Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mt. Washington Auto Road Alt Energy Summit - Sept 14/15 2013

teddillard

Mt. Washington Auto Road Alt Energy Summit - Sept 14/15 2013

The press guys finally came through and I can go public! Woohoo! We're re-booting the old Alternative Energy Regatta, the event that got me up Mt Washington last September to be the third electric motorcycle in history to climb the mountain. The first was Charlie MacArthur on a Corbin bike, the second was Mike Corbin himself - both in 1975. Both these guys are going to be there in Sept., along with some pretty exciting others who I can't really name yet. But I will soon.

Here's the official release:

“Mt. Washington Auto Road Alt Energy Summit” Event Will Showcase Full Spectrum of Both Mainstream and Newly Developed Alternative Energy Based Vehicles and Technologies on September 14-15, 2013 For Demonstrations and Drive Up Northeast’s Highest Peak

PINKHAM NOTCH, NH—Given that once experimental alternative energy technologies have now become mainstream, an event with a storied history on the Northeast’s highest peak is returning as the “Mt. Washington Auto Road Alt Energy Summit” on September 14-15, 2013. In this regard the Auto Road is continuing on its historic path as a proving and playground for new and evolving technologies.

Categories will include EV manufacturers, dealers, retailers, groups and associations, makers, inventors, developers, publications and related media, components/parts and services. Individuals and organizations with vehicles including cars, trucks motorcycles and bicycles or unique one-of-a-kind creations are also invited. An Energy Expo Exhibit area is planned, which will include vehicle manufacturers, related alternative energy businesses and historic vehicles which have ascended Mt. Washington by other than gas powered engines. Exhibits and information regarding other sustainable energy sources will also be featured, including hydro-electric, wind power, solar power and geo-thermal.

Event Director Ted Dillard has both a technical and practical understanding of alternative energy, as he both builds and rides electric motorcycles. “In the midst of the mid-‘70s “Energy Crisis”, a small group of inventors and visionaries formed a unique event with the Mount Washington Auto Road as it’s backdrop and proving ground,” Dillard observed. “As we move into the second decade of the 21st Century, we’re seeing many of those solutions become commonplace – nearly mainstream - in daily life. This event will celebrate those pioneers, re-affirm the Mount Washington Auto Road’s century-long commitment to responsible stewardship of public lands, and bring “Alternative Energy” solutions into the forefront of mainstream renewable energy. This event will be a landmark event in New Hampshire!” he added.

What to Expect:
    • Vendors, Dealers, and Manufacturers of Hybrid, Plug-In Hybrid, Plug-In Electric and Alternative Fuel vehicles showing some of the most remarkable vehicles available today – complete with test rides.
    • Information “roundtable” discussion sessions for homeowners, backyard inventors, public administrators, fleet managers and others on Renewable Energy solutions available today, and funding opportunities and resources.
    • Supplies, components, parts and systems for Renewable Energy systems for homes, businesses and vehicles.
    • Exhibits of unique, creative and innovative solutions for energy and transportation system offered by inventors, students, “Makers”, researchers and enthusiasts.
    • The Alt Energy Drive to the Summit– watch, and cheer on our “AltE contestants” as they make history on Mt. Washington. Everything from home-built electric bikes, cars and motorcycles to the sleekest high-performance plug-in vehicles on the road today will be on hand. Watch for some truly unusual solutions there as well, including some top-secret “unmanned transportation” research projects currently in development. Awards and categories for the Regatta will reward ingenuity, creativity and dedication.

Dice has already promised to bring the Electrocutioner and the Predator... I'm workin' on Shelina... lol! Get those builds finished up and BE there!

2. Likes billmi, EVcycle, moon, ElMotoMike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Most Excellent Ted!"
    "obstacles suck but challenges are fun"

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go, Ted!

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit SplinterOz's Youtube Channel
    Great work!!
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital
    http://rgelectric.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one mate! Are you going to bust out some of the EV technology from 1975 for the fun of it?

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by jonescg View Post
    Nice one mate! Are you going to bust out some of the EV technology from 1975 for the fun of it?
    Yes we are! Charlie MacArthur bought both the first Corbin bike and the first Corbin Sparrow - SN 0001. They're both going to be there, with fresh batteries. Should be a hoot, considering the bike had an ON/OFF "controller". The only Corbin bike I've ever seen is in a museum. Speaking of that, the Auto Road is dusting off a couple of the early steam-powered stages they used, and running those too... apparently they've kept them in operating condition.

Sounds like we have some pretty interesting entries from the MIT robotics community here in Boston, too.

teddillard
    They just posted this on the site, with some vintage shots: http://mtwashingtonautoroad.com/news...4th-15th-2013/

Post Thanks / Like
    This is great Ted! I will be there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ted,

Looks like your are gathering momentum. By the way, the pic at the bottom of web link, I just saw that very similar car in Burbank, Ca. I hopefully I can find out who is driving it.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    very kewl Ted and congratulations, and to meet some historic pioneers, best of times
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast