Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hey all!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all!

Hi everyone - been lurking around for a while, gathering information and stray parts for my first build!

I've got my 1999 Honda CR125frame that used to carry a CR500 engine for the roller, and am planning a ME1115 w/ Sevcon controller for powertrain. I'm working on batteries - have several different types of EV LiPo packs to play with, need to settle on the right configuration for power and capacity vs. space.

Mechanical engineer by trade, and I work for an auto OEM - calibration and data acquisition, specifically CAN protocols and sensor logging are my specialty.

The avatar pic is my legacy project / toy, 2005 Hayabusa with a homebuilt turbo kit. The things you build when you're single...

When I get rolling on my build, I'll start a thread for it - until then, thank you all for the information I've gleaned already -appreciate it!

2. Likes Nicman liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and I look forward to your future project. It's good to have someone here with your unique skillset, hopefully you can help some of us with all of this new CAN BUS tech coming our way!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Having owned a Yamaha SRX600 since new, the Big Thumper thing is something I can relate to!

Sounds like a cool project - I'm in the process of trying to deal with a pack built out of those Sony vape batteries. It's kind of got me over a barrel, but the amps those things put our are amazing. Keep us posted, I'll be interested to see what you end up with!

13906676_10210563955714630_5857380271672944397_n.jpg
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 1 Week Ago at 1317.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

5. Likes Nicman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A new project or will these be available for the public? Always on the hunt for good batteries.

(Sorry for the hijack)

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    You can find them online - but this is a pack for my bike, adapted from a pack given to me... SONY 18650 VTC6 3000MAH 30A 3.7V https://www.ebay.com/i/302760144287?chn=ps

(sorry... did that answer your question?)
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 1 Week Ago at 1714.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see your project. Cheers!