Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: My electric Polaris ATV conversion

Post Thanks / Like

My electric Polaris ATV conversion

Hello all,

Thought I would send out a link to my ATV project that was recently added to EValbum (http://www.evalbum.com/4539). I completed the conversion about a year ago and had been slowly putting together a longer description of the conversion on my blog site with many more pictures and information, but I keep getting side tracked on getting it done so thought I would throw up a page on EValbum for now. Reading all the info here on elmoto and over at EVDL was very helpful for this project.

This was my first conversion and I am very happy with the results. I am still making small changes like most conversions. Next up may be a car conversion for a daily driver, but with all the new electric cars that are coming out I am not sure if I would still bother with a regular conversion. I will more likely do something sporty or unique rather than just something to get around in.

Stuart

2. Likes Richard230, EVcycle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a cool setup. I have ridden some crazy ATV conversions and they are a BLAST!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Stuart. I love the belt to the transmission - very clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomSmith View Post
    Nice work Stuart. I love the belt to the transmission - very clean.
    Thanks. I actually had a 1:1 chain drive (#50 chain) at first but after a few drives decided to switch to this belt drive. The chain was noisy relative to the rest of the machine, and I also found that running the motor at high rpms caused most of lubrication to be flung off. The belt drive has roughly the same power rating as #50 chain, is quieter, and requires no lubrication. The only downside was the greater cost, but well worth it in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info Stuart!!
    How much did you spend on this project?
    Conponents you used can fit in a polaris 850?