Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  18
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: The ElMoto Dream Bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceweasel View Post
    Attachment 7561

55ah 420v Tesla drivetrain. Get it to run on the supercharger network and you've got it made!

(BTW I think the estimate for a LS-218 being able to run 200 for 15min is wildly optimistic. I'd put the over/under at less than 5. Although full aero would probably help. )
    ...and its yellow

I wish I clearly knew the the advantage(or difference) to high volts vs high amp hours; when it comes to a super dream bike....but I am new here, so dont beat me up too bad yet
    thought it was power vs run time ? or does it not exactly fit into the nut shell like that ?

yeah...the "200mph for less than 15min" calculation I posted was generous(but note that at that speed power use and thus recharge cycle, I only came up with a 66mph average for 24hrs) , and didn't factor in increasing resistance nor anything real world....easy round numbers, or ˝ factors of hours just make the maths nicer for me
    ...but, wow, thanks for reading my posts and finding those details, I'm sure its a challenge
    Last edited by T Rush; 12 March 2018 at 2336.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, good catch on the color. I keep forgetting that Ted had certain demands...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by T Rush View Post
    ...and its yellow

I wish I clearly knew the the advantage(or difference) to high volts vs high amp hours; when it comes to a super dream bike..
    Thank GOD it's YELLOW.

Um, not sure I can really explain this properly and simply, but basically with a motor capable of high voltage (remember, V = RPM), you have an optimum voltage range to get the power (torque and RPM) you need to get out of the motor. Sorry can't find the curves, but basically if you run a 700V capable motor at 100V, you might as well run a 100V motor. You run it at 700V, and you're going to get the power out of it that it's capable of.

So the voltage is more about the motor output, the AH is about your storage capacity. THEN of course there's your power output from your pack.

Sorry, tbh I haven't been following the thread too closely, but i saw YELLOW and had to chirp up.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    so what is the ElMoto Dream Bike,..as in: what does it do?

does it go 200mph

can it use a Tesla Supercharger

does the battery last longer than the rider

does it cost under $2000 to build

does it do 0~60 in under 2 sec

can you carry it up a flight of stairs

does it make your Wife happy

does it charge really fast

does it have auto pilot

can it keep you dry in the rain

...or does it just have it all, and is yellow
    I guess I didn't read the requirements(besides the yellow part)

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream BIG or go home
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Dream bike was basically what the latest Zero SR can do with a Diginow Supercharger to be honest.

Maybe 20% more power and a fairing and I’d say you have what we were originally wanting to create.

100kW
    450lb max
    30min 80% charge
    12kWh or so for 120mile city

Much sportier than the bikes with bags and trailers that y’all are describing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sporty at 450lbs??
    This is sporty at 377 lbs:
    2017-bmw-hpr-race.jpg
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Sporty at 450lbs??
    2017-bmw-hpr-race.jpg
    It ought to be light and sporty, considering how much BMW wants for that bike. Plus, the engine needs to be replaced every 5,000 miles at a cost of $15,000 (or was it $35,000? numbers like that are kind of hard to remember. )
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

9. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Sporty at 450lbs??
    2017-bmw-hpr-race.jpg
    Yea that one doesn’t have any batteries...
    Brammo/Victory TT bike’s weren’t light still plenty fast.

Sure if I was spec’ing out a bike today I would target 375/400lbs as my goal. 150-200kW, 12-15kWh.
    I was reiterating what the goals of this thread were since you guys were asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

11. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    Dream bike was basically what the latest Zero SR can do with a Diginow Supercharger to be honest.
    Yeah, my intention starting the thread was to see what all this group, with all it's talent and broad interests, could put together, and even what we considered "state of the art". So it's pretty subjective, right? I mean, you get more than three guys in a biker bar talking about what the best bike ever is, and you've got an evening's entertainment.

I love the performance of the Zero, but honestly, compared to the Energica I rode, it's nowhere near what I'd call a dream bike. I vote for lighter weight than the Energica (which I suspect is possible with the latest, greatest battery/motor tech) and handling that can take on almost anything on the track - thus the R1/CBR platform. I don't care about charging, or even range all that much. On a proper superbike, at my age, I'm not going to be able to sit on the thing more than about an hour anyway...
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast