Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A new Aussie Electric Bike fan

Post Thanks / Like

A new Aussie Electric Bike fan

Good evening all.

First up, I'm Paddy Charlton-O'Shea. The rules said I had to post within a week or I'd be auto ejected (which would kinda suck) so this is my 'getting to know ya' post.

I've wanted to build an electric bike for quite a while, but since I had a bit of a stack that ruined a Hayabusa and left me unable to swing a spanner for a bit I had had to put it on the back burner.

My imagination has thrown up a tonne of ideas in the mean time, from an electric 'Busa - which would be awesome but hard to get both range and fun - to an electric assist tilting quad pushbike.

Now I'm back in the saddle, both figuratively and a new 'Busa, and ready to make sparks fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Aesonique. Keep us informed as your plans to electrify your Hayabusa jell. The size of that bike should give you lots of options. But it won't be easy.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Busa is one of my favourite chassis for a conversion - acres of space and a stunning, fully faired, wrapper.

Shall be watching with interest - welcome aboard!