Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  18
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The ElMoto Dream Bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dillard View Post
    Yeah, my intention starting the thread was to see what all this group, with all it's talent and broad interests, could put together, and even what we considered "state of the art". So it's pretty subjective, right? I mean, you get more than three guys in a biker bar talking about what the best bike ever is, and you've got an evening's entertainment.
    That's the fun part!

I think one of the keys to understanding your goals for that exercise is in the word "superbike". Which is a different set of parameters from T Rush's record distance design. Which is different from my ideal street machine (which leans more towards the sport-touring end of the spectrum).

My personal ~doable~ specs seem to hover around 200 - but only if I convert to metric .
    200kg, 200kph, 200Nm, 200k range
    440lbs, 120mph, 150ft/lbs, 120 mile range

Hmm, looks like my current build is going over my weight budget. Time for a diet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    Sure if I was spec’ing out a bike today I would target 375/400lbs as my goal. 150-200kW, 12-15kWh.
    Holy crap. 200kW? The idea of riding a bike with 268hp in anything other than a straight line scares the bejezus out of me. Not that I wouldn't take a try, just saying that I might need to change trousers after...

3. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceweasel View Post

My personal ~doable~ specs seem to hover around 200 - but only if I convert to metric .
    200kg, 200kph, 200Nm, 200k range

ha, funny

when I first started researching what I could do with my Derbi conversion, I had the same idea! only using "100"

100kg bike weight (220lbs)
    100kph max speed (62mph)
    100k range (62 miles) or 100min run time in town

...then I tried working backwards from those specs; like what battery and motor could weigh low enough, run long enough, but have enough power to go fast enough
    so I guess that was my Dream ElMoto bike....I mean a bike like that would be super practical and usable

and yes, an e touring bike that could do 1700miles in 24hrs would be very special too

then an e supersport would be awesome

electro-cross, let me have a turn

eMotard? sign me up ...low seat eCruiser/chopper(like a HD V-Rod)yup, I'll take one of those too

...they can come in many different forms for different functions
    here, have a look at the most popular and iconic motorcycles
    https://gearpatrol.com/2013/08/27/50...c-motorcycles/ ...maybe the perfect elmoto is about like a Honda Super Cub?
    (hmm, did I not scroll enough? or just missed the touring bikes?)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122