Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  23
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Transmissions. yeah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, like I said, it's about finding stuff later. Go on ES and look at threads that are 43 pages long, and cover 6 topics. I'm only saying this because I've spent a lot of time doing just that. My opinion, you want to talk about dual motors and thrash around ideas about that? Have a blast, on a Dual Motors vs Transmission Random Speculation thread. Then, old bastids like me can find them, if per chance someone actually comes to some conclusions that make sense.

Please do me a favor and stop trying to troll me out into this "discussion". Old Ted, new Ted, I left this forum for several very good reasons, and I'm starting to reconsider recently re-joining it.

...back to the peanut gallery. Done with this foolishness.
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 2 Weeks Ago at 1211.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    oh then, I tried

Post Thanks / Like
    27,000 views on this thread. wow.

I was waxing sentimental, and went back and started reading it again. This thread, mind you, was after months, if not years, of discussion, research, illustration, and actual attempts at proof of concept and use. Not to mention some very heated debate. Not at all an easy thing to manage, considering the nature of a forum and the internet.

In spite of all that, it was a great, respectful (for the most part) discussion, if not final conclusion, amongst people who were committed to building bikes. Funny story, that one guy, mechanic, was the one standout, typically pretty snarky and abrasive, and pretty opinionated. At one point the moderators tracked his IP, and it turned out it was coming from the office of one of the most talented and brilliant engineers/builders on the planet. Even with his snark, after that, the people who knew tended to at least try to understand his points.

Now we're in a much different time... and the transmission discussion has some real, actual testing and demonstration out there, as I've said before. Kinda cool.

What can I say? I'm a history nerd.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

4. Likes Richard230, Spaceweasel liked this post
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920