Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  6
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Electric Hurricane - 1987 CBR600 F1 Conversion

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add furyphoto on Facebook
    Finally I feel like I'm making some progress.

I spent this week figuring out all of the suspension geometry, and getting the mounts cut off, lined up and tacked into their new places. It still needs to be fully welded when my go to welding guy gets a chance. But once that's out of the way steps to the first test ride should be faster than recent progress (or lack thereof).

Hooray!
    -Andrew

http://www.andrewdoran.com
    mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM
    My ICE Cafe Racer Project "My Precious" - 1983 Honda CM400 Classic

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add furyphoto on Facebook
    Lately I have been jonesing for some build updates on elmoto. But everytime I check in there isn't too much going on.
    Since it's been over a year since my last post in this thread is thought it was time for me to report back.

Unfortunately there is not too much to report on the elmoto project front. It has pretty much at the same place since the last post in this thread. It's not dead, its just that my life was flip turned upside down.

I am happy to report that I have been very, very busy on a different project. Last fall my wife and I sold our place and moved 1000km away and bought a 125 year old farmhouse on a small acreage. I have since been working pretty much full time on making it into our little piece of dream home. Full gut reno that I have been doing almost single handed. I won't blab on about it here, but if you are interested check out the blog at http://harrophouse.com

My new years resolution however is to carve out some time and get this thing on the road this summer. So help me out with some inspiration please, and post an update about your bike. Anything. Maybe some photos you took, or where you have been with it, or a build update.

Cheers!

-A
    -Andrew

http://www.andrewdoran.com
    mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM
    My ICE Cafe Racer Project "My Precious" - 1983 Honda CM400 Classic

3. Likes Arjay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dah - I was hoping to see an update on your project! I get it though - totally. And its right on 0C in my garage now, so the internet is much more appealing.

I was going to ask you a question then I answered it for myself, but I'll share anyway.

I'm thinking of a SSSA for my old Ninja - like so:
    IMG_8458.jpg

My question is/was around the rear sprocket, because with the stock 16" wheel, my bike was running a 64t sprocket for 5:1, and with the VFR750 swingarm I obviously can't go that big. I think (without getting too precise), I can get about 55t (it'd have to be custom made, obviously) on that swingarm, which with my existing 13t front sprocket would lower my ratio to 4.2:1, and I was wondering what you were going for, because you have a very similar constraint. I see here that you're going for a much lower ratio, probably because you've got more power than me with my ME0709.

I'm still not sure about the swingarm, but I've kinda got it 'lying around', and it'd be a nice addition. At the moment I'm delaying doing anything with it until I can convince myself that it makes sense from a practicality point of view - I don't want to sacrifice all my awesome off-the-line torque for looks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678