Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 1983 Honda Nighthawk Conversion

Post Thanks / Like

1983 Honda Nighthawk Conversion

Hey guys! I've been transitioning to a new career and have had very little time to update or even work on the current project, but someone saw my bike and a flyer I put out to convert and he donated a running 82 nighthawk!
    The sissy bar and bag tray on the back may be great for hauling groceries or camping gear? Or maybe it's more room for batteries. If I ended up going with batteries, I'd be around 22kwh! I'll hold off for now until the 600 is built, but this gives me so many ideas and options for a completely new type of elmoto for me. Updates next year....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I saw the title of your build, I couldn't believe that a Honda Nighhawk engine could actually die. But then I read that it is still running. Why not take the engine out and put it in a motorboat or go-cart? You can't let an old Nighthawk engine go to waste.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    When I saw the title of your build, I couldn't believe that a Honda Nighhawk engine could actually die. But then I read that it is still running. Why not take the engine out and put it in a motorboat or go-cart? You can't let an old Nighthawk engine go to waste.
    It's all going for sale to finance the bike.

And my excited self didn't notice the thread title 1983. Yep, it's a 1982. I was told the last year they did the chain drive. Too busy to look it up.

I'm not sure I'll be putting the motor on a boat (don't have one) or a kart (don't have one) but it's good to hear that they have a cult following. I know next to nothing about motorcycle mechanics aside from.the general understanding of IC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk