Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zeros leaked

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeezmour View Post
    ... is still incorect at the ...
    Should we hold you to the same standards of grammar, Skeez?

Anyway, I'm fairly certain he knows the difference...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddillard View Post
    Should we hold you to the same standards of grammar, Skeez?

Anyway, I'm fairly certain he knows the difference...
    He sure does.
    Last edited by Skeezmour; 09 November 2011 at 0921.

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeezmour View Post
    Of course I should be held to the same standards. Difference is I'm not being paid to write. My spelling sucks and spell check doesn't like me right now

I just see this same error over and over again. Makes me wonder if they really do know the difference.
    Well, Jensen isn't "being paid" to write, actually, in the sense that he's basically a blogger who works his ass off and has built the site up to the point where it does, in fact, pay his bills. The key is, it's just him, and he doesn't have an editor.

Now, as a man who needs an editor, I can appreciate his hard work. When I send a story off to Home Power, for instance, I count on my editor, as well as a tech editor and a few other eyes seeing it before it goes out. It's nice to have that backup, and Jensen nor I do, on our sites. I can assure you he does know the difference, he's remarkably astute regarding electric motorcycling. I can, pretty much, also assure you that he put that post together in the wee hours of the morning with about two hours of sleep, so he probably slipped.

But if you feel the need to educate him, I'm sure he'd appreciate an email, he's very accessible.

The point is, he's trying his best, as are we all. Sorry if I sound defensive, but, well, I'm a little defensive about that.

Whatever. Yay for Zero. It does look like they're serious about being a real motorcycle company.
    Last edited by teddillard; 07 November 2011 at 1158.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly wanting to avoid the vaporware nomenclature thatís begun to plague rival Brammo, Zero Motorcycles has production set to start next month
    Ouch. That's gotta sting.

skadamo
    But if you feel the need to educate him, I'm sure he'd appreciate an email, he's very accessible.
    Yeah, Jensen knows his stuff. I emailed him yesterday about the kW vs kWh thing yesterday and he replied with...

Thanks John. Missed that one as I was getting on the plane.
    So yeah Ted, you pretty much nailed it. He was going from MotoGP at Valencia to EICMA. Rough life.

teddillard
    Just got this:

We are proud to introduce our game changing 2012 electric motorcycle line. Without question, this is the largest step anyone has ever taken in production electric motorcycle technology.

Here are just a few of the incredible new features:
    You can now ride up to 114 miles on a charge
    Revolutionary new battery technology will allow you to travel up to 308,000 miles on the original power pack
    All the street models let you ride without ever worrying about any routine powertrain maintenance (imagine that)
    Regenerative braking to maximize your range
    Top speeds of up to 88 mph and more power for each model
    Sophisticated and striking new design elements that give the lineup a new look that will draw eyes and conversations where ever you go

With the high level of anticipated demand for our 2012 model line, we want to give you a head start in placing your pre-order with a dealer near you. To see exciting new videos, photos, read about the new features and to reserve a 2012 model, please visit our website at the link below:
    http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

The entire lineup will be hitting dealerships this February. However, if you'd like to make this an early holiday present by placing a pre-order, we can send you a little something to unwrap.

...and thanks, John.
    Last edited by teddillard; 08 November 2011 at 0352.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got this:
    ......You can now ride up to 114 miles on a charge
    ...and thanks, John
    I like the looks of the model S. But 69 wh/mi ????? I guess they do say "up to" 114 miles.

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by skadamo View Post
    ... Rough life.
    Yeah. Dunno about you but "... writing on 40hrs with no sleep"* ain't my idea of any life. 'Course, I'm a bit older than he is... (... and air travel? Simply barbaric. Flinging people from continent to continent burning dinosaurs.)

*quote from his note to me

Post Thanks / Like
    I received the same message from Zero. The certainly are making some big claims, considering the performance of their current models. Right now I am getting a floating feeling as the vapor lifts my spirits - as I anxiously await the 2012 models to be shown, built, distributed, sold and tested by someone who is awake and sober. (Like Ted?)

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast