive of some of the Urals, but they weigh a tonne.

Has anyone tried any of these ideas with a sidecar?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to build an electric version of a WASP. I use to race MX sidecars back in my 20's!!!Ahhhhh the good ol' days!!
    5703065516_9d8b8d1bca.jpg

There is so much space on the side for batteries. I think it would be awesome!!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/FileanielWillemsenHighJump.JPG#/media/FileanielWillemsenHighJump.JPG
    Last edited by Stevo; 16 March 2018 at 1142.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

3. Likes Spaceweasel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I would love to build an electric version of a WASP. I use to race MX sidecars back in my 20's!!!Ahhhhh the good ol' days!!
    5703065516_9d8b8d1bca.jpg

There is so much space on the side for batteries. I think it would be awesome!!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/FileanielWillemsenHighJump.JPG#/media/FileanielWillemsenHighJump.JPG
    I'm thinking that wouldn't need any electrics in it, or would you need to add battery capacity?
    The problem i see there is your chair really needs to be light.
    So you drove those.. wow.
    How do you find someone to ride in the car? 'oh, it's just like racing a sailboat.' at 50 miles per hour, with other bikes right by your head. Awesome looking, but no way in hell I'd ride in the chair. Watch a video of it... Of the three accidents they showed, only one sidecar rider walked away. Looked cool though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually these have no "chair". We passengers stand and only sit briefly side saddle behind our driver on the driver's seat, just for making that side turn. They come in lefties or righties. The passenger is responsible for keeping the hack level when airborne and for hanging his ass out for the hack side turns! These are fun,fast and exciting to watch on outdoor tracks... not so much for the arena cross type tracks.
    It's a huge sport in Europe. Here in America, very rare. Az and Ca are the only two states that have teams.
    Last edited by Stevo; 17 March 2018 at 1224.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2