Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Sun 300-1774

Post Thanks / Like

Sun 300-1774

Hey guys

I just bought two of these power supplies for only 25 bucks each.
    They run in 220v but gets stepped down to 48v and 67.5amps DC. There is an adjustable pot up to 12 extra volts.
    I plan on putting two in series to to get
    117.6 v and limit the current to 42 amps.

I'm not sure about the pin connector on the back but I think it's worth the risk to get s 3kw charger for $50 total.

I've seen the HP ESP-120 used as a off board charger and plan on doing something similar with these.

What do you think? Any clues about the pin connector? I'd like to hook this up to a J1772 if possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    I had some that used a different connector, but something along those lines. They may need some of them connected together to enable the power supply. Also, it looks like that's where it gets it's AC. Might see if you can solder or connect to the pins on the inside of the supply instead.

3. Likes Spaceweasel liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The price is right for sure. Keep us posted on this!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    These two just arrived. I don't have time to look at them but I will this weekend.

Also, I can't do anything until I get 220 in the garage. Either way I win. If these can be slightly adjusted to charge to ~117.6V or maybe even adjustable voltage that'd be a huge win. Or I can run some 48v packs separately charged then connect them in series when not charging. Too many ideas floating around in here.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a bad idea that I've considered more than once. Having multiple packs is great cause you'd always have a full tank waiting for you in the garage. What's stopping me on that idea is why spend the money on twice the battery? What cells are you using?
    Do you have software that controls the charger? My Meanwells have a voltage output pot easily accessed at the back of their case. Yours looks like the v output adjustment is more challenging unless one of those screws on the exposed green circuit board is the v pot (or the lone phillips head screw in the corner?). Great deal on the price... nice find. Congrats. Looking forward to watching your build progress!
    Last edited by Stevo; 08 September 2018 at 0049.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

Inside pictures

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yyf...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VOV...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pM5...w?usp=drivesdk

Quote Originally Posted by Nicman View Post
    These two just arrived. I don't have time to look at them but I will this weekend.

Also, I can't do anything until I get 220 in the garage. Either way I win. If these can be slightly adjusted to charge to ~117.6V or maybe even adjustable voltage that'd be a huge win. Or I can run some 48v packs separately charged then connect them in series when not charging. Too many ideas floating around in here.