Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  14
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Suzuki Savage/RYCA CS-1 ecafe

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow mcf12 On Twitter
    Maker Faire in one week. Final tightening up....

DSC_0224.jpgDSC_0226.jpgDSC_0275.jpgDSC_0287.jpgDSC_0292.jpg

2. Likes Podbuilder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks sweet! Not much of a seat though!
    2003 Ninja 250EX, Agni #95R, 6:1 Gearing, 11 Leaf Modules.
    Alltrax SPM72400, 400 amp Controller, all LED lighting
    2014 CRF450X Supermoto
    http://www.evalbum.com/1955
    http://www.evalbum.com/3337

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow mcf12 On Twitter
    New leaf pack dry fit. would you rather have connectors on your right or left? I think left in case bike falls over on stand? Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great man! I would definitely put the terminals on the right. The motor wires are on the right, too.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow mcf12 On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeReal View Post
    Looks great man! I would definitely put the terminals on the right. The motor wires are on the right, too.
    Joe! How is your build coming? What are you thinking/learning about covering the cells? Trying to think of cool ways to wrap these for weather but keep the lines of the batts/the look of the alum exposed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcf12 View Post
    Joe! How is your build coming? What are you thinking/learning about covering the cells? Trying to think of cool ways to wrap these for weather but keep the lines of the batts/the look of the alum exposed...
    Honestly, I don't plan on covering the batteries. I really love being able to see the batteries. Here are a couple of my thoughts-

1. Back plate- I am going to put a plate on the back of the pack that protects it from rocks being kicked up from the front tire. Something lite, maybe aluminum.

2. Bottom plate- the bottom module is the lowest point of the bike. So, something heavy and rust resistant.

3. New spacers- the original spacers between each module are getting rust spots. I'm thinking some sort of composite. Hopefully I can find someone to cut them to shape.

4. Terminal cover- the terminals are facing the motor and only millimeters away from it, so I need something thin to protect them. No idea what I'm going to do there or how to mount it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow mcf12 On Twitter
    Joe, we are tracking. Same belief here in keeping uncovered. Agreed on steel or alum for plates. Will send you a sketch I made. I liked the milled plastic hugues did to cover his connectors. I'm thinking 3D print mine in translucent or clear plastic. The gel printers give the best clear results. I'm using the newer cells and do t think I've seen any rust but will keep a look out. You might consider an l shaped plate for bottom, front. Might add some rigidity and torsion instance vs alum and Stelle separate plates. That's where I am leaning. I'm also thinking about some pretty out there ideas for covering the battery holes, or doing something to cover water intrusion gaps. like maybe some leather straps like this

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt,

How is the new battery setup working for you? I have come to the same conclusion for the power system for my GS400 build. Are you nervous at all about the higher voltage on the controller/motor? As this would be my first electric conversion, I would like to hear your thoughts on a simple BMS for these Leaf cells. I am worried that I will do something stupid and ruin them. Also, what is your recommendation for a charger for these cells.

By the way, the bike is beautiful. Well done.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011