Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BMS grades / types / categories

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used the Signalab V2 BMS. Works extremely well with my 48v20ah Headway pack, I have about 80 cycles so far and the cells all balance within 2-3 minutes of each other. Well made, simple (schematics on net), and inexpensive. On my next project I plan to use the Mini BMS system, very well engineered and I like that I can mount it on Calb cells.
    2003 Ninja 250EX, Agni #95R, 6:1 Gearing, 11 Leaf Modules.
    Alltrax SPM72400, 400 amp Controller, all LED lighting
    2014 CRF450X Supermoto
    http://www.evalbum.com/1955
    http://www.evalbum.com/3337

o_O
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frodus View Post
    let me know and I can give the feedback to Davide.....
    The first thing I noticed is that the descriptions of each BMS category are peppered throughout the page at the top of each table. I had to page up & down dozens of times reading the descriptions trying to figure out what the differences were and remembering what was what. Not so easy when their terminology is less than intuitive. Revisiting the site a week later, I had to re-read the descriptions and learn the terminology all over again. An easy change would be to move the definitions together up towards the top of the page.
    Upon re-review, there is a table at the top of their page that basically summarizes the categories. Some descriptions are ambiguous though... "Requests that battery be switched off".. is that charger HVC or controller LVC or both? That's one of the things I waded through the document for. Don't mean to knock their work. They've obviously spent alot of time gathering information, plotting graphs and putting it online and I'm appreciative of that.

DRZ400 : Thanks for the heads up on the Signalab. Do you have a link for it? A quick Google search turned up some posts on endless-sphere and other misc sites but nothing describing it in detail.
    Last edited by chef; 21 March 2011 at 2349.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an update that we are about to start testing our next entry into the BMS market on my bike. It will be a 12 channel BMS with all the same features as our current MK3x8 with one exception. Much lower balancing current, this allows us to bring the costs WAY down. With the smaller AH packs that are used in e-bikes and elmotos we are confident that it will be a great fit. I have been testing for some time a lower disapation MK3x8 setup on my EXR1.0 32ah headway pack with great results so far. I will post more about it soon but I think the pricepoint should put as about the cheapest most feature rich and flexible BMS on the market. As always the products will be produced and supported right here in Washington State.

Updates soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234