Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TTXGP Drops Australia

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit SplinterOz's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by evmotorcycle View Post
    The Australian series needs more than just track time. It needs proper management and promotion.
    I totally agree with that. It will be interesting to see how Grant goes this year. I was wondering if you got a response to your email.
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital
    http://rgelectric.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

One of the real reason that Aussies are not in the deal is because (I believe) the Formula eXtreme guys are not affiliated with FIM. He production class here would be limited to Zeros and possibly the Catavolt as there is no Brammo dealer here.
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow electricracenews On Twitter
    Another factor has to do with the long term plans for the race class the new series will be focusing on. There is further announcements to come on that point.

A related issue would be whether MotoGP even goes to Australia? I don't know. For the Europe and North America schedules all the events will be in conjunction with other FIM events (MotoGP). Azhar told me on the phone the tracks had to be "homologated" which I took to mean had to be FIM certified in some way. Does this apply to any of the Australia tracks?

A related issue would be whether FX-Superbike as an organization is FIM affiliated or not.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by electricracenews View Post
    Another factor has to do with the long term plans for the race class the new series will be focusing on. There is further announcements to come on that point.

A related issue would be whether MotoGP even goes to Australia? I don't know. For the Europe and North America schedules all the events will be in conjunction with other FIM events (MotoGP). Azhar told me on the phone the tracks had to be "homologated" which I took to mean had to be FIM certified in some way. Does this apply to any of the Australia tracks?

A related issue would be whether FX-Superbike as an organization is FIM affiliated or not.
    MotoGP comes to Australia, hey race at Philip Island every year. There is also a racing body already affiliated with FIM with all the certification etc. It is just that at the time TTXGP was negotiating the large FIM group in Australia was not interested.
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    Not only does MotoGP attend PI, but so does World Superbikes.

Yes Jones, to race a prototype in the FIM's new championship in 2014 you will have to travel the world. Teams like MotoCzysz and Lightning have wanted this very thing. It is much easier to get sponsorship when you are going in front of giant crowds. If the FIM wants the series to work have a history of getting teams to races in their other series. I think their organizational abilities and resources are their biggest advantage (ie shipping company contracts (ie. low hassle battery shipping) and money). In 2014 the TTXGP will be "open sourcing" their eSuperStock class to any and all racing organizations that want it, AUS included. If the FX guys keep their series going it will most likely be the only national open class electric motorcycle racing in the world.

After this year there will be no national or continental open class championships here int he US. Just US rounds of the series. The more I think about it, the more skeptical I get. But the old way wasn't working and it's time to try more traditional means. The thing that has thrown me off is that I did not get in my original conversation with Azhar that the Championship would be on its own for 2015. I thought it was going to be a support class for MotoGP, which is Dorna's territory. I should have guessed, that would only last 2 years. 2 years. That's all we have to generate enough momentum to support our own full on world championship.

Can anyone help me get a work visa in Australia?
    Last edited by jazclrint; 07 March 2013 at 0056.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am meeting with the FX representative here in Australia next week to discuss possible avenues for media coverage. If evmotorcycle.org is to cover the 2013 event, sponsorship is required to cover prodution costs and potential broadcast fees.Hopefully the FX people will see the value in taking the Aus media coverage to the next level by allowing us to pursue a media sponsorship deal with third parties.
    Get your spanners out and start building those electric motorcycles...

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Ok so a quick update on how this season is looking....

eFXC 2013 Rounds:
    Rnd 1, 3rd – 5th May, Wakefield Park Raceway NSW eFXC 2 Races
    Rnd 2, 23rd – 25th August, Queensland Raceway Queensland, eFXC 2 Races
    Rnd 3, 4th – 6th October, Sydney Motorsport Park NSW eFXC 2 Races
    Rnd 4, 15th – 16th November, Sydney Motorsport Park NSW eFXC 1 Race

Bikes
    Daniel Ripperton has his converted R1 working with his quad stack (2 by dual stator motors) water cooled motors. This bike is ready and has been dyno'd at 100hp at the rear wheel.
    Jon Eggenhuizen (Catavolt Team) now has access to a dual motor hub from Enertrac that is water cooled. This should give 80kw (107hp) peak and 40kw (54hp) continuous.
    Varley Group have a converted R6 with an Ultramotive Carbon motor that has been dyno'd at approx 100hp.
    Chris Jones is working on his fully custom frame with a GKN Driveline Evo AF-140 motor. It may not be ready for the first two rounds. With a motor peak of 167kw (223hp) and continuous of 75kw (100hp). If Chris' battery pack and controller can do it this bike should fly.
    There is talk of a 5th bike but I have no details.

This year battery management will play a much larger role as the bikes consume more power per lap and start approaching lap times of the 400cc and 600cc ICE bikes.
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital

8. Likes jazclrint liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12