Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RideApart reviews the 2014 Mission RS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by protomech View Post
    Did Tesla replace this system with a discrete charger in later Roadsters? If so, I wonder why.
    No longer AC propulsion. Tesla's site says the charger is integrated into the drivetrain, but I don't know if it uses the motor/interverter the same way.

From Wikipedia:

Before Tesla had developed the Roadster's proprietary powertrain, the company licensed AC Propulsion's EV Power System design and Reductive Charging patent which covers integration of the charging electronics with the inverter, thus reducing mass, complexity, and cost. Tesla then designed and built its own power electronics, motor, and other drivetrain components that incorporated this licensed technology from AC Propulsion. Given the extensive redevelopment of the vehicle, Tesla Motors no longer licenses any proprietary technology from AC Propulsion. The Roadster's powertrain is unique.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mission Motorcycles (based in San Francisco) didn't waste any time displaying their $59,000 + production RS race/steet bike and $30,000 + 2014 R production street motorcycle at Alice's Restaurant today. The guy with the camera is apparently someone of note, but I didn't catch his name. Photos of the "R" are attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

3. Likes Skeezmour liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are photos of the "RS".

I might add that I asked what changed the company's focus from being a consultant back to being a motorcycle manufacturer and I was told that an investor swooped in, dropped a bunch of money on Mission Motors and the result is that they are going into the consumer motorcycle manufacturing business. Needless to say, they plan to produce the highest spec motorcycles that money can buy and it looks like Lightning is about their only competition, although the Mission rep that I spoke with (naturally) didn't think Lightning would match their product quality or production ability.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Richard230; 04 August 2013 at 1420.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

5. Likes Skeezmour liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123