Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MotoCzysz 100+

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mugen is pretty awesome. In fairness, Mugen is basically Honda. They know a thing or two about motorcycles, and they've been working on the RC-E (and, reportedly, other electric motorcycle prototypes) for quite a while. In comparison, Motoczysz is a pretty small operation...and, unofficially I guess, they've set the first 100+ mph run.

From what I've read, Motoczysz has more power than Mugen (200 HP vs 120). Rumors are that Mugen went with more a more reliable and larger battery pack, betting on range to help them over power. Can anyone confirm this?

It's going to be a great contest.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add zikzak on Google+
    Excellent news !
    Waiting for some video recording of the bikes in action now

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if Mugen (Honda) get a win on the Island it was still MotoCzysz that cracked the ton first, oficially or unofficially so well done Motoczysz.

The small players have done most of the heavy lifting regarding elmoto development. TTZero, TTXGP and ePower have provided the platform and publicity on the tightest of budgets and you guys (elmoto, endless-sphere) have provided the research data. Honda just needed to lurk for a while, sit back, let it all happen and then dive in when it suited them. I imagine Honda have been developing electric drive trains for years but looking at the work that the small players have produced, are Honda really that far ahead? Unless McGuinness is sitting on board a flux capacitor or some other exotic secret elctrodrive tech then MotoCzysz can still get a win. In fact, I hope they do!
    Get your spanners out and start building those electric motorcycles...

4. Likes jonescg, Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit SplinterOz's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by zikzak View Post
    Excellent news !
    Waiting for some video recording of the bikes in action now
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital
    http://rgelectric.wordpress.com/

6. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by evmotorcycle View Post
    MotoCzysz that cracked the ton first, oficially or unofficially ...
    How does that work? The 100mph challenge, is it only during the actual racing? Has there been any official acknowledgement of the time?

...anyhoo, CONGRATS to MotoCzysz!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mugen with their alleged 20kwh pack versus Motoczysz with their 14kwh pack

The minute Mugen turn the power up from their one lap of testing Rutter won't see which way they went.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because the time was done during an official practice it is entered into the official TT data archive, but because it wasn't during a race it won't be recorded as 'race time' and no, doesn't qualify for the 100mph+ lap.
    Over the years there's been many fast ICE laps in practice that also haven't counted. FWIW, there's also been faster laps that were from some other landmark, e.g. Ramsey to Ramsey rather than Start / Finish. They also don't count

Rob
    Last edited by magicsmoke; 05 June 2012 at 0247.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12