Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: ARC Vector

Post Thanks / Like

ARC Vector

So this one came in completely under my radar:

https://www.ourroadis.com/

The Arc Vector.

Had the distinct pleasure of getting to see it in the flesh at Motorcycle live in the UK on Wednesday.

It
    Is
    Gorgeous!!

I just missed out on getting to chat with the main man, so there were a lot of technical questions which I couldn't get answers to, but I still got a good picture of the tech all the same.

It's a 100kW powerplant with a 16kWh Samsung 18650 based pack.
    It has CCS charging compatibility and claims 85Nm of torque and a top speed of 200km/h in a 220kg package.
    Hub steering, fully adjustable Ohlins, Brembo, and a everything structural is carbon fiber composite (wheels, chassis, swingarm*s*)

No acceleration declarations yet, apparently it's undergoing track testing at present.
    Interestingly they're not actively cooling the pack which I think is a little daring given the power this thing can put down, and the fact that it can be fast charged to boot.

The jewel in the crown though is the helmet.
    The Helmet is both the 'key' and the instrument cluster - which is on a frikkin' HUD built into it, along with a rear view camera!

90k when they become available in 2020, deposits are being taken, and they're only going to make 399 of them (which apparently is a reference to the pack voltage)

...I want one soo badly right now!

High res images available here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yCy9e2L4WrDsEuQS8
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Ted Dillard, Stevo, Spaceweasel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    An interesting looking motorcycle design, but that bike's rider "layout" looks to be something that the Spanish Inquisition would appreciate - but not me.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Showing your age there Richard.

It's a similar layout aesthetically to the Ariel ace; but (and conceding that I didn't get to sit on it) the actual ergonomics look more akin to any modern superbike in terms of both the arse-to-wrist vertical offset, and the position of the footpegs - so yes, hard on the wrists at low speeds. Also very little by way of 'purchase' for your knees so if any of these do actually wind up in the hands of a competent rider, I could see some sort of grip features getting added on there for the sake of control whilst making progress in the twisties.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The website shows 0-60 in just over 3 seconds (WOW) but doesn't specify a curb weight (curious to know what it weighs)..
    That thing looks amazing! Nice find...thanks for sharing!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    220kg Stevo. So quite light for what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interview with the main man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4fi0mt82dw

9. Likes Stevo liked this post