Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: More electric scooters

Post Thanks / Like

More electric scooters

It seems like auto and motorcycle companies, as well as others, are really embracing electric scooters. I guess that is because they provide more of a blank canvas for their styling efforts. But I wonder how big the market is for these small, low power, scooters? It would seem like they would only be useful in a city, but most cities accommodate and encourage bicycle riders more than scooter riders and most have decent public transportation systems. Plus, not only is a bicycle less expensive than a scooter, it is much easier to secure your bicycle and to bring it into your residence for safekeeping when you are not using it. While I appreciate these innovative electric scooters, I just don't think they are very practical: http://cleanrider.com/mini-city-surfer-concept/
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is correct that the majority would prefer an e-bicycle rather than something bigger like a scooter, an e-bike is significantly smaller and easier to handle and store.. However, some swear by the use of scooters and find them more comfortable with all the hassle of handling them in terms of size not to mention that you probably need your own parking space or a private house for storing one. I actually have a neighbor that has one of those toys and he uses it for shopping purposes mostly but he is an older man and I can't imagine him riding a bike. The models you showed are probable more high end and they are really beautiful but there's simpler solutions like these: https://scooters.co.il/

Post Thanks / Like
    Any of this stuff put out at auto shows, by car companies, is greenwashing. They now that none of their customers will ever actually buy these, and if they were foolish enough to pay a premium for a bike or scooter with their car's logo, it would sit in the garage gathering dust, next to the 1980's Nordictrack.

4. Likes Richard230 liked this post