Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A bike called PowerBand - South Africa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone

I'm busy doing a motor spin test on 12 volts on my me1003 and I noticed that spinning in one direction is noticebly noisier than spinning in the oppisite direction.Is this because of the advanced brushes and should I use the motor in the noiser rotation direction once the motor is mounted in the bike or in the quieter spinning direction?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Motenergy replied saying that its due to the advanced timing and the motor favours a CCW rotation.Makes sense now.They said if you want CW, Motenergy can send info how to advance the brushes yourself for that.Just posting in case anyone else comes across this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about video orientation. This is a quick test of the main components working together.Really need a workbench haha

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found my donor chassis,its a 1992 FZR 250 Exup.I went for this chassis because of it still looking fairly modern as well as the electrical all still working,the chassis does need a little cleaning up/attention though but it seems minor.I also figured weight should be fairly low.I now need decide if I actually should keep the wiring because some of it belongs to components of the ICE (I could leave the wiring as is and remove things like connections to CDI and pumps etc) or should I rewire from scratch,what do most people do? Let me know what you think of the bike.

photo3.jpgphoto1.jpgphoto2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    DIY style

image.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123