Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Energy Cover Up???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddillard View Post
    HA! I was thinking about all this free energy stuff and those aluminum collectors from Tesla and all... then it occurred to me. Hell, solar is a hell of a lot more "free" than any of that snake oil, even if it worked. It's pretty much perpetual, too, as far as I'm concerned... that is to say, when we run out, getting power is probably going to be the least of our problems.

I mean, Ed runs his bikes and car on free, perpetual power, right?
    Exactly. Solar is getting so cheap that it can actually compete with fossil fuels. Which is why it's now a target of big oil companies...witness the huge non-issue "scandal" over Solyndra.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddillard View Post
    Lifetime of power that does not have economic cost, yes.

Free (as in not requiring a source of fuel or energy input), perpetual energy, no.

Ed's panels capture energy produced by the fusion of hydrogen into helium. Just like the oil in the earth's crust will run out if we keep consuming it faster than it is produced, eventually the hydrogen in the sun will be used up. That's expected to happen about 7 billion years from now, but no worries if the cosmological models based on observation of other stars in our galaxy is correct, it will expand and destroy the earth before it cools down to the point that it stops radiating energy.
    Last edited by billmi; 22 November 2011 at 0601.
    Sensei - Electric Ninja 250

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by billmi View Post
    ... it will expand and destroy the earth before it cools down to the point that it stops radiating energy.
    Yeah, like I said, bigger problems...

jpanichella
    That's free enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    i found several examples of water engines - basically the engine does not run on water - but the hydrogen is pulled from the water while the engine is running, there for not requiring to drive around with a hydrogen bomb in your tank, just water... the plasma engine was an invention since the 1930's...

The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Post Thanks / Like
    the thing is im not in favor of engines that run on water - im in favor of EV's that use solar and wind charging stations... im in favor of getting my electric chopper running so i can demonstrate to the public that they dont have to burn gasoline every day just to get work...

as the white zombie said in his video - dont tell them to use electric vehicles, but show them they do have alternatives...

Post Thanks / Like
    Plasma propulsion wasn't invented in the '30, but rather in the '60s or '70, and they're completely useless for propelling any vehicle other than a spacecraft: they're immensely efficient but also relatively bulky and extremely weak.
    Furthermore, allen_okc, you haven't found examples of engines running on water, but one example of an engine running on hydrogen, and two pranks or scams. In the Netherland gas costs a little over $8 per gallon (€1,59 per liter) and nobody here is filling up with water - although I know some folks from TU Delft and have seen their student race car that runs on hydrogen (fuel cell converting hydrogen to electricity for their two Agni 95R).

Now, for many people, if they WANT to believe something, they will... many people would WANT to believe they could run their car without petrol cost, by using water and some magical machine or ingredient - thus it must be true, and some evil entity is just trying to cover up the "truth" (usually spelled with capitals and with lotsa exclamation marks).
    Physics don't lie; you cannot burn water. There is no free energy coverup because there is nothing there that can be covered up. But for anyone that thinks otherwise: I also happen to have some premium quality swamp for sale, only slightly more expensive because of its abundance of free energy :-)
    Jan S.
    "I'm a stream of noughts and crosses in your R.A.M"

Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to cheap motion, I prefer gravity. I just keep riding downhill and avoid going uphill. I hear this power system is referred to as "Mexican Overdrive" and was used a lot during the 1950's when there used to be a road race (I think it was sponsored by Mobil Oil) on real roads where cars tried to get the best fuel mileage in order to win the "race". That wasn't so easy as the cars of that time were made of real steel, instead of plastic, carbon fiber and plasma gas.

Post Thanks / Like
    i believe if its on the internet it must true...

Post Thanks / Like
    i hear the gravity theory works very well - but in oklahoma we call it georgia overdrive...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    When it comes to cheap motion, I prefer gravity. I just keep riding downhill and avoid going uphill. I hear this power system is referred to as "Mexican Overdrive" and was used a lot during the 1950's when there used to be a road race (I think it was sponsored by Mobil Oil) on real roads where cars tried to get the best fuel mileage in order to win the "race". That wasn't so easy as the cars of that time were made of real steel, instead of plastic, carbon fiber and plasma gas.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast